[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Yeah, I know, I'm really bad at flying in the atmosphere.

And speaking about the historical spacecraft: there was a question here (?) about some suggestions. Well, I recently watched the "2010" and guess what, there is one of the most impressive Russian spacecraft ever: "The Cosmonaut Alexei Leonov"

Komrade_Alexei_Leonov_final_03.png

Just saying ;)

Holy mother of.... I don't even... Whta/ WHat is thta? A large-mass interplanetary tug or something?

I have another idea for BobCat

wy9AOHJ.jpg

It's called "Prospective Piloted Transport System" and is basically Russia's answer to the Orion MPCV.

There also is a version with a longer service module for flights beyond low earth orbit.

Edited by Canopus

It's called "Prospective Piloted Transport System" and is basically Russia's answer to the Orion MPCV.

There also is a version with a longer service module for flights beyond low earth orbit.

I look like the Dragon form SpaceX, and, there's aleredy tow Dragon's mods.

wy9AOHJ.jpg

Not anywhere near identical, but it's pretty easy to toss together a reasonable analogue to it with parts from stock and BobCat's Soviet pack.

yldVlVV.jpg

If you're interested, I'd also love to see a PPTV mod, Bobcat.

In other news, I'm off to play with your other works, now that I can download mods again from the spaceport

Does anyone still has the pre-rescale Soviet pack? For some reason, BobCat still didn't undone the stupid thing, so I'll need the old OMs for both Soyuzes and the Progress. Also, by what factor precisely were they rescaled?

Does anyone still has the pre-rescale Soviet pack? For some reason, BobCat still didn't undone the stupid thing, so I'll need the old OMs for both Soyuzes and the Progress. Also, by what factor precisely were they rescaled?

What stupid thing?

I'm back, how are things

Is LunoKhod .19 compatible?

I test drove the Lunokhod on Kerbin yesterday and it all seemed to work fine. If that project is ever revisited or merged into the Soviet pack I would like to see the landing base for it as well :)

lunokhod_1_big.gif

What stupid thing?

Scaling the MIR and the Proton down. Since he did that, MIR looks stupid which Soyuz docked to it (Soyuz wasn't rescaled, because Kerbals wouldn't fit) and Proton can't be used to launch 3m parts. I undone the rescale, but OMs from the Progress and both Soyuzes have changed models in order to accommodate smaller docking ports. I need old versions to make them the proper size.

Scaling the MIR and the Proton down. Since he did that, MIR looks stupid which Soyuz docked to it (Soyuz wasn't rescaled, because Kerbals wouldn't fit) and Proton can't be used to launch 3m parts. I undone the rescale, but OMs from the Progress and both Soyuzes have changed models in order to accommodate smaller docking ports. I need old versions to make them the proper size.

The proper size would be 64% real-life size, he fixed it.

Hey, BobCat, could you please (if possible) tell us your plans for the future? Any more DEMVs or anything for the Soviet Pack? It would really lighten up this thread! I mean, everyone is feeling a bit down after the forum crash...

Edited by POTKC

The proper size would be 64% real-life size, he fixed it.

There's controversy on that " proper scale". I would say that if the Kerbals don't fit inside the rescaled Soyuz, then it's not the proper scale.

The scale of the kerbals in IVA isn't even very important for the majority of people who don't use IVA. The relative scale of Soyuz compared to Mir is much more important for most people.

Exactly. KOSMOS doesn't follow 64% scale and is better off for it, because it makes it compatible with other parts out there.

Also, scale of Kerbals in IVAs is fixed, but since IVA isn't rendered outside the vehicle, it doesn't really have to match the size of the pod. That would result in Soyuz-TARDIS, but I think that I'd rather have correct proportions between the externals, since you don't see one IVA next to another. Though to be honest, since I'm using KOSMOS, I'd rather have everything scaled back up. This is to allow Buran and Proton to carry 3m payloads.

BobCat, not really historical but I mace this design for a large Kliper...it's called ÛðÑÂтþчúð (Sparrow). It can hold 10 people, and is launched by the R7, just like the Soyuz, Progress and Kliper that you already made. I made some diagrams, they are in Russian to make it easier for you to understand them.

http://imgur.com/a/T9xI0#0

http://imgur.com/a/T9xI0#1

http://imgur.com/a/T9xI0#2

If you have time (I know you are very busy with HOME2 and Cassowary), and of course if you want to, could you try to make it?

Edited by POTKC
I did something wrong with the attachment...

Exactly. KOSMOS doesn't follow 64% scale and is better off for it, because it makes it compatible with other parts out there.

Also, scale of Kerbals in IVAs is fixed, but since IVA isn't rendered outside the vehicle, it doesn't really have to match the size of the pod. That would result in Soyuz-TARDIS, but I think that I'd rather have correct proportions between the externals, since you don't see one IVA next to another. Though to be honest, since I'm using KOSMOS, I'd rather have everything scaled back up. This is to allow Buran and Proton to carry 3m payloads.

A kerbal is 64% the size of a human, so it's logical that all human rocket are scaled down to fit their size if they use it. Think to a midget, I think it's Volkswagen that made a Golf downscaled to fit the size of a couple of midget.