[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

You know that you don't need to use symmetry while placing Soyuz/Progress panels? They look better facing the same way. Also, Kristall did have solar panels at launch. One was later moved to Kvant, the other was folded. Priroda didn't, though, and they almost lost it because of that.

Here is Progress departing from the now complete (though without docking module) Mir, apologies for putting solar panels on Priordia and Kristall, but they wouldnt have made it to the station without some way of generating the leckie.

-snip-

I've never had problems docking modules to Mir without solar panels. Perhaps you should time your launches so that you rendezvous at roughly the same time you reach orbit.

how do you fly the kipler? l lose control really fast once the rocket starts to wobble

Turn on SAS and let it fly itself, and allow it to wobble. Whne you reach 15 kilometers, roll the rocket so that you can gravity turn with the kliper being on its back. Be sure to activate RCS before starting your gravity turn, as it can otherwise result in much pain. No, you must wait until 15 kilometers to do the gravity turn.

Turn on SAS and let it fly itself, and allow it to wobble. Whne you reach 15 kilometers, roll the rocket so that you can gravity turn with the kliper being on its back. Be sure to activate RCS before starting your gravity turn, as it can otherwise result in much pain. No, you must wait until 15 kilometers to do the gravity turn.

i let it fly itself and it flips out at 5 KM and i lose control what am i missing? after i abort it i cant fly it and just flips around and i cant point it anywhere!

Edited by crasher925

I still find that the Buran's reaction wheels and especially the RCS is unbalanced, when you yaw it wants to roll as well, when you are translating it rotates

Read this thread or watch Youtube channel.

if you move the arm slowly enough (AND by that I mean that you have Fine controll turned on, CAPSLOCK so that the pointers are BLUE)... it will never shake itself apart.

Q: But my shuttle DID shake itself apart, and I did everything you just said!

A: if you move the arm slowly enough ... SLOWLY

I'cant figure it out clear enough, but RAM usage is not depends on the model size in linear.

It is more important, how many details KSP is loading.

And his models are very large in MBs, but they are perfomance friendly enough.

I'm getting a large RAM usage when installing many plugins and parts only.

Very nice textures. How much could it affect the RAM usage? I mean all of the new High resolution texture upgrade.

All upgraded textures have same or lower quality.

First target this update great optimization.

f28ef42819c2aaede1a6de00963d07c8.png

1bd48bab4454214bae66462f1dd78db8.png

54c55a08bc3891748b59de5bb16cb8d9.png

Edited by BobCat

All upgraded textures have same or lower quality.

First target this update great optimization.

f28ef42819c2aaede1a6de00963d07c8.png

1bd48bab4454214bae66462f1dd78db8.png

54c55a08bc3891748b59de5bb16cb8d9.png

That looks just about fantastic. I, and I believe I speak for most of this forum, really appreciate what you're doing.