[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

It doesn't help that when I try to download it, as I explained above, sometimes it is 45Mb, sometimes 70Mb or anywhere in between (the file is supposed to be 119Mb), always accompanied by a "unexpected end to the archive" on unzipping.

The download from Spaceport is malfunctioning. Same problem with a fwe other large-ish mods. I cannot download a functional copy of the Kosmos pack or NovaPunch either.

The damaged file does not contain all necessary files, this will be causing a lot of the crashes and other problems.

A little help? Can we get a mirror?

**EDIT**

Owning a windows XP machine with 2Gb of RAM I am very familiar with RAM-associated crashed and problems, this is not that.

Sounds like an issue with Spaceport. I've experienced the same issues and I am running OSX, just keep trying to re-download them. It's the best advice I can offer, I got them eventually. Although, I don't run into issues anymore.

I think it's something to do with the abort system. The stage is separated from the rocket and Soyuz instrument module, the LES is ignited, the gear deployed, and that's as much as I know. The shroud is kept on as the Soyuz isn't aerodynamic.

At the next wersion of the America pack, it is possibble to set the Orion separation to one of the first wersion. Because when is separate the spacecraft from the orbital stage, the fairing rips of the solar panels - is use te originali aded circulal solar panels, teh Constellation stile versions in mi setup of the craft. And its possibe to covert a little biger this solar panels, because in pictures like this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Orion_lunar_orbit_%28Sept_2006%29.jpg) the panels are bigger. And is possobe to to add the new tipes of solar panels like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/Orion_Service_Module.jpg at the next relase?

Thanks

I solved this problem by adding the fairing jettisoning to an action group. When stage 2 runs out of fuel (or whenever I want to do the 2nd staging) I press the selected number and then I decouple Orion. This way the fairings don't make any harm to the panels.

Hmm... I think community already have many US shuttle mods.

Yes but the ones I have found mostly have problems (non rotating wheels, glides horrible, ect.)

Would be nice if you could make a fully functional one like the Buran.

Hmm... I think community already have many US shuttle mods.
No, it doesn't. All of them failed, except the CSS and Tiberion's shuttles. The former currently has little hope of being made to work (due to lack of source files) and the latter is very inaccurate and not nearly as good as your mods.

No, it doesn't. All of them failed, except the CSS and Tiberion's shuttles. The former currently has little hope of being made to work (due to lack of source files) and the latter is very inaccurate and not nearly as good as your mods.

Completely agree, now that development on CSS has stopped we need someone to take over and make us a new shuttle. And I think Bobcat should give it a try :D

[offtopic] what, someone try to hack the site while it was being migrated? The nerve of some people. [/offtopic]

Didn't realize Bobcat posted pics of the LOK, but if he did it right before the site came down for migration, then I wasn't fast enough. But there is a video.

[offtopic] what, someone try to hack the site while it was being migrated? The nerve of some people. [/offtopic]

Didn't realize Bobcat posted pics of the LOK, but if he did it right before the site came down for migration, then I wasn't fast enough. But there is a video.

This is what I was referring to when I mentioned it in my prior post.