International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

Man I can't wait for this mod to look like those. The trusses in the right spot, and the Z1, and Node 3. Maybe a robotic arm track if we're lucky.

Also, the lengths of Node 1 and Node 2/3 being correct (I posted on this earlier), the Cupola module, AMS; I dream of this pack looking like this (minus the broken PMA).

Just stick a Clam-O-tron at the end. It works for me, and if you use a modified Jr. version, it even looks nice.

Anyway, the ISS assembly continues. Z1 Truss:

screenshot656q.th.png

And P6 Truss:

screenshot663.th.png

P6 was attached by the Shuttle, but I wasn't able to extend the panels with it attached, so I did so after it departed the station. Next on the roster: Destiny. It's going to be a very complex operation, since the Shuttle won't be able to dock to PMA-2 for this one.

Edited by Guest

It should be finished, though it may take a long time. I've still got 17 Shuttle and two Soyuz launches to finish the station, and that's not counting Soyuz TMA, Progress, ATV, Cygnus, Kliper and Parom launches, which I'll do when I feel like it (or a Shuttle uses all it's monoprop for docking, or a Parom runs low on it's own fuel).

It should be finished, though it may take a long time. I've still got 17 Shuttle and two Soyuz launches to finish the station, and that's not counting Soyuz TMA, Progress, ATV, Cygnus, Kliper and Parom launches, which I'll do when I feel like it (or a Shuttle uses all it's monoprop for docking, or a Parom runs low on it's own fuel).

Hey M8 can I ask yo a quick question...

what shuttle and how do you go about using it to assemble your stations?

I've been trying with Bobcats shuttle from his Soviet pack and everytime I get a piece in orbit and start taking it out of the bay using one of the robotic arms my shuttle just starts spinning and flipping around till it just breaks it's self apart.

Jeb went on strike.. and won't fly any of my shuttle flights anymore.Said he he wanted a headache he would just as well stay home with the misses...

I'm a CSS dev, ISS construction is great for testing the shuttle. It's not really ready yet, though.

I've been trying with Bobcats shuttle from his Soviet pack and everytime I get a piece in orbit and start taking it out of the bay using one of the robotic arms my shuttle just starts spinning and flipping around till it just breaks it's self apart.

Use precision controls when operating the arms and engage ASAS. Also, disable all but one ASAS modules via right click menu. Strut the arms. Also, use long pulls and pushes, think about what you want to do, then pick a movement direction and stay on it until the arm is in a position you want. You need to be very slow and very careful, those arms like to bug out.

fyi, if you don't already know, "Use precision controls" means "hit the Caps lock, so that the controls on the Lower Left turn blue. this causes KSP to scale back on the requested movement by (about) a factor of 10.

Nope. He's using the CSS shuttle. He is a tester or something like that.

He is balancing it iirc but I doubt he's using the CSS.

The Airlock of the CSS is really static and broken and does not work as a docking port.

You can't even place a stock docking port ontop of it due to the absurdly huge size of the collision box.

He is balancing it iirc but I doubt he's using the CSS.

The Airlock of the CSS is really static and broken and does not work as a docking port.

You can't even place a stock docking port ontop of it due to the absurdly huge size of the collision box.

Yes, I am using the CSS. I've added a node and a docking port to the airlock. It's a workaround though, one of the reasons why it's not ready yet.

I have to ask, I mean I'm no KSP modder but I have been around modding communities for a long time (takes me back to Halo PC modding days) and I don't understand why the CSS is so difficult to finish up? Granted I'm not taking into account how many people are working on it and/or their time constraints but it can't be any more difficult than Bobcat's Buran. Aside from aerodynamics of course, but it seems like you haven't even gotten to that stage yet?

I'm not exactly in a rush to see it finished since I have the Buran for all my shuttle needs, but still, it seems like the CSS thing has been in the works for ages!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.