International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

The NASA/ESA specs on the nodes:

Unity (node 1) is 5.47m long (a tad under 18 feet)

Harmony (node 2) and Tranquility (node 3) are both 6.70m long (about 22 feet). With the CBM length included, they're about 7.2m.

For reference, the MPLMs are 6.4m long.

Luke

AFAIK, nothing.. at all.. will dock with a ship that has a PMA part on it. Wether or not you are trying to dock to the PMA doesn't matter.

if the PMA is ON the ship, it will not dock.

I understand that they are working on the issue.

Luke

AFAIK, nothing.. at all.. will dock with a ship that has a PMA part on it. Wether or not you are trying to dock to the PMA doesn't matter.

if the PMA is ON the ship, it will not dock.

I understand that they are working on the issue.

Well, that would explain why nothing will dock. I thought I broke something when installing it.

Yes, PMA fixed and devo is gonna send it to bobcat, he's on vacation, but I think it was sent.

It's not fixed actually.

If there are any modders out there that can figure this out, it would be much appreciated.

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong, it just doesn't bring up the docking option in-game.

the docking nodes are in it (and yes, I have tried just one docking node attachment, one or two, same result)

image.php?id=1DF6_51A8706E&jpg

I have also added the reference node in the part.cfg like so:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDockingNode

referenceAttachNode = dockingNode

nodeType = size1

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = open

startEventGUIName = Open

endEventGUIName = Close

}

So if anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong, I'll send you a cheeseburger and all these people will be happy :)

It's not fixed actually.

If there are any modders out there that can figure this out, it would be much appreciated.

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong, it just doesn't bring up the docking option in-game.

the docking nodes are in it (and yes, I have tried just one docking node attachment, one or two, same result)

image.php?id=1DF6_51A8706E&jpg

I have also added the reference node in the part.cfg like so:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDockingNode

referenceAttachNode = dockingNode

nodeType = size1

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnimateGeneric

animationName = open

startEventGUIName = Open

endEventGUIName = Close

}

So if anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong, I'll send you a cheeseburger and all these people will be happy :)

I am no modder, but I have an idea. Have you tried rotating the model so that the docking port is at the top, and change referenceAttachNode=dockingNode to referenceAttachNode=top?

All the other docking ports I've seen use refernceAttachNode=top.

Hope that helps.

I am no modder, but I have an idea. Have you tried rotating the model so that the docking port is at the top, and change referenceAttachNode=dockingNode to referenceAttachNode=top?

All the other docking ports I've seen use refernceAttachNode=top.

Hope that helps.

ill give it a go, thanks..

I guess this is invalid help from vegan then :(

u need a empty game object in unity called dockingNode, and add referenceAttachNode = dockingNode in cfg

made 1 and it works so happy docking :)

edit: dockingNode is where it will dock (duhh<me)

Hey, Devo, I think I know what the problem with the PMA is. It's the fact that there are two docking ports on one part. There are no other double-docking port cases that I know of. Maybe KSP does not like it if there are two of them on one object. Try to cut the PMA in half and use it as two parts. If this problem prevails after that, I'll eat my favorite hat.

Hey, Devo, I think I know what the problem with the PMA is. It's the fact that there are two docking ports on one part. There are no other double-docking port cases that I know of. Maybe KSP does not like it if there are two of them on one object. Try to cut the PMA in half and use it as two parts. If this problem prevails after that, I'll eat my favorite hat.

As I said, I have tried it with just one, unfortunately its the same result.

Is there even a need for those two ports?I mean 2 parts on such a huge station wont really matter anyway

It's the key part that connects the ROS and the USOS so...yes it's an important part.

I think you guys need to see that:

screenshot631j.png

I'm currently working on CSS, and as a test, I actually managed to lift Unity into space and dock it with Zarya. I must say I'm pleased with the results, while the shuttle still has a lot of issues, and a few parts are placeholders, this part worked perfectly. That said, it was incredibly hard to actually dock Unity to it like that, and dock this whole shebang to Zarya afterward.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.