International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

hey guys, i just put the toggle able ASAS plugin in, & also changed the part config back to default. I loaded KSP a window loaded saying that the part was missing.

I then continued to check the control tab and the MIIR ASAS was in there, I then created a vessel and put MIIR ASAS on it clicked launch.

the vessel loaded and another window popped up again saying invalid part.

I turned RCS on and controlled craft, the MIIR ASAS turned on and was active. despite all of the windows saying it was corrupted.

I am running latest version of KSP.

Edited by wakairyu

You'll find none of the parts loaded at all, not just MIR_ASAS. You need to:

Download the ISS pack, the latest Soviet pack, latest Toggleable SAS, and latest KAS - all separately.

Seems you need Romfarer's Robotic Arms pack as well. And Buran seems to have taken a vacation from bobcat's Soviet pack; the parts are there, but no .craft, nor build instructions.

Elaborate?

(did you put them on correctly, when put on wrong it will rip itself apart quite violently.)

I was using the stock craft file. But I found the problem, it was the unity node 1. I replace it with a FusTek part, and every thing worked.

Also, BobCat removed the MIR ASAS module from his pack. I found if you just delete the two instances of it from the ISS.craft file, it works OK. Zarya and Zvesda are command pods, so have built in ASAS. The station turns very slowly (expected) and I find that ASAS can't really control it very well, but you can turn it manually and it works.

Curious if the devs would like some of us who have no modelling or texturing skill to work on documentation. We could set up a Google Drive document that details pre-requisites, part list, assembly instructions, launch vehicles, tips etc. and try to keep it up to date as the project evolves. Eventually it could be packaged into a pdf and included with the add-on package.

I would be seriously indebted if someone would send me a link to a Buran .craft file for BobCat's Soviet pack, even if it includes parts that don't work anymore. I cannot, for the life of me, assemble it correctly in the VAB. Those Energia decouplers are starting to make me want to claw my eyes out in frustration.

I would be seriously indebted if someone would send me a link to a Buran .craft file for BobCat's Soviet pack, even if it includes parts that don't work anymore. I cannot, for the life of me, assemble it correctly in the VAB. Those Energia decouplers are starting to make me want to claw my eyes out in frustration.

I know that feeling! Pm coming your way in a few.

Very nice! Where'd you get your SPP and JEM external platform?

The JEM-EP is part of the JEM. You need to right click it.

So I finally finished off building my ISS, it is a bit laggy however :D

Well not bad, but there's no SPP. That program was cancelled about a year ago.

The JEM-EP is part of the JEM. You need to right click it.

Thanks for the tip! I'm making very slow progress building my own replica off the ISS. Kibu is some distance off. I was thinking about trying to do an entirely historical construction (e.g. launch Unity with a PMA fore and aft, relocate the aft one when Destiny arrives, etc.) but I think that's going to be too difficult (for me).

I know,I just thought it looked cool :D Nauka is also something that may never go up, if they keep delaying it like they have been for the last few years :P

And I made the SPP from kosmos parts

Finished my ISS, and i docked a couple of shuttles for fun.

It's that the CSS you are using there?

Edited by Chimer4

shuttle flight is a nightmare

This is true for Buran too, which must be why Bobcat removed it from his pack. Tried to de-orbit last night and couldn't keep the shuttle from tumbling wildly during re-entry. Once I was down into the soup, though, I was able to regain control and landed a couple km from KSC (i.e. nowhere near the runway.) Good thing Kerbals can withstand enormous g-forces and Kerbal spacecraft materials are entirely heat-proof.

I know,I just thought it looked cool :D Nauka is also something that may never go up, if they keep delaying it like they have been for the last few years :P

And I made the SPP from kosmos parts

It's that the CSS you are using there?

The SPP was canceled after the Space Shuttle Columbia Accident back in 2003. And, the Multipurpose Laboratory Module (MLM) Nauka is (finally) schedule to launch on a Proton rocket in December after several years of delays. The Pirs docking compartment will be de-orbited with the next Progress to open up the nadir docking port on Zvezda to allow Nauka to dock.

On an unrelated note I need to upload my photos from the ISS Flight Control Room in the Mission Control Center as well as photos of the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility where the ISS astronauts train. (Last week at JSC!)

This is true for Buran too, which must be why Bobcat removed it from his pack. Tried to de-orbit last night and couldn't keep the shuttle from tumbling wildly during re-entry. Once I was down into the soup, though, I was able to regain control and landed a couple km from KSC (i.e. nowhere near the runway.) Good thing Kerbals can withstand enormous g-forces and Kerbal spacecraft materials are entirely heat-proof.

That's pretty odd, I had the same problems with CSS in both .20 and .21.

On an unrelated note I need to upload my photos from the ISS Flight Control Room in the Mission Control Center as well as photos of the Space Vehicle Mockup Facility where the ISS astronauts train. (Last week at JSC!)

Please do!

Does anyone know the diameter of the CBM included in this pack, pre- or post-64% scaling

In Game it matches the 1.25m parts, but they have it set in the config file to size5, so it will only dock with other CBM ports. It is also set very strong with a small reengage distance, so it is very hard to undock from.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.