[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

The Transfer Window Planner mod in my Sig will do this for you - and create KAC Alarms, I would like to generate modelled data for a bunch of the modified systems and incorporate into KAC directly, but swamped for time at the moment

Alright, i'll try it right now, TY :)

Is anyone else having an issue where the alarms are not saved between sessions? Its kind of a disruptive bug!

I've noticed that when I set transfer alarms at the main KSC screen. Set them up, go do whatever, quit the game, come back, they're not saved. I thought I was going crazy, thinking 'I coulda sworn I set those alarms..' :P

I've noticed that when I set transfer alarms at the main KSC screen. Set them up, go do whatever, quit the game, come back, they're not saved. I thought I was going crazy, thinking 'I coulda sworn I set those alarms..' :P

Its every type of alarm in my save, and as I use KAC to time my launches, its a little annoying!

The integration with KER doesn't seem to work for me.

KAC always says "Enough \Delta v: False" even though I have a single stage with more than enough delta v.

KAC v 3.4.0.0

KER v 1.0.18.0

If you need more input let me know.

The integration with KER doesn't seem to work for me.

KAC always says "Enough \Delta v: False" even though I have a single stage with more than enough delta v.

KAC v 3.4.0.0

KER v 1.0.18.0

If you need more input let me know.

If you dont mind sharing the vessel file that would be excellent - just so I can make sure I'm testing the exact case.

If you dont mind sharing the vessel file that would be excellent - just so I can make sure I'm testing the exact case.

FYI - The KER integration works for me but only if I have the KER Orbit window showing. I'm assuming this is because KER only runs the simulation for node burns if the Orbit window is showing.

the_Manual - does it work for you if you have the Orbit window showing?

FYI - The KER integration works for me but only if I have the KER Orbit window showing. I'm assuming this is because KER only runs the simulation for node burns if the Orbit window is showing.

the_Manual - does it work for you if you have the Orbit window showing?

YES, that solves the issue.

Smart of KER only to calculate what is needed :-) makes me appreciate it even more.

Seems at least one Display-bit of KER wich deals with manouver-nodes has to be active.

Having an orbit window with only e.g. time to periapsis doesn't update the KAC times.

And it doesn't matter where that calculation takes place. If the value is displayed in the surface window that works, too.

So TriggerAu:

maybe add at least a tooltip, or better a warning that prompts to activate and show at least one manouver-node related piece of data in any active KER window.

(and verify that all man-node stuff is calculated if at least one is activated. I didn't test this very thoroughly)

And thanks, Tarheel1999.

1- can we use this to get the ejection angle in a interplanetary transfer?

2- how do I disable the >> icons on map view? (warp here icons)

thanks

Edited by seyss

Maybe this has been mentioned before....forum search is a dismal feature of this forum software.

I've had several instances of where my load of a save file goes awry. I think the save files themselves are okay, as exiting and restarting the game seems to allow me to load them, but the problem has happened in more than one scenario since putting KAC on there.

Basically when it switches context to a new ship, or tries to load a save file, there's no ship there, just a blank star field. I've also seen the KAC GUI get looking messed up.

I have about 20 other mods installed, so I'm reluctant to remove or add them one by one in a laborious process to determine the culprit, especially if someone has seen this before. I can also check the logs for anything out of place if this isn't a known problem.

Sooooo.....does this sound familiar?

Cheers,

-BS

So I downloaded and installed the mod but found it cannot do the simple thing I needed it for. I have a small probe that's diving down toward the sun because I have a contract that requires me to test a part at a very narrow altitude range of the sun, closer than Moho's orbit. It's periapsis is below this point, and I don't want to miss the time it happens. So I wanted to set an alarm based on distance. But, the distance box won't let me enter an altitude in meters larger than about 2.1 billion (I'm guessing it's limited to a 32-bit integer), so it defaults to the periapsis altitude which is not helpful for me. This is kind of a dumb limitation to have in a game dealing with spaceflight and astronomical distances, don't you think? I mean, 2.1 billion meters is well inside Moho's orbit. At the very least I should be able to enter a distance in kilometers.

So I downloaded and installed the mod but found it cannot do the simple thing I needed it for. I have a small probe that's diving down toward the sun because I have a contract that requires me to test a part at a very narrow altitude range of the sun, closer than Moho's orbit. It's periapsis is below this point, and I don't want to miss the time it happens. So I wanted to set an alarm based on distance. But, the distance box won't let me enter an altitude in meters larger than about 2.1 billion (I'm guessing it's limited to a 32-bit integer), so it defaults to the periapsis altitude which is not helpful for me. This is kind of a dumb limitation to have in a game dealing with spaceflight and astronomical distances, don't you think? I mean, 2.1 billion meters is well inside Moho's orbit. At the very least I should be able to enter a distance in kilometers.

Create a maneuver node just above the target altitude and warp to that. Then you can more slowly warp to the correct altitude.

I've never really used the distance alarms so can't really speak on those.

Simple issue, and I am probably doing something wrong. But I downloaded and installed KAC 3.4.0 and I tried to set up an alarm to alert me when I get to 10,000m on kerbin to do the gravity turn. But the alarm goes off almost immediately. Can someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

Here's my setup screen.

http://imgur.com/6zHQUwW

and here's when the alarm triggers (well below 10km)

http://imgur.com/R0i6EtT

Edited by randywreed

YES, that solves the issue.

Smart of KER only to calculate what is needed :-) makes me appreciate it even more.

Seems at least one Display-bit of KER wich deals with manouver-nodes has to be active.

Having an orbit window with only e.g. time to periapsis doesn't update the KAC times.

And it doesn't matter where that calculation takes place. If the value is displayed in the surface window that works, too.

So TriggerAu:

maybe add at least a tooltip, or better a warning that prompts to activate and show at least one manouver-node related piece of data in any active KER window.

(and verify that all man-node stuff is calculated if at least one is activated. I didn't test this very thoroughly)

And thanks, Tarheel1999.

Thanks for the good work finding that behaviour. I'll look to put something in for that behaviour

1- can we use this to get the ejection angle in a interplanetary transfer?

2- how do I disable the >> icons on map view? (warp here icons)

thanks

5thHorseman has 2 covered (thanks). For 1. currently it just gives the time to the event as theres no info in the data that covers that extra level of detail. You can use the Transfer Window Planner plugin in my sig or one of the other manuever planners to get that kind of info, or at some point I will find the time to run the TWP en masse to pregenerate a bunch of those values - is a rainy day task of mine

Maybe this has been mentioned before....forum search is a dismal feature of this forum software.

I've had several instances of where my load of a save file goes awry. I think the save files themselves are okay, as exiting and restarting the game seems to allow me to load them, but the problem has happened in more than one scenario since putting KAC on there.

Basically when it switches context to a new ship, or tries to load a save file, there's no ship there, just a blank star field. I've also seen the KAC GUI get looking messed up.

I have about 20 other mods installed, so I'm reluctant to remove or add them one by one in a laborious process to determine the culprit, especially if someone has seen this before. I can also check the logs for anything out of place if this isn't a known problem.

Sooooo.....does this sound familiar?

Cheers,

-BS

Havent seen that one myself, one thing that has caused issue like that in the past is Control Locks - in the KAC settings you you turn off the locks that it does to see if that fixes it. In the log file (output_log.txt) you can usually see if theres errors occuring at the time of the event to help find the issue, but sadly it may be one of those test and test again instances.

The limitation is simply because the request for that feature asked for altitude above planet and the orbits "altitude" attribute is a double. I'll see what I can do to change that to cater to larger distances (logged here https://github.com/TriggerAu/KerbalAlarmClock/issues/151). One small note of feedback for you, I can understand the thinking, but would ask you to think about how some people might read the request here, calling something dumb can put some people off from fixing stuff, luckily I'm not one of those people :) .

Simple issue, and I am probably doing something wrong. But I downloaded and installed KAC 3.4.0 and I tried to set up an alarm to alert me when I get to 10,000m on kerbin to do the gravity turn. But the alarm goes off almost immediately. Can someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

Here's my setup screen.

http://imgur.com/6zHQUwW

and here's when the alarm triggers (well below 10km)

http://imgur.com/R0i6EtT

Hey, unfortunately what your seeing is due to the way the clock works. The alarms look ahead on the existing flight path for when the vessel will be closest to the target distance, and then creates an alarm at that point in time, for the expected arrival. As your vessels current flight path only has it going up for the next 4 secs (cuase its just launched and building speed) thats when the alarm will fire. Of course as you are still burning and the flight path is adjusting as you gain velocity thats not gonna be your ultimate spot, but the Clock doesnt go back and constantly recheck flight parameters and update the distance alarms. it might be possible to add another alarm type to handle your scenario, as long as there's no warping involved (as slowing things down gracefully if the flight path is changing hasnt been successful in most tests). Hope that explains it and its not too much babble.

For extra credit in 1.0 and later the aero model changes mean that its actually better to start your gravity turn quite early - around about 100m/s velocity and then to let the vessel "fall" over and follow the prograde marker up into orbit. Some good references on gravity turns in 1.0 are :

and

Havent seen that one myself, one thing that has caused issue like that in the past is Control Locks - in the KAC settings you you turn off the locks that it does to see if that fixes it. In the log file (output_log.txt) you can usually see if theres errors occuring at the time of the event to help find the issue, but sadly it may be one of those test and test again instances.

After experimenting a bit further, it seems it can happen on any context switch, not just a load of a save. Jumping from one vessel to another, or going between a vessel and the Space Center. It seems somewhat random, maybe 1 context switch out of 10? Enough that it's a nuisance. Certainly could be cross-mod interaction, though I did clean out my GameData folder recently to try and diagnose a problem with another mod. Got rid of a fair amount of outdated or broken stuff, so I think I'm in fairly good shape there. It just happened to start after I installed KAC.

I'll give a try to turning off the locks.

But yeah, this mod is fairly indispensable when trying to coordinate 8 or 9 missions at once. Thanks!

Cheers,

-BS

One small note of feedback for you, I can understand the thinking, but would ask you to think about how some people might read the request here, calling something dumb can put some people off from fixing stuff, luckily I'm not one of those people :) .

You're right. I was frustrated at the time I wrote it because I wasn't noticing the truncation of the number I was entering, so I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before I noticed what was happening. My suggestion is maybe you store the value as a double too, in kilometers? Anyway, I'll let you figure it out.

You're right. I was frustrated at the time I wrote it because I wasn't noticing the truncation of the number I was entering, so I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out what I was doing wrong before I noticed what was happening. My suggestion is maybe you store the value as a double too, in kilometers? Anyway, I'll let you figure it out.

Tis not a problem, I'll get it nailed out, just working through some redmine stuff at the moment

Where are these control locks that you mention here?

I've been having some load/save issues myself for some time, where my main save loads like this with none of the stock UI selectable except the "Back" button. The view cannot be rotated, and buildings cannot be selected. THe time acceleration arrows at the bottom are clickable, but time does not appear to move forward.

screenshot476.png

Sometimes loading a different save and going back to the main save will fix it. Sometimes I have to quit the game and reload it.

About half the time, I can fix it either by deleting an old Kerbal Alarm Clock alarm from the panel, or by creating a new alarm and deleting that, which is why I'm using the old button instead of the stock toolbar button, as none of the stock toolbar buttons can be accessed when this happens. I'm wondering if turning off the aforementioned locks might help.

Where are these control locks that you mention here?

I've been having some load/save issues myself for some time, where my main save loads like this with none of the stock UI selectable except the "Back" button. The view cannot be rotated, and buildings cannot be selected. THe time acceleration arrows at the bottom are clickable, but time does not appear to move forward.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4057920/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/v1.0/Screenshots/screenshot476.png

Sometimes loading a different save and going back to the main save will fix it. Sometimes I have to quit the game and reload it.

About half the time, I can fix it either by deleting an old Kerbal Alarm Clock alarm from the panel, or by creating a new alarm and deleting that, which is why I'm using the old button instead of the stock toolbar button, as none of the stock toolbar buttons can be accessed when this happens. I'm wondering if turning off the aforementioned locks might help.

Tis in the visibility section of the settings - http://triggerau.github.io/KerbalAlarmClock/manual.html#Settings-Visibility. The "prevent click through" check boxes cause locks to some background types.

What you are seeing there is caused by Control Locks and there was quite an issue with people getting stuck in that camera perspective a whiles ago. The game is loading the KSC Scene and then applying an "All" lock so none of the interface is open. If you have the debug tool open (Alt+F12) then you can click the "Show Input Locks" button on that and it will show you what locks are in place. Most plugins that use locks name thm so you can tell its a plugin created lock, and then the others are core game (usally). I cant recall if you can get the debug tool up once the camera is in that state, but if it happens frequently enough to you then have it on before you play and drag it mostly off screen. Will help to pin down exactly what is the issue. I'll see if I can find the last time I saw this in a thread too

- - - Updated - - -

This is the one I was thinking of - have a look at the screenshot/locks pics in the thread and you should see what to look for - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100722-Game-locks-up-with-odd-view-of-space-centre