Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

• 3 weeks later...
Infinitedice, you drive me to create carrier planes for missiles! AND NONE OF THEM WORK!

You'll need to elaborate a bit :)

I can land, take off, sail across the ocean, go fishing in beautiful locations. Are you saying the missiles don't work? If so the only missiles I have released with boatparts is the trident, which is a tactical missile fired from the sub.

Nah, more of a joke. I wanted to have something small that could carry a missile, so I built a plane for it. Yes, I built a plane for a Trident Tactical Missile. I tried to hit a sub with it, but my computer froze...

I am quaking with excitement. Actually, that may be an earthquake. Nope, it's just a rocket... Also, why are the missiles coded to fly away from the target until they're half out of fuel?

• 2 weeks later...

This may not have been the intended use for your KCVN Nuclear Engines, but they worked pretty well when Jeb strapped them onto a plane and managed reached orbital speeds at sub-orbital altitudes... by the time he exited the atmosphere he was going a good 5Km/s

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I also accidentally orbited an unfinished carrier because the center of thrust was far below the center of mass

Javascript is disabled. View full album

That's strange, for me they always seem capped at about 45 m/s in the atmosphere no matter how many you're packing or where they're at.

My biggest issue is that one of the plugins with B9 makes my carriers randomly sink to the ocean floor. I thought it was hooligan at first, but took out every mod and added back in and it finally popped when I added in B9 with all its plugins. Randomly visiting your carrier will sink it to the ocean floor, even from spaceport. You fly in and it looks good at 10km out, but as soon as you get to 2km out, it warps to the floor instantly.

Also, Joint Reinforcement, InfernalRobotics, and R3 do not play well together at all. Explodes on spawn for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Edited by PolecatEZ

That's strange, for me they always seem capped at about 45 m/s in the atmosphere no matter how many you're packing or where they're at.

My biggest issue is that one of the plugins with B9 makes my carriers randomly sink to the ocean floor. I thought it was hooligan at first, but took out every mod and added back in and it finally popped when I added in B9 with all its plugins. Randomly visiting your carrier will sink it to the ocean floor, even from spaceport. You fly in and it looks good at 10km out, but as soon as you get to 2km out, it warps to the floor instantly.

Also, Joint Reinforcement, InfernalRobotics, and R3 do not play well together at all. Explodes on spawn for no apparent reason whatsoever.

It's likely joint reinforcement. I'll be changing over to the R5 update once I get one more Skillful patch out the door...

This may not have been the intended use for your KCVN Nuclear Engines, but they worked pretty well when Jeb strapped them onto a plane and managed reached orbital speeds at sub-orbital altitudes... by the time he exited the atmosphere he was going a good 5Km/s

http://imgur.com/a/uEnY3

I also accidentally orbited an unfinished carrier because the center of thrust was far below the center of mass

http://imgur.com/a/roukG

You can orbit a carrier? Hmm, you should putting that thing either on Eve or Laythe, just for kicks and giggles.

Hi there!

I recently installed your mod. Found a couple issues you might want to fix (or maybe you already have in a build not available to the public yet)...

Several items have no tech tree entries for career mode:

limpet mines (both)

carrier deck!!

VLS Trident (all parts)

(temp fixed these myself)

Second, the aircraft carrier's bridge has really strange connectivity. For example, I can't put struts on it, at all. If I try, they're inside the object and connect to another part of the inside of the object. No idea how to fix this off hand.

Lastly, I didn't like the carrier engine sounding like a jet, so I modded it out. (don't worry about this one. To each their own)

Other than these, your mod is awesome! I fully intend to begin carrier operations immediately. I have added several remote tech, infernal robotics, and SCANsat parts to your carrier .craft, to make it a mobile command center that's visible on the main map, and appears to have a full on communications tower. Now, to try to land something on it!

I too am having this problem. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Do you happen to have B9 Aerospace installed or any other mods?

I think I have it narrowed down to the ExsurgentEngineering plugin or Kinetech, though no idea why it would flip or sink carriers.

The Joint Reinforcement is actually very very good for carrier parts so long as you never use or dock with anything using InfernalRobotics, then your ship explodes (?). This one is able to be duplicated well. It just means no more rotating radar tower or gantry in the maintenance deck, but your ship is otherwise rock solid without using hardly any struts. I've had a triple length carrier with a 42 part count cruising along just fine.

I'm holding my breath until R5, as I've had a love-hate relationship with this mod forever now. I want it so badly to work, but when I finally get a nice working carrier rolling, I come back to some bug/mod conflict putting it under water or exploding my aircraft on deck. Any chance you could steal Snoj's FSfloat code? That has the added advantage of making a rock-solid landing deck where the landing gear doesn't clip under when the boat rocks.

I'm holding my breath until R5, as I've had a love-hate relationship with this mod forever now. I want it so badly to work, but when I finally get a nice working carrier rolling, I come back to some bug/mod conflict putting it under water or exploding my aircraft on deck. Any chance you could steal Snoj's FSfloat code? That has the added advantage of making a rock-solid landing deck where the landing gear doesn't clip under when the boat rocks.

I've already re-written the float code when I was building in compatibility for Skillful. It's likely I'll never change it again pending a KSP update breaking it. Again this new code will not be out till R5 is released.

what new things will be in R5 release

Not much new. Some things will be removed. Mostly it's a float update and integration with skillful so damaged parts can be affected. There will be a two part warship hull... haven't decided on anything else yet.

Not much new. Some things will be removed. Mostly it's a float update and integration with skillful so damaged parts can be affected. There will be a two part warship hull... haven't decided on anything else yet.

By warship hull do you mean sum thing akin to a destroyer or missile cruiser? Because if its the latter vertical missile silos for tridents whould be sweet!

do you have a release date for R5 or not?

Rule number 1 in these forums is never to ask for a release date especially with a sense of entitlement. InfiniteDice is now maintaining two major mods and has his own life to live. He isn't being paid he's doing this in his spare time . It will be released when it is released.

FYI, the ability to save game in flight (coming in ARM) is a boon for boat and airship mods.

I wonder if planes on carriers will still need to be docked?

Not necessary for save purposes but I'm unsure how brakes respond to having what's below them move.

It may crash the game

It may work

It may lock in its relative place and let the boat continue leaving the plane suspended

I'm not sure