[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

The TGA glitch is just that, a glitch. Everything looked perfectly normal when I ran KSP this morning. Intermittent problems always make for interesting troubleshooting.

Just to point out,FASA doesnt Like kerbinside.. Or KSP because It always gives these color errors and when i try and load up a save it crashes,and sometimes when i destroy buildings gives the color error. Some times I start up the game,Its a Mac. Mods:Kerbinside Only,Nasamission and squad.

Unfortunately we are going to have to wait for squad to fix this one as it is a product of several bugs with the textures. If it is really annoying you could just convert the TGA to a PNG and it would prevent the white textures but you would have to deal with it not mip mapping correctly, witch is another bug.

You can also try using .mbm textures. I don't think they're affected with mipmap bug, at least, and they're certainly not affected by either memory or not loading bugs. It's the format Squad uses for it's parts, so if any format is reliable in KSP, it's .mbm .

Could you add this in FASA v5.00?

Ridiculously easy to approximate and launch on a Saturn V. Approximation is just fine since the vehicle never existed past the drawing board.

ndrsu3t.png

Edited by Jack Wolfe

So I find this funny and IDK if anyone else is experiencing it but the Saturn V and NOVA are so heavy it destroys the launch pad by just sitting there. Did you get rid of the spool up for the F-1s because the Saturn V and NOVA just take off really fast now, almost unrealistically. At least it seems this way to me. Also did you change the sound of the F-1's because I remember them sounding a lot more awesome at launch in previous versions? Is anyone else experiencing the launch pad blowing up under the weight of the Saturn V?

So I find this funny and IDK if anyone else is experiencing it but the Saturn V and NOVA are so heavy it destroys the launch pad by just sitting there. Did you get rid of the spool up for the F-1s because the Saturn V and NOVA just take off really fast now, almost unrealistically. At least it seems this way to me. Also did you change the sound of the F-1's because I remember them sounding a lot more awesome at launch in previous versions? Is anyone else experiencing the launch pad blowing up under the weight of the Saturn V?

No, lots of engines are falling through the launch pad if you don't clamp the rockets.. The LR-89 (Atlas Booster engine) is doing it on my little sub-orbital probe rockets. It isn't a weight issue but I had thought it was caused by one of my other mods.

No, lots of engines are falling through the launch pad if you don't clamp the rockets.. The LR-89 (Atlas Booster engine) is doing it on my little sub-orbital probe rockets. It isn't a weight issue but I had thought it was caused by one of my other mods.

I am using the FASA launch clamps. The nova and apollo craft files both have clamps, and they still cause the launch pad to explode.

You can also try using .mbm textures. I don't think they're affected with mipmap bug, at least, and they're certainly not affected by either memory or not loading bugs. It's the format Squad uses for it's parts, so if any format is reliable in KSP, it's .mbm .

There's a mod out that allows KSP to load DDS files direct from the disk, appears this gets around the .tga loading bug, .png mipmap issue and decreases loading time significantly.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96729-0-25-DDSLoader-1-0-%28Oct-13%29-Loads-DDS-Texture-Yes-it-is-boring-edition

Could you add this in FASA v5.00?

Cheers, flameroby67664

I'm actually hacking something together for launch on top of a Saturn C-8. It's not done yet as only the launch vehicle is in a semi-complete state, but I might end up releasing it at some point. Err, it requires FASA of course, and a couple other mods and still needs to be updated to .25

J6P3RlV.png

6EBIkAy.png

hI5rcAb.png

Edited by m1919

Hey Frizz I know I mentioned it before and I don't know if anyone else has noticed it but the Saturn V is really fast now. It takes off actually unbelievably fast. It doesn't do anything to the rocket. Nothing is actually wrong its just that (I might be the only one) I really liked the slow take off, the engines spooling up, and the progressive acceleration. Even the NOVA takes off really fast extremely fast. Raidernick said that he had to tune down his rockets because they seemed overpowered with the .25 update.

Over the weekend, my wife took me on my first trip to Kennedy Space Center in almost 30 years. Of all the fantastic mods available for this game, FASA does a great job of making you feel like you are reliving the early days of the space program.

I proudly donated to Frizzank and I thank all modders for helping something that I feel is very important to keeping the dream of space exploration alive!

First off, I want to thank Frizzank, Tosh, DennyTx, NovaSilisko, Captain Slug and Tiberion for the amazing work on this mod. I'm really enjoying it and the parts look awesome. Really adds to the space program.

My issue lies within using Real Chutes with these parts. I'm seeing in the VAB and on launch that the parachute system and flotation device is deployed at the beginning. I initially thought that I could open a right-click options menu on the chute system to 'store' them but I cannot access any options without ejecting the cover on the Apollo capsule which houses the docking port. Obviously that would ruin a mission.

I've included a picture of what this looks like in the VAB. May be worth noting that on reentry the chute system will 'store' itself only to redeploy an instant later. Anyone have a remedy?

screenshot1.png

My issue lies within using Real Chutes with these parts. I'm seeing in the VAB and on launch that the parachute system and flotation device is deployed at the beginning. I initially thought that I could open a right-click options menu on the chute system to 'store' them but I cannot access any options without ejecting the cover on the Apollo capsule which houses the docking port. Obviously that would ruin a mission.

It's a known problem with RealChute, not FASA. Edit RealChute's ModuleManager config for the FASA chutes and remove the Apollo section.

It seems like a very cool mod, but whenever the game finishes the loading bar when you launch it, it stops responding and doesn't respond again. The only other mod I have is the Environmental visual enhancement mod. Does anybody know what this is?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.