[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Can't wait for stage 2 of your mod to start coming out...but I seem to be having a problem that cropped up with the latest version of your mod. (Though I will say that I'm still not entirely sure whether it's actually FASA's fault or something else that removing FASA or the other competing mod fixes by coincidence)

Basically, with the latest version of FASA, it seems to slow down loading time massively to the point it would probably take an hour to finish loading everything before launch unless either A: I remove B9, H.O.M.E, and Extraplanetary Launchpads to reduce the slowdown to something tolerable (or, at the extremes, remove a great deal of my installed mods to get the original loading speed), or B: Remove FASA to reduce the loading time to its normal, fast (relatively speaking anyway) state.

The odd thing is that this only occurs with the latest version, the previous version will cooperate just fine with those mods without interfering with loading...even though it seems like all you did was add new parts for the latest version, and I've updated other mods that changed more in their updates without them going haywire like this. It's a bit mind boggling.

Most likely something got corrupted or is conflicting with something else. It sucks but unless you know what file it is specifically, your going to have to do a clean install and re-download your mods. If your sure its FASA, try deleting it, then re-downloading it, and installing again. Spaceport is known for corrupting download files. Also why they are working hard to update it.

I tested a clean install with the latest FASA and stock parts only, and from nothing to the start screen took 58 seconds. Which is actually 10sec faster than before when everything was a png, most are tga's now.

Most likely something got corrupted or is conflicting with something else. It sucks but unless you know what file it is specifically, your going to have to do a clean install and re-download your mods. If your sure its FASA, try deleting it, then re-downloading it, and installing again. Spaceport is known for corrupting download files. Also why they are working hard to update it.

I tested a clean install with the latest FASA and stock parts only, and from nothing to the start screen took 58 seconds. Which is actually 10sec faster than before when everything was a png, most are tga's now.

Actually, that's why I thought it was a mod incompatibility issue. When I removed everything except FASA and the stock parts, it loaded just fine, so I tried narrowing down the list of mods it seem to be having problems with.

And inspired a bit by what you said concerning which file it is, I just went and tried narrowing it down to which part was causing the problem. It seems the culprit was the Gemini Lander Pod, I take that out and suddenly everything starts loading fine again. Put it back in and the loading issues reappear.

I'm still a bit baffled as to why this is the one part my mod list seems to be having trouble with but I'm willing to forgo using it in exchange for other kinds of landers for Mun and Minimus missions in exchange for being able to keep up with the latest versions of your mod. Crisis averted. :)

Actually, that's why I thought it was a mod incompatibility issue. When I removed everything except FASA and the stock parts, it loaded just fine, so I tried narrowing down the list of mods it seem to be having problems with.

And inspired a bit by what you said concerning which file it is, I just went and tried narrowing it down to which part was causing the problem. It seems the culprit was the Gemini Lander Pod, I take that out and suddenly everything starts loading fine again. Put it back in and the loading issues reappear.

I'm still a bit baffled as to why this is the one part my mod list seems to be having trouble with but I'm willing to forgo using it in exchange for other kinds of landers for Mun and Minimus missions in exchange for being able to keep up with the latest versions of your mod. Crisis averted. :)

I just want to report that I had the exact same problem: after installing FASA, loading took several seconds PER ITEM on startup, probably would have taken several hours to load completely.

I do have quite a few mods installed but have never ran across this kind of error before.

Many thanks to Exposure for doing the legwork, removing the Gemini Lander Pod removes the problem completely. The config looks normal to my untrained eye, can't think what would be conflicting.

Oh, and if anyone wants a config file that adds the FASA tanks and engines to ModularFuels, PM me.

I just want to report that I had the exact same problem: after installing FASA, loading took several seconds PER ITEM on startup, probably would have taken several hours to load completely.

I do have quite a few mods installed but have never ran across this kind of error before.

Many thanks to Exposure for doing the legwork, removing the Gemini Lander Pod removes the problem completely. The config looks normal to my untrained eye, can't think what would be conflicting.

Surprisingly enough, a simple commenting error.

Part of the cfg by default looks like this:

//MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

And causes the loading lag.

Whereas if I change it to this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

Loading is normal.

It's a bit fascinating how such a small error can cause such a big bug. In the genuine sense, not the mockery sense in case anybody takes that the wrong way. I didn't think it would actually be the cause of the problem until I tried it out on a whim.

Actually in my experience B9 and Explanetary Launchpads are so incompatible with other addons that they have been removed from my game completely due to their incompatabillity and desire to work together with other mod developers to fix problems.

Surprisingly enough, a simple commenting error.

Part of the cfg by default looks like this:

//MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

And causes the loading lag.

Whereas if I change it to this:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSAS
}

Loading is normal.

It's a bit fascinating how such a small error can cause such a big bug. In the genuine sense, not the mockery sense in case anybody takes that the wrong way. I didn't think it would actually be the cause of the problem until I tried it out on a whim.

Thank you for finding this, updating the fix to spaceport now, should be ready in a few min or so.

Im thinking it was one of the mods that had the problems with the commented out module and tried to read SAS as something it was not.

I cant add mushroom clouds without plugin support. If someone wants to do this your more that welcome to.

Edited by frizzank

I cant add mushroom clouds without plugin support. If someone wants to do this your more that welcome to.

Yeah, I would definitly appreciate that, too.

I've experimented a bit with particle systems, but you can't import them into ksp right now, the support isn't added.(I think)

It'd be great is this could be archieved somehow. I don't know, how romfarer did the explosions with his guided missiles.

What is the size of your Titan II with warhead?

I might do something:)(maybe a silo in which it perfectly fits in?)

cheers

Themorris

Edited by Themorris

Frizz I was wondering what would be the chances of you making the X-20 Dyna-Soar? It was a small one man spaceplane designed in the late 50s that sat on top of a Titan III rocket. In fact the MOL was the Air Force's successor to the Dyna-Soar. I'm not sure if a spaceplane even one as small as this would be up your alley, but since your making a winged Gemini I figured I'd mention it.

The wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-20_Dyna-Soar

The rockets themselves

http://www.esacademic.com/pictures/eswiki/68/Dyna_Soar_launchers.png

And keep up the awesome work if not for this mod and Novapunch I wouldn't have a space program.

Evil MunBase 99

So I did this last night and it was a lot of fun.

A group of evil kerbin's are going to blow up the Mun. Finish them off before that can happen.

I built a base on the moon (used hyperedit to save some time), and sent nukes from kerbin in an attempt to destroy it.

The death toll was 2 Evil kerbins, and half of the base. Though the habitat and the rover survived, I may need to send another salvo to finish off the evil kerbin Mun base.

save file if anyone wants it.

http://www./download/b39iamryjlrj739/Moonbase.zip

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Oh my God...this is not an ICBM (Inter Continental Ballistic Missile) but an IPBM (Inter Planetary Ballistic Missile)!!!

All Intelligent Sevices will must be on high alert situation...i will activate my ADWSS (Action Direct Warning Satellite System)!!!

New type of threats on horizon...

Edited by CERVERUS

Oh my God...this is not an ICBM (Inter Continental Ballistic Missile) but an IPBM (Inter Planetary Ballistic Missile)!!!

All Intelligent Sevices will must be on high alert situation...i will activate my ADWSS (Action Direct Warning Satellite System)!!!

New type of threats on horizon...

The MIRV warheads can be surface attached and have a small solid rocket booster to assist with launching.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.