[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

You don't necessarily need to launch to direct rendezvous. You just need to be very careful about your initial insertion (match inclination on your way up), and ready to make slight corrections instead of large ones. 20% of fuel is enough, remember the full load can get you into Munar orbit and back, with fuel to spare. It's more than enough if you know how to rendezvous.

Then how am I supposed to rendevouz with Skylab/Mir/ISS AND de-orbit? I mean, yes, I know about launch windows (I should really install Alarm Clock), but when it comes to launches, I tend to get impatient.

I mean if you are really lazy and impatient there is always mechjeb

Actually, if you're impatient, add boosters. No matter what you do, rendezvous with CSM fuel at 20% is gonna take time unless you manage to launch directly to rendezvous.

I'd be wary of MechJeb here, because it tends to waste fuel, and you can't quite afford that. Unless you're bad at docking/rendezvous, you'd be better off doing it yourself. Margins are a bit tight here, though it's very much possible to do manually.

Made a new SM, it doesn't have as much detail as Denny's (Which was part of the problem) but it renders about 10x faster now and I can turn reflections on again.

Last thing I am going to fix is the Cap/LES, for some reason it's blown out white.

If I have time I will separate the parachutes from the floats. That way it will not break with Real Chutes and you can place them where you like.....

[snip Image]

That looks good. Hopefully It won't cause the random "Flameout" issue with the AJ-10 that Denny's Did (half the Time I would get a message saying no fuel and no Oxidizer when the fuel was full on the CSM.

Actually, if you're impatient, add boosters. No matter what you do, rendezvous with CSM fuel at 20% is gonna take time unless you manage to launch directly to rendezvous.

Until I can afford my Saturn II INT-17 launcher I use what I call a Saturn IC build. Stage 1 is 4 J-2/J-2S/J-2X engines, and 4 H-1 engines. I hook 2 Titan 5 segment SRBs equipped with Real Chute cone parachutes (for recovery.) My CSM is launched fully fueled but I use the Trans-stage type CSM/Fuel tank vs Denny's as I continually have issues with the CSM's AJ-10 flaming out with Denny's CSM.

I have action groups set up so I can shut down or start the J-2s and the H-1s independently of each other for efficient launch. Generally the H-1s are running while the UA-1205 SRBs are on and I have the J-2s set to activate with the Smart Parts at UA-1205 jettison (the UA-1205s and their Chutes are all jettisoned and deployed automatically as well.

Yes this isn't a Real world LV but it is a great re-purpose of existing parts without going TOTALLY crazy. NASA even looked at this as a viable alternative to get larger loads into orbit before realizing the Saturn II would be cheaper (Saturn IB's first stage is much more complex than Saturn II's larger 1st Stage.)

So I separated out the floats and the parachutes so you can add or use them however you like. I also gave the sphere floats a crash resistance of 120 so you can make your own bouncy probes if you like.

I cant figure out how KSP buoyancy works to get the floats functional, but if someone has any clue just PM me.

Yes I know there are mods for it but I am looking for a stock way to do it.

WuODgMn.jpg

k3aIPKQ.jpg

JUFIvH5.jpg

VNTrQDq.jpg

Floats are the small round parts and the green rectangle

1vad5iH.jpg

So I separated out the floats and the parachutes so you can add or use them however you like. I also gave the sphere floats a crash resistance of 120 so you can make your own bouncy probes if you like.

I cant figure out how KSP buoyancy works to get the floats functional, but if someone has any clue just PM me.

Yes I know there are mods for it but I am looking for a stock way to do it.

http://i.imgur.com/WuODgMn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/k3aIPKQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JUFIvH5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VNTrQDq.jpg

Floats are the small round parts and the green rectangle

http://i.imgur.com/1vad5iH.jpg

Are those for the next update? Can't wait!

Beta test 4.99

Somethings got moved around so if you have a rocket or craft file from the previous update it may have some weirdness with attachments but it will still load. You will have to go into the vab and re-attach the part to get it in the proper position...

Added Floats, ringed version and Spheres

Re-skinned the Apollo LES so it is no longer blown out white

Re-exported heat shield to be less burnt

Created a streamlined Service module, runs a lot faster and uses less draw calls

Made CM lighter so it would float easier

CM interior added, Unfinished.

Re-skinned Apollo capsule and cap, works with the reflection plug-in now, has a flag and lights too.

Moved the reaction wheels from the Gemini pod to the rcs pack. RCS torque does not work well on small single parts, but it will be more effective now, uses Mono as fuel.

Mercury IVA added

Antenna added to Mercury cap

Customizable flag decal added to Mercury Gemini and Apollo Pod.

Tweaked engine fuel consumption for J2 and H1 so Apollo s1b was possible.

Added more available fuel for J2 tank and S1B tank. Default amount is the same

Apollo IU weighs half as much now .25

Moved The Laser Mass Spectrometer to a higher tech level -TechRequired = advExploration to account for the new building upgrades

Removed Apollo parts that were never implemented - Boxes and rover holders

Made Gemini mini SRB's cheaper

Made Mercury lights draw a lot less power...

Increased fuel in ascent stage decreased in decent stage

Removed Connected living space mod modules. Stock game supports crew transfer now.

Increased thrust on Apollo SM engine to 110 and lowered its weight

Fixed 2.5m launch clamp scale issue.

http://www./download/6bd2ordoh2d33um/FASA4.99.zip

Edited by frizzank

Beta test 4.99

Somethings got moved around so if you have a rocket or craft file from the previous update it may have some weirdness with attachments but it will still load. You will have to go into the vab and re-attach the part to get it in the proper position...

Created a streamlined Service module, runs a lot faster and uses less draw calls

Re-skinned Apollo capsule and cap, works with the reflection plug-in now, has a flag and lights too.

Moved the reaction wheels from the Gemini pod to the rcs pack. RCS torque does not work well on small single parts, but it will be more effective now, uses Mono as fuel.

Mercury IVA added

Moved The Laser Mass Spectrometer to a higher tech level -TechRequired = advExploration to account for the new building upgrades

Removed Connected living space mod modules. Stock game supports crew transfer now.

Uhhh,theres a error with the download,it does not include the Save file.. Edit:Will you upload this on kerbal stuff as well too?

Frizzank If I know programing, I would make a config for you... using your Apollo capsule as the model only making it about 40 % larger, and adding space for up 6 kerbals for Orion, and then I would send it to you, though now that I think about it, I would need to rework the iva as well.. I not asking you to do this because I know your not planing on doing any thing that new. But I think you would look at including it if some one did it for you

Beta test 4.99

Mercury IVA added

Cool, new IVA... This is gonna be fun! gonna test it after school

No save file for the beta. I have to re-create some of the rockets to account for the changes. Like the incorporation of RCS in the Apollo CM

Alright,that is fine Please Shoot me a PM ASAP When you Implemented a save file,and or Give me The new FASA version with the save file in the PM

So in celebration of KSP .90, I decided to take a picture of the Explorer on it's rocket sitting on the tier 1 pad

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/41987135234930659/350F0F819CAC09DC6B4D552F6437F9C0B1D182FA/

Thanks Frizz for this wonderful mod!

Ha, nice!

FYI the 4.99 beta has works with KSP .90

FASA should be listed in the manufacturers with its own icon, I still need to double check that all the parts are listed.

I will make 2 new solar panels today, if I have time (medium and large ones modeled after the Skylab ones), and that will be it for new parts.

I also need to remove the SAS from the pods as they are controlled by the pilots now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.