[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

was the satern 1 b maned rated rocket?

Yes, the Saturn Ib was human rated, and was intended to be from the start I believe. It was to be used for Apollo 1, and was used to launch Apollo 7, Skylab 2, 3, and 4, and the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project mission. All other Saturn Ib launches were unmanned.

Hey, Frizzank, I have an idea of another thing you could work on, how about adding a lunar/munar rover to go with the lander and the rover box!

Someone else beat me too it. Also wheels are frustrating to work with to export correctly.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/86343-Portable-Rover-Components-New-project-from-ASET-%28up-29-07-14%29

also on the first post...

Nice lander Jack...

Also this happened for one of FASA's randomly generated contracts. All I have to say is Accepted....

jEbf8eK.jpg

Edited by frizzank

Jack Wolfe That is form the Apollo applications program? a capsule with a lem landing desent stage if I recall

That's correct! I've been playing around with a lab base version as well. My favourite thing to do in KSP is dig through real world plans that never came to be and try them out.

yeah I was thinking about playing around with it... I thinking about doing a historicish nasa play throw, playing with the idea that if nasa had not had its bugent cut back so badly

Go for it! That's the beauty of FASA. Go crazy. Fly the MOL. Launch an Apollo CSM aboard a Titan IIIc. Or take a Big G to the Mun. Or build a Duna mission to launch aboard a Nova rocket. Frizzank put the raw material in your hands. The rest is up to you. :cool:

Dig into the Beyond Apollo blog for additional ideas of how the Apollo program could have stretched into the 1990's. Fascinating stuff!

Edited by Jack Wolfe

I've launched an Apollo CSM from a Titan IIIE*, but chose to use a Poodle SM engine so I wouldn't have to deal with the fairing; otherwise the engine catches on the decoupler and explodes when it's staged. Maybe you could adapt the Saturn-style fairing to work but I thought it'd look funny. Works well for LKO.

*not the same as FASA's built-in Voyager 2 booster, which claims to be a IIIE. IIRC I added a Centaur upper stage (present on the real Voyager) and used the SRBs labeled for Titan IIIE use, plus it looks like the Titan's first-stage engines are turned 90 degrees from where they should be.

Edited by bthylafh

Right click the Docking nosecone of Gemini and extend the docking guide. Should work with the Agena Docking Cone as it ensures proper alignment.

If you still cant dock, please provide a screenshot of the two aligned but unlocked and I will see if I can help.

I think all of them.

(Apollo has a seperate heatshield.)

The deadly re-entry module manager needs to be updated. I recently removed the deadly re-entry heat shield references from the cfg files. Stock kerbal is going to have its own heat system soon and I didn't want them conflicting.

Ok, because I was using them in RSS recently and I had no sign of there being compatability with DRE

Any chance you could add more stock ships? Like the Big G launched from a Titan III, the Gemini Moon Mission rockets, a Saturn 1b with the Apollo Capsule, and maybe the Apollo Direct Ascent? I have a craft file for the last two, and am working on the files for the Gemini Moon Missions. Right now all I've got is a flyby ship. Could you add them in to the mod possibly?

Does the umbilical tower automatically fuel my stages? Because I cant seem to bring up any right-click menu to tell it to do so.

A right click menu should be showing up, do other right click menus show up? If not something else may be wrong. Try F2 to bring your hud back up.

Posted a small update to fix the docking bug with the Gemini Nosecones.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

I suggest the parts from Apollo-M/Ares/Voyage - Stephen Baxter ships.

That thing is on YouTube as Ares: Mission to Mars by rseferino01

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

EDIT: and I found the Orbiter mod.

http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3393

Edited by flamerboy67664

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.