[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

I recently had an issue with KSP and has to reinstall everything and did so with ckan, now the game freezes when loading the apollo modules

This is on real solar system and realism overhaul

FASA works perfectly well in stock KSP. If you are having an issue with RO or RSS issue with FASA those threads are more than capable of handling any issue you might be having because of the popularity of FASA in RSS/RO. So someone might have an answer for you here, but the more appropriate spot and spot to which you will most likely find an answer to your RSS/RO issues will be in those perspective threads.

hmmmm now thats a problem lol. If you want help it would be best if you posted your mods and log so someone can see where your game is going wrong. Also I highly doubt that this is a bug with fasa and more likely the mod or mods you have chosen to change the textures of KSP, ie eve, ksprc, interstellar, etc. Either way this is a problem you should probably post there.

I tried Real Fuels (with Stockalike Real Fuels Engine Configs of course) with FASA today actually. I only checked the Saturn IB and V rockets, but nearly everything seems to work. The LEM Ascent Engine does not have a config yet and therefore must use the standard LiquidFuel/Oxidizer. Shouldn't be hard to edit the file and copy the config for the Descent Engine.

I did notice everything seems a lot lighter and therefore delta V's are a lot higher and thrust-to-weight is ridiculously high. Apollo CSM is 4 tons lighter and gets double delta V (over 1600m/s). Saturn IB losses 50 tons. SatV is 190tons lighter and almost gets to orbit on first stage alone (and 3 F-1 engines is more than enough for it)! Weird.

Thanks

Read my post.

I want the APOLLO ROVER.

In all my years of KSP I have not seen an Apollo Rover replica. That does not mean it didn't exist at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

When I jettison the Apollo LES (I use commands not staging), the floats on the CM deploy. And then dont deploy on splashdown.

When I was still using the Apollo CSM stack I had a similar problem. But that was in ver 5.01 I think. It turned out that it was another mod causing it to me (I THINK it was one of the various "Non Snjo compiled" Firespitter.dlls that have been "Modified" to fit a specific mod.) I doubt this will help you directly but it might give you a starting point.

FYI KSP 1.0 has a large number of changes and additions that really help streamline things. As such many parts are going to be removed to help with over redundancy of parts in the stock game.

As a result your craft files from before 1.0 may not work. If you want your old custom crafts to work just dont delete your old install of FASA and paste the update over your old FASA install and all will be well, but weird things may happen....

Read my post.

I said

I did read the 1st page.

I do not want

Want your own deploy-able rover?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...up-29-07-14%29

I want the APOLLO ROVER.

In all my years of KSP I have not seen an Apollo Rover replica. That does not mean it didn't exist at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

When I was still using the Apollo CSM stack I had a similar problem. But that was in ver 5.01 I think. It turned out that it was another mod causing it to me (I THINK it was one of the various "Non Snjo compiled" Firespitter.dlls that have been "Modified" to fit a specific mod.) I doubt this will help you directly but it might give you a starting point.

Bobcat did make an Apollo Rover, however, it didn't survive the updates too well. Also, David, the Apollo Rover that was a part of Denny's Apollo program was held back due to funkyness. Will we ever get that rover? Most likely not. Time to cry to sleep at night like I do.

Bobcat did make an Apollo Rover, however, it didn't survive the updates too well. Also, David, the Apollo Rover that was a part of Denny's Apollo program was held back due to funkyness. Will we ever get that rover? Most likely not. Time to cry to sleep at night like I do.

The more you know!

IW8simF.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Stuff coming to fasa in 1.0

Pioneer probe core, antenna and mini mono propellant engine.

I wanted another probe earlier and that was stackable. It comes with a thermometer and Geiger counter.

http://i.imgur.com/iCRE6mn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bwT0kDJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bTno9lo.jpg

This is going to be an amazing addition to FASA

No Kerbals have complained about the sub-standard safety issues, yet....

Also because its been announced in 1.0 (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116166-Counting-down-the-days-6) I can show it here. FASA now has the long awaited feature of procedural fairings and I can finally delete all the old faring walls. I did keep the 1.25m half wall and the nosecones as they were need for Agena.

nBdNrJg.jpg

4xR7fNb.jpg

Edited by frizzank

Frizzank, I please ask that you do not completely remove the fairing walls, etc. Provide them in a separate file, or relinquish your rights to them on them so that they may be included with RealismOverhaul. Those guys spent a lot of time building fairings to correct height and so on. It'd be a shame for that effort to be wasted in an otherwise unproven stock implementation.

Of course you can only decide such things and I bow to your wisdom.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.