Actions on the Fly : Edit your action groups in flight mode

macbernick

The license is pretty clear stating

macbernick: April 2013

DO-WHATEVER-YOU-WANT-WITH-THIS-SOURCE-CODE GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

Hmm, maybe I should of actually looked at the license before asking such a question... Heh.

It works like a charm on my pc so why edit it?

I'm referring to more along the lines of KSP being updated and the plugin breaking, if the author of the plugin isn't around somebody else would have to fix it.

• 1 month later...
Hmm, maybe I should of actually looked at the license before asking such a question... Heh.

I'm referring to more along the lines of KSP being updated and the plugin breaking, if the author of the plugin isn't around somebody else would have to fix it.

Which is what happened and why it works currently thanks to Pontiac.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the possible exception of some poorly worded mod functions, AotF seems to be functional in .22 . I checked using a simple starter rocket, booster, liquid engine, and parachute. Assigned no staging or action groups in the VAB and was able to fly it using the number keys after changing the action groups on the pad.

The only oddity I ran into was the that ion cross has very generic names for the air vents and oxygen scrubber on the mk.1 command pod, and I had more possible commands for them on the pad than in the VAB (the air vents are supposed to be self maintaining). That's probably more to do with ioncross than AotF though, and as I recall the available commands have never quite matched up anyway.

To be clear, it's Pontiac's update that I've checked, not the one in the OP.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.1.1 works beautifully. (It's linked to somewhere in this thread. The front page links to 1.1 which results in duplicate AG Edit sections in the context menu. Still works, but annoying as all heck. Find and download v1.1.1 and you should be good to go.

Yeah version 1.1.1 is the one I downloaded to try.

Thanks!

Version 1.1.1 works beautifully. (It's linked to somewhere in this thread. The front page links to 1.1 which results in duplicate AG Edit sections in the context menu. Still works, but annoying as all heck. Find and download v1.1.1 and you should be good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this mod forever now it seems, but have had a thought. How hard would it be to add a button that when clicked showed a list of all parts that were connected to a given action group? Sometimes things get complicated with multiple action groups (especially with parachutes, and with multiple stages each with parachutes) and remembering what's been connected where is a pain. Right now you can use this mod to find all action groups connected to a part, but not all parts connected to an action group.

@Gerhard> You can just plug it in, or remove it at your leisure. It doesn't include a part, and is always available.

@Patupi> Its an interesting idea, but above my pay scale. The link I posted with the fix for the multiple commands on the main menu of this plugin was all I contributed. The OP still hasn't come back, but the source code is free to modify and redistribute according to the license. I *MIGHT* have a go at it, but I've only patched and played with some plugins, never added functionality like you're asking.

Yeah, I'm a programmer but not really familiar with C# let alone Unity. I took a look at the source and I sort of understand it, but I'm not sure how this would be implemented. I suppose a simple method (in that other mods have used something close) would be to have a duplicate of the 'select action group' page, but instead of adding or subtracting an action group to the list, it would then highlight all parts connected to that action group. It's either that or create a list of components, then display the list (a la crew manifest maybe?) with a list of current action groups beside each component. Might be too awkward to see what's going on in the latter option though. A lot of ships have way too many components for this to be easy to understand.

The 'highlight parts in action group' might work better but there'd still be a problem. Some parts are often buried inside the structure and wouldn't be obvious. Hopefully this wouldn't be too problematic with action groups as most of the things you want action groups for should be on the outside to work (that I can think of). Lights, landing legs etc. Most need to have room to function, but not all I guess. Might be cases where the highlighting might not show what's happening.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.