Gremlins sneak into my builds

If you're playing the Steam version of the game, you'll upgrade through Steam when the next update becomes available. The patcher never really worked properly, so it was discontinued, and non-Steam accounts upgrade through the KSP Store (Log in, profile, scroll all the way to the bottom for download links.) There is a new patcher in the works, and of course the devs are working on 0.20, but there hasn't been a lot of visible progress due to various craziness. Hopefully we'll get some eye candy with the Tuesday update.

Also no, I don't have problems with rockets lagging at any particular altitude.

You may not have any choice on steam, some steam games will refuse to run when a new patch is out even if you'd prefer to wait a few days for mod compatibility. We haven't yet seem how it treats KSP as it was made available on this patch.

A proper patcher for all of the other versions of the game will likely come with the next patch or two.

There can be a small glitch at 6000m but you should only notice it on the very largest rockets (300+ parts).

So do i wait for steam to update or use the updater thingy which i read about and cant find?

Also is it just me or does everyones rocket lag out at 6000km then works fine after staging?

6000(m) or 6000(km), because if its lagging at 6000(m) (during ascent) this is a problem with the ISA sat map plugin. To fix this, simply turn map drawing off during launch. if its 6000(km) then I have no idea and this is a bug, and the devs should look into it. Chances are its the former.

Depends on how heavy the rocket is and how high you want your apoapsis. If it has a lot of inertia and/or weaker turning mechanisms (SAS torque, RCS, fins) it's going to turn slower.

The point of a gravity turn is to get the orbit almost circularized by the time the apoapsis gets to the point you want it. Else you'll need to exert a lot of force very quickly to be able to stay in orbit.

mm intresting thoughts i will play around and see whats goin on.

well well i be a kerbal monkeys uncle!! it seems ive wasted about 20 designs for lifters for my Griff GPS probe the problem has been solved , So i start my turns at 5k but when reached 6k wud lag so following the advice given here i did turn off the maping etc and wow she ran smooth as silk.

Just goes to show not only in the virtal world but in real life how things can be messed up because of one little tick box.

thankies all will post again when find another problem heheheheh

Edited by griffin247

6000(m) or 6000(km), because if its lagging at 6000(m) (during ascent) this is a problem with the ISA sat map plugin.
I have this problem, and I do not use the ISA plugin...?

Yeah, the root cause is the game's behaviour (I believe it resets the origin every 6km) which triggers the bug in mapsat so other problems might be caused at the same distance.

Just goes to show not only in the virtal world but in real life how things can be messed up because of one little tick box.

Yeah, on a game in development it's always a good idea to start by assuming any mod not explicitly compatible with the version you're using is the source of any problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.