LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

I just have to say how amazing your add on is for KSP! Without it, my interplanetary explorer could not have begun its journey! :D

lHZY9kW.png

Pardon the big pictures!

You did this while i'm still figuring out how i'm going to build my first station....... :(

Noticed a bug: while stock probes can function as long as they have a power source, these probes require battery space to function, even with plenty of RTGs and such.

There's a simple reason for that, the stock probes have a built in power reserve.

You did this while i'm still figuring out how i'm going to build my first station....... :(

That's the easy part. You just haul stuff into orbit, rendezvous, dock it together and just like that you've got a station. :)

That is a very impressive looking ship though. I guess I'd better figure out what I can get rid of to make room for this pack.

I seem to be having any issue with this mod, it seems like parts are missing. When I try and spawn one of the saves it comes with it says I am missing a large number of parts. Am I just missing something?

A lot of parts from 9.9 got taken out :(

If you want them, like me, you have to do some work to manually take out duplicates (stuff got renamed so it won't overwrite; this was a craft breaker) and then you have a 9.9-10.4 hybrid edition.

A lot of parts from 9.9 got taken out :(

If you want them, like me, you have to do some work to manually take out duplicates (stuff got renamed so it won't overwrite; this was a craft breaker) and then you have a 9.9-10.4 hybrid edition.

Skip to the part where he makes a big rover. Those parts are some of the ones missing. Also, I tried loading one of the ships that comes with this mod, and it was missing a whole bunch of parts. A huge list. You can't tell me the latest update took out everything but the cockpits.

Interesting bug: similar to jet engines, the 1x1 nuclear rockets take a few seconds to cut out. This can ruin some missions.

The nuclear engines take a few seconds to get to full power, too. This is not a bug. If you edit the configs, you can modify this behavior...

Check the error log. It usually says when parts fail to load and why...

I'm actually have the same problem as the guy who brought this up - I didn't notice it at first, but when I went to build something with the Catfish as cockpit I couldn't find any other parts to match it's shape. When I saw your post I decided I'd take a glance at the error log, and lo and behold I have error messages for the majority of LLL parts.

Log error example

[LOG 21:12:42.748] GameDatabase: Assets loaded in 28.343s
[LOG 21:12:42.750] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Parts/Aero/Intake/part/LLLIntake'
[LOG 21:12:42.786] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Parts/Aero/Intake/part/LLLIntakeSmall'
[LOG 21:12:42.795] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Parts/Command/LLL2x1ASAS/kethane/2x1KethaneConverter'
[ERR 21:12:42.797] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'LLL/Parts/Command/LLL2x1ASAS/model' as model does not exist
[ERR 21:12:42.798] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
[ERR 21:12:42.799] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
[ERR 21:12:42.800] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
[LOG 21:12:42.801] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Parts/Command/LLL2x1ASAS/part/2x1ASAS'
[ERR 21:12:42.802] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'LLL/Parts/Command/LLL2x1ASAS/model' as model does not exist
[ERR 21:12:42.803] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
[ERR 21:12:42.803] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
[ERR 21:12:42.804] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

Full log is bigger than post character limit, but will post in two batches if it can be of assistance. This is using a brand new fresh unzipped copy of KSP, and a newly downloaded copy of LLL. Tried twice (redownloading).

Or could copy the LLL directory into GameData rather than copying the contents of the archive into the root directory of KSP.

Might be worth having something even resembling installation instructions on the first post or in a text file with the archive.

Edited by KPJZKC

Hey Lack, just checking in. :) Thought I'd see if you're working on anything new. It's been a while since we've seen any WIP screenshots. If not, that's cool, I figure you're actually playing the game, lol. :D

I haven't seen anything from Lack since the forums came back up :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.