LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

I've encounter consistent crashing pre-load when attempting to load LLL in .25 - I'll try and eliminate some mods and see if it's a conflict or if it's just borked for now.

if it's just LLL then i think it's memory that's getting you to crash. if it's LLL, SXT and KSC++ (v3) then it's mostlikely SXT due to the fact that everyone seems to be having problems with SXT right now.

if it's just LLL then i think it's memory that's getting you to crash. if it's LLL, SXT and KSC++ (v3) then it's mostlikely SXT due to the fact that everyone seems to be having problems with SXT right now.

I'm under the assumption that that's indicative of having to use the x32 version and not the x64? I have a pretty strong computer, but running on a single core can only do so much. Although, I'm running fewer mods than I was on .24.2 and I had little/no crashing issues then.

LLL seems to be running okay now! Not sure what I did differently.

Edited by Mortal

Hey, lack, I love your mods, especially LLL, it's one of the first ones I download and install every time I update my game. I've noticed a few graphical issues, like the radar ball not having a base, and the spherical tanks on some of the models don't exist. Is there a way to fix this on my end, or is this just something that happened in KSP .25?

Also, lover the BD armory turrets you have, they really make my sci-fi ships feel epic. is there plans to do more?

Hey, lack, I love your mods, especially LLL, it's one of the first ones I download and install every time I update my game. I've noticed a few graphical issues, like the radar ball not having a base, and the spherical tanks on some of the models don't exist. Is there a way to fix this on my end, or is this just something that happened in KSP .25?

Also, lover the BD armory turrets you have, they really make my sci-fi ships feel epic. is there plans to do more?

Ah yeah, I haven't used LLL in a long time, so haven't tested it with .25. They changed the folder names around, if you open up the .cfg for those parts you should see a MODEL{model=Squad/something/something/model} bit, just need to find where they've moved them to and change the folder path to the new one.

Not currently, I had an ion-cannon like thing, but I could never quite get it to work. I'll need to get back to LLL eventually, just don't have as much time nowadays.

Ah yeah, I haven't used LLL in a long time, so haven't tested it with .25. They changed the folder names around, if you open up the .cfg for those parts you should see a MODEL{model=Squad/something/something/model} bit, just need to find where they've moved them to and change the folder path to the new one.

Not currently, I had an ion-cannon like thing, but I could never quite get it to work. I'll need to get back to LLL eventually, just don't have as much time nowadays.

Thanks, that helps me out a bit. still need to track down some of the parts though. I look forward to future releases.

Edited by Dakota2063

Are you still working on these for the next release, These are very awesome parts that I can really make use of.

I second those parts to be releases soonâ„¢! I can so use them to make some killer Homeworld like ships!

Ah, I genuinely thought I'd released all that. I'll upload what was being worked on in 0.24 (or was it .23.5) before I hit issues with fire-spitter and tweakscale. You should be able to pull the parts out of there. A lot of it possibly needs building from the ground up, trying to support previous versions was turning it into a bit of a game of Jenga and I haven't touched it since then.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/LLLunfinishedstuff.zip

If people put together a community fix, or just pull the extras out and bundle it up, I'll happily put that up till I get round to it again.

Ah, I genuinely thought I'd released all that. I'll upload what was being worked on in 0.24 (or was it .23.5) before I hit issues with fire-spitter and tweakscale. You should be able to pull the parts out of there. A lot of it possibly needs building from the ground up, trying to support previous versions was turning it into a bit of a game of Jenga and I haven't touched it since then.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/LLLunfinishedstuff.zip

If people put together a community fix, or just pull the extras out and bundle it up, I'll happily put that up till I get round to it again.

Thanks, I'll take a look and see what I can do with these. I'm all excited right now. :D

okay, did a first look through of the folders. Got every thing except a few parts to work. The Centrifugal ring is broken, even after bringing in the old part and placing it in the LLL folder, and the radial docking things just keep exploding every time I go to launch the vessel. every thing else is looking good, from what I can see.

Edited by Dakota2063

Hi there !

I don't have the strenght to read the 258 previous pages of the section, but after testing the last release of B9 Aerospace, i've just one dream : Having the same parts customisation in Lack Luster Labs, to gain some pages in the VAB/SPH, and maybe more variation than in the actual mod.

Does anyone kwow if it's easy enough ? It just need the code to work I think, and the textures can be added after ?

Thanks, I'll take a look and see what I can do with these. I'm all excited right now. :D

okay, did a first look through of the folders. Got every thing except a few parts to work. The Centrifugal ring is broken, even after bringing in the old part and placing it in the LLL folder, and the radial docking things just keep exploding every time I go to launch the vessel. every thing else is looking good, from what I can see.

CentRing probably just needs the anim module updating in the cfg. Dunno about the radial docking stuff, sometimes stuff like that just happens with moving colliders. anim module might need updating for that, also.

@MongrealWulkin,

There's some of that sort of thing in the link in my post 2 posts above yours.

CentRing probably just needs the anim module updating in the cfg. Dunno about the radial docking stuff, sometimes stuff like that just happens with moving colliders. anim module might need updating for that, also.

@MongrealWulkin,

I'm referring to the static ring made out of 20+ mk1 hull parts, went back and grabbed to older model, but the spacing is all off. Holes every where. Only part that is a mash up of many smaller parts that seems to be broken. I'll look into the animation module, but I honestly don't know quite what I'm doing with that one. Tweakscale seems to work with most of the new parts, so that's good, and I plan on sitting down later this week and rewrite the .cfg files that aren't formatted properly. (I'll hopefully post some images of my large carriers and cruisers once I start to put them together.

Played around with your ion cannon and I think I might have an idea of how to make it work. I was thinking of taking BD's gua-8 and editing it to fire lasers, and then wrap your ion cannon mesh around that. Should keep it firing straight forward. Going to make laser variants of your turrets, but as some one else pointed out earlier, the large single barreled one fires two shots instead of one, still, it'll be fun. Now if only I could change the laser color.

The radial docking part is kind of funny to watch blow up my ship. I can get to light speeds with it, or even throw Kerbin out of orbit :D . I noticed that it seems to flip 180 once it is launched which is probably why it's being so self destructive. I'm leaving it out of my final build for my game, for the time being.

@MongrealWulkin,

Oh, thanks I have downloaded this but not tested it yet (actually I have a other addon pack, the one who add the 3x1 and 4x4 parts (Tanks maybe ? I don't remember)). It's the same pack or does this one add more parts ? And it is functionnal (I mean, if I build a rover with thoses parts, using the others LLL parts, the thing will keep together or break appart ?) ?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm referring to the static ring made out of 20+ mk1 hull parts, went back and grabbed to older model, but the spacing is all off. Holes every where. Only part that is a mash up of many smaller parts that seems to be broken. I'll look into the animation module, but I honestly don't know quite what I'm doing with that one. Tweakscale seems to work with most of the new parts, so that's good, and I plan on sitting down later this week and rewrite the .cfg files that aren't formatted properly. (I'll hopefully post some images of my large carriers and cruisers once I start to put them together.

Played around with your ion cannon and I think I might have an idea of how to make it work. I was thinking of taking BD's gua-8 and editing it to fire lasers, and then wrap your ion cannon mesh around that. Should keep it firing straight forward. Going to make laser variants of your turrets, but as some one else pointed out earlier, the large single barreled one fires two shots instead of one, still, it'll be fun. Now if only I could change the laser color.

The radial docking part is kind of funny to watch blow up my ship. I can get to light speeds with it, or even throw Kerbin out of orbit :D . I noticed that it seems to flip 180 once it is launched which is probably why it's being so self destructive. I'm leaving it out of my final build for my game, for the time being.

It's probably in need of some re-scaling. Try switching it to the new Mk1 fues and possibly using a 1.25 re-scale if there's still holes.

Let me know how it works.

@MongrealWulkin,

It's the next version of LLL (+Extra); it just wasn't quite finished, but probably mostly works.

It's probably in need of some re-scaling. Try switching it to the new Mk1 fues and possibly using a 1.25 re-scale if there's still holes.

Let me know how it works.

@MongrealWulkin,

It's the next version of LLL (+Extra); it just wasn't quite finished, but probably mostly works.

I'll give it a try, been pretty busy as of late, but it is fun trying to fix these parts. Loving the tweekscale modules, but I did notice that some of the parts go missing when I use it. :( of course the tweek scale does replace the need for some of those parts. :)

I'll give it a try, been pretty busy as of late, but it is fun trying to fix these parts. Loving the tweekscale modules, but I did notice that some of the parts go missing when I use it. :( of course the tweek scale does replace the need for some of those parts. :)

Heh, always the way; I haven't been home except to sleep this week. Yeah, the idea was for a modular insall. So the 'dependencies' aren't so necessary; that way the parts that require it or are rendered obsolete (in the case of tweakscale) will appear or disappear based on the presence of the dependency mods. Also helps to cut down the parts (since there are far too many really) without knackering people's saves.

That's all dealt with in GameData/ LLL_Scale.cfg and LLL_PartDisabler.cfg

The tweakscale dependent things should all be in _Scale, _PartDisabler is mainly Firespitter and old parts.

here's what I have for my Kerbal Interstellar Konflict series I'm building up. Almost all of this is your parts done with 4x2 size, (though I'm using my own engine and reactor configuration.)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

the crashed one was me not turning on the reactor to power the engines (my engines require that.) and it being to heavy for the launchpad unsupported. :P So farthings work great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.