LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Here's a DL for the KSC that I was messing around with,

http://imgur.com/a/OVGaT

LacksKerbalSpaceCentre++.zip

Requires an up to date version of Kerbtown

I only really made it for personal use, so it's a bit on the unpolished side. But I figured people would have some fun with it. Might be laggy on lower end computers, but I haven't had any problems and this computers about 6 years old now.

Words cannot describe how awesome this is.

Thanks everyone.

I've also been messing around with a few off-world base parts,

Javascript is disabled. View full album

@AlphaAsh,

Nice, I may knock up a fairly simple air-strip at some point. Would quite like to have a little dirt-strip one as well.

@somnambulist,

Thanks, that'll be fixed in the next release. Still having a few problems with mesh-colliders for the new An-225 parts and one or two other things, but I'd like to get it released sometime this week; before real-life work gets more hectic.

Thanks everyone.

I've also been messing around with a few off-world base parts,

@AlphaAsh,

Nice, I may knock up a fairly simple air-strip at some point. Would quite like to have a little dirt-strip one as well.

Looks very Starship Troopers. Lurvly :)

A long airstrip would be great. I found a short runway one but had to stick two together which results in a tiny bump, meaning if you land in the wrong direction... boom. CrashFlyingAcademy, that was it.

Hey Lack, just wondering, when is the next release of SXT? Not trying to pressure you or anything (or some lovely screenshots of what you're putting in would be nice :D) I must say you have one of the best, if not the best, stock-like mods out there :)

Also, people on #kspmodders wants to see you there...or as Greys puts it:

<Greys> also, ask him to stop by, we'd love to have KSP's most prolific unreleased mod added to our guestbook of KSP's various most prolifics

It would be nice if more people made buildings/places for K-town. These are awesome Lack and AlphaAsh.

I'm tempted to release something but I'd rather wait on more parts for KerbTown use. It's a shame none of the KerbCity assets have been released.

Ok, so I have been working on a few things for a while now and I have gotten Lack's permission to post what I have for you guys to work with and break. This zip file HERE contains the standard size tanks 1x1, 2x1, dual 2x1, 2x1 expanded, twin spherical 1x1, 3x1, and 4x1. I have also added code for textural swaps for most all of these tanks, There is a bug here in the dual2x1 the bottom texture is not switching, this part needs to be rerendered to solve this problem, and lack is under the gun at work so it may be a while till its fixed. I built a few more colors to play with as well. Please feel free to add more or change things around and show us what I have not thought of in this respect. Most of these changes require one or more mods to function. Firespitter is required for the textual swap, ModularTanks is required for the standard tanks to swap there contents, I have included files for adding the resources for KSPI, Extraplanetary Launchpads, and TACLS. This also has the cfgs for several other mods, including CLS, DRE, and Scaling. I have also added electric charge to modular tanks with the cfg for it. Please feel free to mess around with all of these, and let me know if you find any errors. You will find also that the scaling cfg's take out all the larger scaled items from the career mode track. The parts are still there, but are no longer needed because all the standard sizes can now be enlarged to the larger sizes and beyond (i.e. 2x1 -> 1x0.5, 4x2, 8x4, 16x8) This also breaks the 4x1 nuke engine, but I am going to fix that here in a few minutes.

There is currently a problem with the current version of MFT, they are working on it but it breaks the ability to change the tanktypes file. If you have the new version of MFT and need the older version let me know and I can give you a link to my dll for MFT so you can play with these.

Enjoy.

Also, sorry for the lack of formatting I have my son wanting to play skylanders with me and I am trying to post this as quick as possible. I will edit this post when I fix the nuke engine part.

Hm. Every time I see that there's a new post, I get my hopes up that there will finally be some new cargo bays...

But, anyway, good to see that Lack and MrWizerd are still working on things. :) Hopefully someday my wishes will be granted.

Later. :D

Hm. Every time I see that there's a new post, I get my hopes up that there will finally be some new cargo bays...

But, anyway, good to see that Lack and MrWizerd are still working on things. :) Hopefully someday my wishes will be granted.

Later. :D

I am being lazy, well and kind of busy so I am not searching out your previous posts what cargo bays do you want?

I belive I have the 4x1nucleareng fixed. by the by

edit, NM I found your post, yeah that's going to have to be a lack thing, I am not good enough with the modeling software yet to create advanced parts like that. Sorry :( I am trying to learn but it's a steep learning curve.

Edited by MrWizerd

Since I was using your space center, I figured I ought to use your parts :) Here is a dropship I made with LLL, along with some other mods.

http://imgur.com/a/Me3Wm

I used IR for the VTOL engines. It works really well.

Thats funny I was working on something setup just like that.

Are you perchance willing to share the craft file, I cant see how you did the vtol engine swivels

Edited by MrWizerd

Ok, so I have been working on a few things for a while now and I have gotten Lack's permission to post what I have for you guys to work with and break. This zip file HERE contains the standard size tanks 1x1, 2x1, dual 2x1, 2x1 expanded, twin spherical 1x1, 3x1, and 4x1. I have also added code for textural swaps for most all of these tanks, There is a bug here in the dual2x1 the bottom texture is not switching, this part needs to be rerendered to solve this problem, and lack is under the gun at work so it may be a while till its fixed. I built a few more colors to play with as well. Please feel free to add more or change things around and show us what I have not thought of in this respect. Most of these changes require one or more mods to function. Firespitter is required for the textual swap, ModularTanks is required for the standard tanks to swap there contents, I have included files for adding the resources for KSPI, Extraplanetary Launchpads, and TACLS. This also has the cfgs for several other mods, including CLS, DRE, and Scaling. I have also added electric charge to modular tanks with the cfg for it. Please feel free to mess around with all of these, and let me know if you find any errors. You will find also that the scaling cfg's take out all the larger scaled items from the career mode track. The parts are still there, but are no longer needed because all the standard sizes can now be enlarged to the larger sizes and beyond (i.e. 2x1 -> 1x0.5, 4x2, 8x4, 16x8) This also breaks the 4x1 nuke engine, but I am going to fix that here in a few minutes.

There is currently a problem with the current version of MFT, they are working on it but it breaks the ability to change the tanktypes file. If you have the new version of MFT and need the older version let me know and I can give you a link to my dll for MFT so you can play with these.

Enjoy.

Also, sorry for the lack of formatting I have my son wanting to play skylanders with me and I am trying to post this as quick as possible. I will edit this post when I fix the nuke engine part.

Just a heads up - as is, TweakScale's download/directory also includes the LLL configs, with which the ones you bundle in your zip conflict mightily - maybe you are just throwing them in there for now, though, but thought it might be worth pointing out if the cfgs will be bundled in the future too. It would be nice but not particularly important too to delete a bunch of superfluous LLL parts (or hide them from the part list maybe?) if you were thinking of making TweakScale a required piece - or not, if not.

Also, don't know why, but the LLL kethane tanks are broken (zero mass, zero contents) as is with those configs. Is this the bug you're talking about with MFT?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, helps to have kethane installed for kethane-based tanks to work, I'm guessing (was playing around with clean install + this).

I really like the idea of standard tanks and swapping fuel/resource types, though, and I like that you made it possible to swap colors - is there any way to make this quickly accessible via right-click menu? Or is that something MFT would have to implement? Sorry, don't know how a lot of this stuff works. E.g. right click menu includes "switch tank type" to cycle through things like LFO mix, all fuel, all oxidizer, all xenon, whatever...

I also noticed that there are two parts with identical names: LLLCirc2b2f, both the FuelTank/2-50m/HeatTile/Circ25FuelTankHT and HeatTile/Circ25Fuel are named this.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.