[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

As far as I am aware, what does not work in KSP right now is the tech stuff, and some of the MODEL calls might be bugged. Based on what has been said in Dev Notes, that situation is likely to become worse with .25.

It sounds like there are three choices:

1. Let KOSMOS die entirely

2. Allow community fixes to be merged in, while retaining a no-derivatives license

3. Allow derivates, such that it can be fixed in perpetuity without an original author around to merge fixes in.

With the parts from your pack that I use, I have not had any issues that I have noticed. I use MM file that NoMrBond has linked, which fixes stuff like TechTree, VAB exploding parts, ect.

As for this being RIP, I sure a heck hope not. This is one of my favorite packs, be it the fuel tanks, engines or the solar panels, they are always a must have for my installs. Personally, I would like to see the station parts have an option (FS texture switcher) to have a more stock-like appearance to them to closer match other parts packs I like to use. Otherwise, no complaints.

I'm wanting to tackle KOSMOS for RealismOverhaul. Any corrections needed to allow things to work (minus bugged plugins) I'll do my best. The things I know of is multiple parts with the same part name. Big problem. Easily corrected. I haven't dove into the whole thing yet.

NK is right. Either let this die and close the thread, update it, or allow others to update it.

The things I know of is multiple parts with the same part name.

Can you remember (or list) which parts? Can't remember if I fixed this locally already.

[Edit] I'm guessing URM interstage fairings actually because PartCatalog threw an [ERR] error instead of putting them with the other KOSMOS parts.

[Edit2] Yes. Also fixed. However this may break any craft using affected URM interstage parts because of the required changes to the "name =" config argument.

Please let me know of any other effected parts or outstanding issues.

---------------

I have a 4.7.1 INDEV build which I can put up which has all the fixes rolled in, although entryCost and cost attributes for Structural and Utility category parts are still placeholder values (sorry I just haven't had time to work these out).

Again, if there are any other changes or outstanding issues let me know now (either here or via PM) so I can roll them in

Unless there are further major part changes (mass/cost/science etc) in 0.25 (assuming it's launch this Saturday as heavily inferred by Squadcast + all day afterparty content) I'll try and incorporate any further 0.25 changes and finish the Structural and Utility pricing for a 4.7.1 release.

Edited by NoMrBond

@NoMrBond: What I have in a little file for me to remind myself what to do...

KOSMOS/Parts/FuelTank/URM_1.25M :

File:

part_URM_1_25_Cowling_NA_3J.cfg

Change "name = part_URM_1_25_Cowling_NA_2J" to "name = part_URM_1_25_Cowling_NA_3J"

part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA_1E.cfg

change "name = part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA" to "name = part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA_1E"

part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA_2E.cfg

change "name = part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA" to "name = part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA_2E"

part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA_3E.cfg

change "name = part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA" to "name = part_URM_1_25_InterStage_NA_3E"

I honestly don't give a darn if it breaks craft, craft can be rebuilt. Having multiple duplicate part names is just plain bad and needs fixed, regardless of the consequences.

I honestly don't give a darn if it breaks craft, craft can be rebuilt. Having multiple duplicate part names is just plain bad and needs fixed, regardless of the consequences.

This is already done/fixed on my local INDEV copy as stated above, I haven't copied those changes back to the main repository though so I need to remember to do that when I get home.

There's a few modders out there that do fantastic IVAs. I bet that if you partner with them, they'd jump at the chance to work on this. Kosmos is an iconic pack here, and I'm sure that if you give the community the chance, they'll go out of their way to save it. It happened with B9, after all.

yeah.. the problem with stuff is.. I really really hate interiors.... they are so freaking pointless.

Actually, there are some RasterPropMonitor-based IVAs that are incredibly well done and highly immersive. To the point you can fly an entire mission solely in IVA. The ASET pod and FASA's Gemini are the prime examples. But then, I'm talking about "immersive" IVAs when I'm sitting here in my comfy chair with a rum and coke, and a happy old cat snoring softly next to my keyboard. Feel free to disregard me at any point. :D

NoMrBond, I'd be very happy if you'd upload that INDEV copy. Oh, and CBBP, maybe you could post the INDEV release to the front page and update the title to reflect that?

Anyway, if you're interested in making something again, can I suggest a PROTON-like launch vehicle, all in the KOSMOS style (which I still think is one of the best on these forums) of course? Kinda like how your ANGARA part colours look nothing like the real ANGARA, but are freaking awesome anyway.

NoMrBond, I'd be very happy if you'd upload that INDEV copy. Oh, and CBBP, maybe you could post the INDEV release to the front page and update the title to reflect that?

Anyway, if you're interested in making something again, can I suggest a PROTON-like launch vehicle, all in the KOSMOS style (which I still think is one of the best on these forums) of course? Kinda like how your ANGARA part colours look nothing like the real ANGARA, but are freaking awesome anyway.

oh?m you liked the orange, gray and white?

I never see many people using them is all.

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor