Rareden's Projects

Rareden

Yes I've been making "heat shields" out of structural panels, and not only does it look weird, but they'Re hard to make and use a lot of parts, so yeah this seems awesome :D Although 6.4m wouldn't fit on the launch stages, maybe make it 2.5m/3.75m? :)

Yes I've been making "heat shields" out of structural panels, and not only does it look weird, but they'Re hard to make and use a lot of parts, so yeah this seems awesome :D Although 6.4m wouldn't fit on the launch stages, maybe make it 2.5m/3.75m? :)

i designed this to be used with deadly reentry mod, it will work without the mod just fine, but in vanilla ksp there isnt reentry heat, i haven't made smaller versions yet, am working on a issue that you get with large landers or ships that are long, they tend to flip backwards and the heat shield just becomes a parachute and keeps you from correcting so you burn up.

Download link here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/38248-Heat-shields

Edited by Rareden

Could you perhaps do one of the Mun Arch sometime? 8D

sometime probably

also is this what people more pictured kerbals being, sort of the pixar rending style skin.

AwTntLf.jpg

Edited by Rareden

I think it has a little bit to much hair for a Kerbal.

depends, i was thinking of doing the kerbalizer type thing squad has on the main page, so would be able to customize hair length and such to what people want.

*cough*

g4ofM.jpg

exactly what i had in mind

@stupid chris your name seems to describe you well (sorry) I meant the standart Kerbals. What you are showing me are the developers.

@Rareden i meant the ingame Kerbals

Wow try keeping it polite. There's only one model for Kerbals in the game, and more are being introduced in the next update, I wouldn't be surprised if they have longer hair or something. And it's the Kerbal equivalent of the devs, so they're still Kerbals you know. And anyway you didn't say "the ingame Kerbals" in your original post, so you can't really come back at me for going with what information you gave.

@stupid chris your name seems to describe you well (sorry) I meant the standart Kerbals. What you are showing me are the developers.

@Rareden i meant the ingame Kerbals

then yes probably, they would have much shorter hair kind of like military style hairdo but not stubble

Wow try keeping it polite. There's only one model for Kerbals in the game, and more are being introduced in the next update, I wouldn't be surprised if they have longer hair or something. And it's the Kerbal equivalent of the devs, so they're still Kerbals you know. And anyway you didn't say "the ingame Kerbals" in your original post, so you can't really come back at me for going with what information you gave.
Sorry i just had to do this :D And what are you talking about additional Kerbal models in the next update? I would like to see where you got your information.

Right here!

Made some new kinds of Kerbal, one of them is the kerbal recruit that will be used in Romfarer’s UI (will do a web blog post eventually, probably after 0.21 with more details). Making one big animation containing all the Kerbal Shorts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.