[0.22] B9 Aerospace Pack / R4.0c / New pods, IVAs, engines, fuselages & structures

bac9

Awesome! Really makes me wish I didn't suck at making planes. :P

I built a ton of awful ones to get to where I am now. :) Having F.A.R. helps -- you can assign what you want the control surfaces to react to, so the back controls only alter pitch, the wing ones only alter roll, and the tail fin only alters yaw. Knowing where to place the center of lift was also enormously helpful.

I am having a lot of trouble using your prebuilt ships. The ships will show up under the load tab, but when I click on them, It gives me a list of all the parts in your pack listed, saying that I don’t have them. However, a lll of the parts show up in my parts list when I free build. Help! Please!

Awesome mod by the way! Question: Is there going to be a IVA view for the Mk5 cockpit? All I get is that oval IVA view.

It's meant to use the same IVA as the stock MKIII cockpit. You could, however, install this mod: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/mk3-cockpit-internals/

It adds an actual internal to the MKIII pod, BUT as it's not updated for 0.22, you can not just override the stock MKIII config, as this will remove the science features. You'll have to install the internal like normal, and then edit the part .cfg of the MKIII cockpit and the B9 MK5 cockpit.

INTERNAL
{
name = GenericSpace3
}

to this:

INTERNAL
{
name = GenericSpace3TTUPGRADE
}

I am having a lot of trouble using your prebuilt ships. The ships will show up under the load tab, but when I click on them, It gives me a list of all the parts in your pack listed, saying that I don’t have them. However, a lll of the parts show up in my parts list when I free build. Help!

I am having a lot of trouble using your prebuilt ships. The ships will show up under the load tab, but when I click on them, It gives me a list of all the parts in your pack listed, saying that I don’t have them. However, a lll of the parts show up in my parts list when I free build. Help! Please!

I am having a lot of trouble using your prebuilt ships. The ships will show up under the load tab, but when I click on them, It gives me a list of all the parts in your pack listed, saying that I don’t have them. However, a lll of the parts show up in my parts list when I free build. Help! Please! I really want to use this mod. Is there a chance that all the parts didn't download?

I am having a lot of trouble using your prebuilt ships. The ships will show up under the load tab, but when I click on them, It gives me a list of all the parts in your pack listed, saying that I don’t have them. However, a lll of the parts show up in my parts list when I free build. Help! Please! I really want to use this mod. Is there a chance that all the parts didn't download?

first: download and install the mod again - sometomes the kerbal space port goes full derp.

second: posting once is enough mostly...

It would probably be a good idea for the documentation to mention that the only MK4 and 3.75m parts included are adapters, and that if you want anything to attach to the MK4 and 3.75m ends, you'll have to install other mods (e.g. SpaceJunk Cargo Bay) that might not have been updated for the latest version yet.

Is Bac9 going to implement RasterPropMonitor props to his IVAs? They are currently out of order, but look amazing/ Implementation of the functionality to IVAs monitors will be......the best update ever) What do you think about it?

Who made the Exsurgent Engineering plugin? I've got a gimbal-related request I don't know where to direct. Basically, I'd like to be able to somehow tell the gimbal that the engine is supposed to have two independently gimballed chambers. Certain engines (most notably 1st stage on FASA's Titan II) could have an added benefit of providing roll control even when there's only a single one. I'm planning to use Exsurgent Engineering extensively for my Realism Pack for RSS, so this would come in really handy.

Hey awesome pack, I am so happy to see it work with the science tree now : )

Suggestion though: could you perhaps move the fuel carrying parts to the propulsion tab in the next build, and the Kerbal carrying parts to the utility tab? Even with plugins to sort parts installed I have trouble finding the section that carries fuel instead of kerbals when each part has 3-4 identical variants with different functionality. If they were divided up into the proper tabs I think finding the particular part with the right functionality would be a lot easier.

Keep up the great work : )

I've installed this mod (presumably) properly, and when the game finishes loading all the files, it crashes. I have several other mods installed as well, is there a known incompatibility list? I dragged the GameData folder over to the Kerbal Space Program folder and merged it with the already existing GameData folder, and did the same with the Ships. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it already, this mod is definitely what's causing the crash.

I've installed this mod (presumably) properly, and when the game finishes loading all the files, it crashes. I have several other mods installed as well, is there a known incompatibility list? I dragged the GameData folder over to the Kerbal Space Program folder and merged it with the already existing GameData folder, and did the same with the Ships. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it already, this mod is definitely what's causing the crash.

Yeah, I get this too.

Set your texture resolution to "half" and try again. I've found most of my KSP crashes come from exceeding 3.4GB of memory usage, and most of that is textures.

Good news is I did that, and it doesn't crash on me. I can load the game. Bad news is that none of the parts show up. I can see in the loading screen it's loading B9 files, but they're not in-game. I even made a new game, but to no avail. Any ideas?

Everything just looks amazing :D

One thing though, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area but when I try to make things like shuttles with cargo bay doors I can't seem to close them or toggle the wheel bays, does the pack come with a plugin because my download is always corrupted so I have to repair the archives a lot.

The landing gear appears to be nonworking. In fact, none of the moving parts work. The MK5 Cockpit also has the IVA of the stock Mk3. Am I missing something?

Ohhhh, do I need to use that menu thingy? The Info Drive, right? No? I'm pretty sure I installed this properly. Move B9_Aerospace into GameData, right?

EDIT: I have it uninstalled for now because I don't need it at the moment (no offense, it's an amazing mod), but why did this happen?

Also, 3000th post! W00t, I guess.

Edited by SuperWeegee4000