What are some must-have mods you came across?

Stealth2668

I use:

Mechjeb (mandatory)

Airbags

Aviation lights

ISA mapsat (Awesome)

Empty fuel tanks (extremely useful)

Hullcam

Weights (great for testing and balancing)

H.O.M.E.

KSPX parts expansion

Basekit inflatable module (love this one)

Chatterer

Haystack (mandatory)

Nova Punch

Romfarer Sunbeam, Lazor cam, Lazor guided weapons (so much fun), Lazor system (great mod)

Crew manifest (love it)

Engineer redux (mainly 'cause it shows TWR data of other celestial bodies)

Part searcher (useful)

I'm using both of those. Also, Haystack (never again end up screaming, "BUT I'M CLICKING ON THE SPACE STATION, NOT THE DEBRIS! STUPID COMPUTER!" and Subassembly Loader (which would be much more useful if it didn't mess up fuel lines and struts);

Yeah, I keep telling people about Haystack because it is such a perfect fix for the silly selection process in orbit. I think I have yelled at the game a lot due to this mind boggling glitch with orbit selection. You can click on a target and select something on the other side of the planet but if you double click it it switches to the target you selected so it KNOWS what you clicked on... It's quite obvious it is a bug but one that hasn't been touched on as everyone seems to think it's working right.... yeah... right.....

One mod that I haven't seen listed here is Editor Tools (or EdTools). Works great for things such as mirroring as it lets you do stuff that you could only do in the SPH or the VAB and lets you do it in either of them. So you want wings on your rocket... no problem switch to SPH mirror mode and it works perfectly.

Must have: Haystack, Subassembly loader, Protractor.

They make things so much easier, and some form of them IMO should be eventually added to the game.

Helps a lot: MechJeb, Tac Fuel Balancer, Quantum Struts, Quantum fuel transfer, Kethane, KAS, ISA MapSat, Airships.

I don't consider them "must have," but they add a level of depth to the game that wouldn't really be there otherwise. The base game is great, but it can rapidly become "okay, I know how to get anywhere, now what?"

Other things I use: Aviation lights, HOME, Firespitter parts.

Extra parts for some extra possibilities. Aviation lights are great for aircraft, HOME allows me to construct a more permanent base on other planets, firespitter parts - well, I actually got them so I could make airships that just use electricity.

I've tried RemoteTech, but found that I spent more time trying to maintain my satellite communications rather than enjoying other parts of the game. Eventually, I removed it.

All I use right now is Kerbal Flight Engineer, Protractor and Sub-assembly loader/saver. I would probably go insane without the last one, one can only build the same base rocket so many times. Flight engineer really helped me understand the game, I'm still pretty new but my designs and launches improved a great deal with the extra information it makes available.

MechJeb will happen for sure, but not until I master the stuff I want to automate.

I don't use any mods except for Chatterer, just to add realism. But, If you want your game to be fun, install these.

- MechJeb 2.0

- ISA Mapsat

- CrewManifest

- Kerbal Alarm Clock (VERY HELPFUL)

- Empty Fuel Tanks (Also quite helpful)

- DRAkTEC Asteroids

- H.O.M.E.S.

That's really all I can think of, but Kethane is pure awesomeness. Download Kethane. At least until .20.

Edited by XxDaSTaRXx
My grammer is terrible. :T

KW rocketry, because sometimes rockomax parts just aren't enough

Mechjeb, because it can fly the parts you don't want to (personally i've had enough guiding rockets into orbit).

Impossible Innovations is cool, but definitely not legit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.