Rubber Band Inc: Caterpillar tracks.

electronicfox

Well, i do hope there will be a (very) long version available when you release the treads.

In the current plan there wont be any (very) long sets, but there will be some longer than those shown in recent images/videos, some designed for small rovers, some for larger machines and more.

In the current plan there wont be any (very) long sets, but there will be some longer than those shown in recent images/videos, some designed for small rovers, some for larger machines and more.

I don't know what you call a long set but I call the "proof of concept" already a long set. If that's included i will be very happy indeed.

I usually don't work with the "standard" set of carts or vehicles. I tend to use vehicles which i design myself (ten to twelve meters long). Unfortunately i don't have an image available at this moment.

The carrying capacity of the "proof of concept" (240 KMU) is more than twice as much as i need.

I don't know what you call a long set but I call the "proof of concept" already a long set. If that's included i will be very happy indeed.

I usually don't work with the "standard" set of carts or vehicles. I tend to use vehicles which i design myself (ten to twelve meters long). Unfortunately i don't have an image available at this moment.

The carrying capacity of the "proof of concept" (240 KMU) is more than twice as much as i need.

If thats what you mean by a long set, then yes, I will be making a set based on the scale of the proof-of-concept piece. There will be more tracks after the initial release pack too, I just want to see the reactions and possible bugs that may ensue before making more.

Can you test them with bobcat seat and damned robotics ;) ?

Sure, although I'm mainly interested in testing mods that manipulate rover wheels/controls directly rather than independent parts as there shouldn't be any problem with those.

A picture of one of the vehicles on mun and minmus.

I don't recognise the wheels, but assuming they're similar in size to Touhou's then here's a size comparison to the prototype:

fT79C2vl.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.