Rubber Band Inc: Caterpillar tracks.

electronicfox

Hmmm... Might you try them out with hooligans squid system? Had an idea that could use that system to pull the set downards at lower gravity places , therefore making it easier to drive+ you could applly this force against mountain and in idea drive vertical with the combo of threads+ squid system;) cheers

Well, other then the fact that the b9 tank turns way to fast for its size. SWEET!

10 seconds to do a 180° turn? I'm not familiar with the weight and size of the B9 parts but it doesn't seem beyond the realm of possibility.

In real life a lot of those sort of things are slow to prevent accidents or increase efficiency rather than being due to physical limitations. Different track parts will have different turn rates though, so you can pick the one that suits the task.

It would be interesting to have a pair of tracks that run on some sort of fuel (liquid fuel) almost like real life not just electricity but thats just an idea and it would be cool to have track shaped like tracks.jpg just another idea

Not sure if there are any big fans of World Of Tanks around here, but there is a load of tanks with awesome track designs on there. Reading this thread made me think of it.

You also might be able to extract some models from that game for reference too or totally import them into this game. I don't have a modeling program, but I did manage to open the folders containing the DDS and Model Files.

C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages

any of the vehicle packages in this folder can be opened with WinZip, not sure with WinRar.

If anybody wanted to tinker around with it I'm sure they could then extract the necessary files to import to a modeling program.

Anyway enough of my ramblings, looking forward to seeing some major track addons in the future.

I've never been a fan of re-using someone elses models in my own projects, and (excluding the first design, which was a bit experimental) the designs I have planned for release are all inspired by existing designs. The tracks in the latest video were heavily inspired by warhammer tracks and smaller rubber tracks.

By modular tracks would you mean a set of modular structural pieces to go with the tracks? I'm not sure how the tracks themselves could work in the same fashion.

Good point.

Perhaps some dual tracks, like on the Obyekt 279 ( Object 279)

4325580463_4184d9c621.jpg

tracks.jpg

WALL-E tracks?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.