Alien evidence on the Mun

coronetcor

If you are lucky, you will find during your journeys some arches, monoliths, monuments, strange pyramids etc. You can locate them "easily" on each planet with mods like ISA mapsat.

Little tip : you can use the in-game screenshot feature with F1 that will leave the rest of your desktop alone ;)

am I the only one who has this?

Is this proof of aliens?

any information would be helpful

there are many odd things to find, we all have them and they are in set places (not randomly placed). Not all planets have anomalies, Mun and Kerbin have a higher density of them. I don't know what they prove aside from that the devs are cool and have a sense of humour.

If you are lucky, you will find during your journeys some arches, monoliths, monuments, strange pyramids etc. You can locate them "easily" on each planet with mods like ISA mapsat.

While I quite agree the ISA mapsat mod is great and it makes you feel like you're doing real exploration; making maps of things as you go. BUT I'd hold off using it to start with. I made a couple discoveries by accident like the OP has, and coming across these things by chance kinda adds to the wonderment.

While I quite agree the ISA mapsat mod is great and it makes you feel like you're doing real exploration; making maps of things as you go. BUT I'd hold off using it to start with. I made a couple discoveries by accident like the OP has, and coming across these things by chance kinda adds to the wonderment.

I agree. I use ISA just because I'd like to have a high res elevation map of Duna, but I didn't manage to get a good orbit yet. Mapping is fun anyway.

I was just pointing this out because if one wants to aim for all the anomalies and collect screenshots (and flags in a near future I hope), it will become mandatory at a point.

A popular spot to build bases! Good job spotting it.

oau6g5.jpg

This, the one on the equator is also right on the edge of a huge Munar mare so it's excellent location for a base to study both the highlands and the mares.

They aren't artificially built structures. You can find similar natural structures on earth.

Also there are no aliens in the game, and there won't be any.

You, Sir, are completely wrong or your definition of "aliens" differs completely from mine.

Guest Brody_Peffley

Don't forget hes on the demo. Theres not as many parts and theres no planets except for only the mun. But good find! The first time I went there I spotted a glowing line on the mun. Decided to do a low fly by and hit my tanks and left my capsule flying into space forever.

They aren't artificially built structures. You can find similar natural structures on earth.

Yes, but when you do, they are created by erosion.

There doesn't seem to be anything to cause erosion on that kind of scale on Mun. Perhaps micrometeorite "weathering" was more significant in the past, but I'd need additional evidence to accept something like that.

Yes, but when you do, they are created by erosion.

There doesn't seem to be anything to cause erosion on that kind of scale on Mun. Perhaps micrometeorite "weathering" was more significant in the past, but I'd need additional evidence to accept something like that.

Water on the mun!

Someone should try landing on the top of the arch... Numerous threads were of people flying under the arches but never seen a "I Landed On The Munar Arch"

I landed a Kerbal. Quite a pain already (I suck at flying kerbals), I can't imagine doing this with a rocket.

Someone should try landing on the top of the arch... Numerous threads were of people flying under the arches but never seen a "I Landed On The Munar Arch"

Challenge accepted:

1osl1c.jpg

Offloading the AMRV Mosquito

nxopw2.jpg

Pilot climbing down MOLAB

2z9gric.jpg

Lift off

2nkm69g.jpg

Approaching the peak

kbeq0p.jpg

Coming in for landing

2yuylb5.jpg

Successful landing

Also there are no aliens in the game, and there won't be any.

Something like this. There are no lifeforms in KSP other than the Kerbals and plant life on their homeworld, and Squad has made it clear that they probably will not change that at any time in the near future.

The arches seem to be natural formations, at least three of them are known to exist on the Mun along with other points of interest.

You'll also come across things like these in your explorations. No I will not tell you their coordinates, that takes all the fun out of it.

screenshot110_zps28297413.png

screenshot118_zps67d531e6.png

screenshot120_zps38fdf8a0.png

And the Mun isn't the only planet to have such easter eggs. Almost every body in the Kerbin system has at least one.

Happy exploring.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.