Show off your awesome KSP Pictures-Presented By Venku Rocketry International

venku122

How long should the next Screenshot montage be?  

1,783 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the next Screenshot montage be?

@duckunlimited: Awesome space station / whatever it is (escape rocket? colony boat? Whatever. it\'s awesome). I really like the architectural design. It\'s got that complex kinda lived-in je ne sais pas that I like so very much.

@gabyalufix: Thanks! If your talking about the one with the single radio dish, that is a two-meter satellite destined for interplanetary orbit. The rocket is an interplanetary shuttle designed to ferry Kerbals between two planets.

By the way, I love your miscellanea parts. I\'m definitely going to use them a lot!

New design for an extended mission Mun Rover:

screenshot259g.png

screenshot261o.png

screenshot265q.png

screenshot278.png

Compared to my old rover, this new one has 4 fuel tanks and as you can see, I barely used the first tank to move away enough that you can barely see the lander module. I will use this rover to explore the highest mountains of the Mun. Possibly, I will aim to drive from one side of a crater to the other side.

<Pics Ba-LEETED>

Compared to my old rover, this new one has 4 fuel tanks and as you can see, I barely used the first tank to move away enough that you can barely see the lander module. I will use this rover to explore the highest mountains of the Mun. Possibly, I will aim to drive from one side of a crater to the other side.

That\'s cool!

Query: why plug in one of the old gold-foiled tanks?

Love it!

Still a work in progress. i\'m building an ISS replica using kosmos and a few other packs. I currently use foamy\'s cheat insta-orbiter, since i\'m still in early orbital handling testing. But some of the pics look pretty dandy.

The design is based on the original 'complete' ISS that was initially planned, before it got heavily scaled back by budget cuts / the retirement of the shuttle.

PWPuU.jpg

5ILwN.png

OVmxs.jpg

tmlZG.png

HhdDt.jpg

An experiment in precision landing.

screenshot8.png

The small one is my MunLander 1, which got stranded on the Mun due to funky 0.14 experimental bugs. It gets loaded with legs retracted, and the RCS won\'t function anymore so it\'s not going anywhere. The legs, when deployed, send the craft into an uncontrollable spin. But that\'s what you get for messing with experimentals :)

Still, it was fun getting a more classical design to land next to the thing. Then I went back to the tracking station and back to the ship again, and the rocket spawned beneath the Mun surface. When I throttled up it went up a few meters and impacted the Mun surface from the wrong side, exploding in the process. There\'s definitely kinks to work out, but when they get fixed 0.14 is going to be the bomb - just being able to land two ships one next to another bring a huge amount to the table.

First confirmed and completed docking maneuver? No, the ships will not pull apart, I have to retract the landing gear to get back out.

1blEu.png

Shortly after reaching orbit.

aM9Pk.png

14ha1.png

Docking completed.

Edit: The docking fails as soon as you time warp though....

FZzUK.png

@flixxbeat: It actually did kinda break up. All the modules stayed attached, but there were odd, visible gaps in between the modules, and some of the horizontally-oriented modules were jaggedly attached. it looks like a floating point bug to me. About half the time the whole thing tore apart before I could hit spacebar. Sometimes, however, it held together, somehow. The kosmos pack has a standard breaking force / torque of 20000, so it holds together insanely well.

For example, here is another version, after I\'d done some orbital maneuvering. I very nearly tied it in a goddamned knot.

O4SCF.png

DVpUY.jpg

VILI3.png

Note: foamy\'s instant orbit no longer works with 0.14. I\'m not sure if I\'m glad or not.

J9Nf3.jpg

The mission Cynnydd 1 and Cynnydd 2 rendezvous high above Kerbin, bumping noses as a practice for when the engineers finally get a working docking system.

Cynnydd 1 was launched on a Uslock II ii rocket with crew Commander Halgel Kerman, Pilot Kenfred Kerman and Engineer Murmund Kerman.

Cynnydd 2 was launched on a Uslock II rocket with crew Commander Patbert Kerman, Pilot Nelrim Kerman and Engineer Alvey Kerman.