[It's finally here!] Apollo Replica "MUNBUG XII" Saturn V, CSM, Lander, Buggy

Ahh so this is the mun bug i stole the name of for a day :P

Did not realise the name was taken and had a craft up with the same name (slightly different)

Yup, this is the legend. First thread of the month, most talked about and I would bet downloaded build in the forums. There may be a lot of accurate stock replicas of Apollo out there right now, but Mulbin started it all with his thousand-part works of art and exquisite attention to detail. I know I picked my interest for reusing random stuff for beauty purposes from him!

Rune. Is there an archive of the old ones, BTW? That would have historical interest!

Rune. Is there an archive of the old ones, BTW? That would have historical interest!

Downloads for Munbugs 1-11 in the main post, near the bottom.

Total downloads of the munbug series from mediafire (not including spaceport downloads) 9998 and rising! Already 376 downloads just for Munbug XII

Total downloads of the munbug series from mediafire (not including spaceport downloads) 9998 and rising! Already 376 downloads just for Munbug XII

Sweet Mulbin!

Its you're work that inspired me to build better. You hear that? You're an inspiration!

I think the most DL I got was around 5000 for my LOTUS lander before Spaceport got taken down. RIP Spaceport.

What are you making next? *pulls out spy camera

Just to let you know, the download link for Munbug II does not work. I have them all except that one. It would be nice to complete the set.

Just to let you know, the download link for Munbug II does not work. I have them all except that one. It would be nice to complete the set.

Thanks for the heads up, the link is fixed now, there was a typo in the address.

Beautiful! Inspired me to make a stock Mercury Atlas (I'll post pics eventually).

Sorry if it's been asked already - what engine are you using on the CSM? It's very close to scale!

CSM is a clipped skipper.

Have a look at my stock Mercury Atlas on my project Moho page...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/40286-0-22-new-build-Mercury-Redstone-Atlas-and-Little-Joe-Project-Moho

lvs2.jpg

w901.jpg

Mulbin-

I was looking around the forums and saw your craft. I downloaded it, and I was hooked on your designs. I've downloaded some of your other works, and they are all beautiful. The part-count is sometimes insane (Munbug XI crashed my PC), but I love to fly your rockets. Thank you for all your hard work. BTW, I first saw your ships a year ago, and they persuaded me to buy KSP.

Hey Mulbin, with the lander I encountered a problem about stability. The lander would always tilt forwards. When the landing stage was decoupled for descent it was nearly unbearable. When the electric charge ran out the, there was no torque and the engine would provide more torque than the RCS could counter. To recover Jeb & Bill I had to enable infinite fuel as that supplies electricity. Other than that, well done! I know this is late but good luck with your new child!

• 2 weeks later...
Mulbin-

I was looking around the forums and saw your craft. I downloaded it, and I was hooked on your designs. I've downloaded some of your other works, and they are all beautiful. The part-count is sometimes insane (Munbug XI crashed my PC), but I love to fly your rockets. Thank you for all your hard work. BTW, I first saw your ships a year ago, and they persuaded me to buy KSP.

Thanks! Glad I inspired someont to try the game :)

Hey Mulbin, with the lander I encountered a problem about stability. The lander would always tilt forwards. When the landing stage was decoupled for descent it was nearly unbearable. When the electric charge ran out the, there was no torque and the engine would provide more torque than the RCS could counter. To recover Jeb & Bill I had to enable infinite fuel as that supplies electricity. Other than that, well done! I know this is late but good luck with your new child!

I'll take a look when I get the chance... might be a tank draining in the wrong order.

Hey Mulbin-

Great work on the ship. It looks beautiful. 2 quick things: 1. Any plans to add the ALSEP to the lander? 2. The rocket is a bit too heavy. When physics kicks in, the launchpad catches fire and explodes, the ship collapses, and I need to press abort. The rocket flies fine, though- if I lift off right away, the engines work perfectly. Thanks for the ship.

Hey Mulbin-

Great work on the ship. It looks beautiful. The rocket is a bit too heavy. When physics kicks in, the launchpad catches fire and explodes, the ship collapses, and I need to press abort. The rocket flies fine, though- if I lift off right away, the engines work perfectly. Thanks for the ship.

Having same issue, have killed Jeb and crew many times now hehe

Dman, WebFerret, Wanderer, you just need launch clamps for big craft like this.

Put four clamps in symmetry on the first stage but not on those engine pods, they won't take the strain, the clams can either release with the main engines or put them in a new stage immediately after :)

Dman, WebFerret, Wanderer, you just need launch clamps for big craft like this.

Put four clamps in symmetry on the first stage but not on those engine pods, they won't take the strain, the clams can either release with the main engines or put them in a new stage immediately after :)

Yep... or just turn off destroyable buildings... after all I assume you are using Munbug in sandbox, not career!

Need some help with this I have got it to mun orbit 3 times now but for the life of me I can't get the kerbals to transfer from the return vehicle to the lander, if I EVA them they don't have any packs or anything for movement so end up just getting lost space forever, IVA doesn't seem to do anything either :(

Is it at all pos to have a video guide from someone on how to do this properly from tack off to landing as each time I always seem to get something wrong :(

Thanks guys and fantastic rocket

Yep... or just turn off destroyable buildings... after all I assume you are using Munbug in sandbox, not career!

Yeah, the clamps worked. But it is fun to see Munbug take off in a fiery explosion! Try it sometime! :cool:

I've also had the same problem as TheGamingNoobster. My ascent stage for the lander likes to skip around on the ground and explode.;.;

• 2 weeks later...