1:1 Planets?

Daze

I've always hoped that one day when KSP eventually gets interplanetary travel and a procedurally generated galaxy that there would be a 1:1 copy of our solar system as an easter egg in some far off corner of the map.

I can complete your dream partially, if you didn't knew about this then you should be very happy.

http://en.spaceengine.org/forum/20-1546-1

...and the dV required to LEO is roughly equal to launching and going directly to escape velocity on Kerbin.

Because realism.

Also, please remove the timewarp because there's no such thing like that in real life. It'll make play times longer but hey, realism right? And it would be in-par with 1:1 scale planets!

Enjoy traveling to Jool real-time. You would be bored out of your mind.

Okay' date=' now you're just trolling the devs. You've been around long enough to know the reasons as given directly from HarvesteR yourself.

Bottom line, when faced with a choice between realism and fun, fun will always win. It's just not fun to wait hours for orbits. There's a host of other reasons as well, all stated by HarvesteR here on the forums and in live streams in the past. This is his universe and his laws of physics. These are fundamental things that will not change.

Now, for the rest of you, if you guys can't accept this and move on, I'll have to lock this topic as it's only going to devolve further.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

So why not make modding planets more accessible so those of us that do want it can have it? Forgive me if there's some technical reason as to why that can't be done, but it seems to make sense to open planets up to modding as much as possible.

Also you could easily add higher warp speeds. And physics isn't my strong point, but aren't orbital speeds also higher if the body is the same size of Earth? Like instead of just over 2km/s it's about 7km/s instead.

Edited by whatisthisidonteven

So why not make modding planets more accessible so those of us that do want it can have it? Forgive me if there's some technical reason as to why that can't be done, but it seems to make sense to open planets up to modding as much as possible.

That's a whole other thread.

sorry to go out of topic, but, what's better this or Universe Sandbox? or are they similar at all?

SpaceEngine is my favorite, 'Kurtjmac' on youtube if you know him (his hobby is astronomy) sais that SpaceEngine is by far the best one.

Instead of changing the size of the scale of the planets, why not change the scale of the measurements to fit? What was the scale? 1:11 from earth to kerbin?

Just times kebins' measurement displayed by 11 :D

Because things are adjusted to give an acceleration due to gravity on Kerbin that matches what we have on Earth. If you mess with the distance scale, you'll screw that up.

Because things are adjusted to give an acceleration due to gravity on Kerbin that matches what we have on Earth. If you mess with the distance scale, you'll screw that up.

If all you do is change the numbers on the dial, no physical constants will change.

If all you do is change the numbers on the dial, no physical constants will change.

...and you will have changed nothing about the actual sizes of the planets or how long it takes to orbit or move between them.

...and you will have changed nothing about the actual sizes of the planets or how long it takes to orbit or move between them.

Change the numbers on the dial for the mission clock. As said earlier on the thread, the planets can look more real-sized by adjusting the FOV (no idea how zzz managed it though)

Mhm it's real if you think about it, you can have 1:1 planets with only a change in actual measueres file, but the problem Is that your kerbals will be tall around 7.5mt lol

Modding planets in KSP as of now is REALLY time consuming and hard, trust me, i tried.

and Kerbals are bout only 20-30% percent the size of humans, so it's completely useless to make it 1:1

kerbal_spacecraft_scale.png

I think that graphic is out of date. The Mk1-2 Pod is a 2.5m pod that fits 3 kerbals. The 1.25m pod is a one-seater. No doubt the problems associated with fitting 3 kerbals in a 1m pod is why the old Mk1 was retired when the parts were redesigned.

So they're still a bit shorter than Humans, but not comically smaller like that pic.

Modding planets in KSP as of now is REALLY time consuming and hard, trust me, i tried.

As of now being the key in there. whatisthisidonteven is suggesting making it less time consuming and hard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.