[WIP Plugin] Extraplanetary Space Centers!

skykooler

wait why stop there... (and I am actually being serious here)...

1) Mine Kethane

Convert Kethane (into Iron, or what ever he ends up calling it) (should be doable by a modification to the kethane Converter module .cfg file)

2) "Launch" a ship that is built from the Iron, that includes a "Spare Parts module"

Fly ship up to orbit and dock with an Orbital Construction platform...

Repeat (1 and 2) until enough tons of spare parts are in orbit....

3) "Launch" a ship with the Space built id, then 'hop' it to the Orbital Constuction platform....

4) Profit! (ie: fly away in your totally alien sourced craft!)

Better would be to just have the ore as a mine-able substance. As it stands now it goes Ore -> Metal -> Rocket Parts with a rocket requiring both metal and rocket parts to build. Then we could use something like the KASPAR standardized cargo rigs that are being developed (separate mod) to ferry metal up to a space dock. That makes much more sense and flows a lot better.

Repost of ideas lost in old thread:

- A shipyard variant for launching boats.

- A single use version for erecting fixed-in-place buildings (launchpad is a foundation).

- Roll-on-roll-off version for launching land vehicles and space planes.

You're back! How did I miss this!

Good to hear from you.

*Takes Mun Prograde City's plans of down from the dusty shelf*

It looks like it was close to completion before, it will be great.

I'm quite happy to have to go to the base to launch the ship. That way, I will be visiting the base, the and guys who are actually doing the construction work.

If I remember correctly, you were making it so you'd have to have kerbals there if you wanted to put them in the ship?

This design looks like could be a very useful variant:

szKaH6L.gif

Will you share it when the mod is ready?

Edited by Tw1

Please , Beta download, Your mod is finish for me ^^.

(I am french, i have not good language english et no-use google traduction)

This mod already but in the space, not in the planets. Or, i want build in the Mum. Please Link download! Please!!

You're back! How did I miss this!

Good to hear from you.

*Takes Mun Prograde City's plans of down from the dusty shelf*

It looks like it was close to completion before, it will be great.

I'm quite happy to have to go to the base to launch the ship. That way, I will be visiting the base, the and guys who are actually doing the construction work.

If I remember correctly, you were making it so you'd have to have kerbals there if you wanted to put them in the ship?

This design looks like could be a very useful variant:

szKaH6L.gif

Will you share it when the mod is ready?

thats the plan, so long as skykooler is alright with it

totally awesome.

i like the premise of mining ore, converting to metal and then using that as a means to build rockets. but then where does the fuel come from? i kinda think that you should spawn an empty ship on the pad, but allow the pad to refuel the ship. wouldnt mind the pad being modular in that you would also need to build up a larger installation of buildings to support launches. things like a fuel dump/refinery. mining complexes, expandable metal storage (want to launch bigger things, add on to the base). so pretty much take kethane and supercharge it.

my biggest problem with kethane is you couldn't really mod it to include detecting/mining/conversion support for other resources besides kethane. i mean you could make a converter to convert kethane into about anything. but id like to see that mod expanded to mine other resources. would be better if the scanner revealed different color pixels, green for kethane, grey for iron, orange for titanium, yellow for hydrocarbons, blue for water, etc. then every planet and moon would have different resource distribution. some places would have lots of iron but very little fuel, some places would have lots of water but little iron. miners could be set up to mine a specific resource, and converters could be set up to convert anything into anything else, possibly with some mod-defined conversion logic (like iron+carbon -> converter -> steel). id love the kethane mod to work on a larger (and moddable) stack of resources.

that wold be nice but for atmospheric planets that you want space planes launched on will there be like a part that could fold out into a big runway for planes (this is just an idea and i know your probably busy) :)

I'd like to revive this thread, so it doesn't fall into obscurity. How is it going? Are you still working on Kethane integration? Would it be possible to use this plugin for those of us who don't use Kethane?

From what I got through a PM to Skykooler on May 11, he's just waiting for Majiir to get him licensing info and permission to use the Kethane code for his custom "Ore" resource. Not sure what's happened since then, but I do hope that it's not dead. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.