When did KSP get trees?

Ripx

Was just wondering when Kerbal Space Program get trees? Was just doing a return from the mun tabbed out while the capsule landed and when i opened it again i was in the middle of a forest.

The terrain scatter setting wont make trees show up as far as I know. There seems to be a bug that makes the trees disappear. But rarely they do appear:

QkI2nvI.png

This is it with the scatters set to 30%. All the trees vanished after the flight was ended.

PS- The rocks and grass do show up, its just the trees and cacti the don't.

Edited by RocketPilot573

Terrain scatter is still in an incomplete form right now, actually. On top of no physics enabled for the terrain scatter and the spawned rocks/trees/etc. not necessarily being rendered on the surface (more than a few floating boulders have been spotted), the terrain scatter feature will sometimes just plain not do anything at all.

Well, that's why I've never seen any rocks. I suppose I have to turn the setting on, even if it lowers my FPS.

However, what if a rock appears inside my Mun base when I load up the game? Do things go boom?

My experience is that not only must i have terrain scatter on but i must also be in the correct locations of Kerbin, they appear in large forests and only in certain places, i have seen two types of tree, one is oak-like in appearance the other is a pine.

It also seems that they do not stay in place, i once parked next to a cactus for a tourist screenshot, went away to the space-center to check on something else and when i returned to the flight in question the position of the cacti around me had changed, this is however the exotic planet of Kerbin and not Earth, so they could be migratory cacti using little legs to get around, although i have my doubts.

Edited by Custard Donut (In Space)

They should have palm trees. I saw a video of 0.8 that had palm trees near the KSC, but I'm guessing these were handplaced and removed later when they added terrain scatter because they're not there anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.