Getting Banned for Stupid Resons

lobsterbark

Five minutes later I was globally banned from the game for a veritable shopping list of reasons

I would find reading that list amusing. Mainly because I saw nothing wrong with that.

Edited by ROFLCopter64bit
Pronouns aren't proverbs

In high school I researched a paper on a German SS unit that had no part in atrocities just to point out that it is past time to drop all the propaganda and understand most Germans had no idea what was really happening. It didn't go over very well.

ive been banned from several game servers for being too good as well. its sad really. couple of noobs say your botting or cheating or whatnot and its enoguh to get you banned these days. i especially hate games that use punk buster. your latency fluctuates and you get bannned. you fire your weapon and you get banned, you look at another player crosseyed and you get banned. id rather play a game full of hackers and cheaters than have to play a game on a server running punkbuster. you might die alot but at least it will be fun.

As for gaming, this one is the highlight of my gaming career, the day I was globally banned from Day Z:

I was walking around in the northern areas of Chenarus and stumbled upon a fully repaired Mi-8 cargo helicopter, it was out of fuel but I happened to have a gascan and there was a fuel station nearby, so I dumped the can into the tank, refueled at the station as was on my merry way. Above the Old Factory I took a few potshots from bandits that were clearing the place out, I didn't pay much attention to it and kept flying... until they called me out over sidechat: "Come back, we need the target practice!". I thought to myself "You know what, %#$* it.", I did a 180 degree U-turn and charged.

By this time they'd finished loading their SUV (a retardly rare find) and were about to drive away. I rise over the treetops and plow straight into it at over 150 km/h. KABOOM. There were only two survivors... I was one of them, when I hit the top of the SUV I was thrown out of the canopy and over it, I hit a tree at an odd angle and when I hit the ground I was sprinting perpendicular to the debris. When I inspected the burning SUV I found 3 bodies and one unconscious player who was both bleeding and had broken legs, so I dragged him out of the wreck and set him on the road. After a bit of rummaging I'd found a nice pistol on another body and came back to the guy, who was able to see and hear me but do nothing. I held the gun to where I figured his viewing point was.

"Bet you didn't expect that when you oozed out of bed this morning." *BANG*

Five minutes later I was globally banned from the game for a veritable shopping list of reasons

Ok, thats hilarious!

I was instabanned from a Hack Slash Mine server for fighting in the spawn area because I was fighting back against some asshole who was shooting me without any repercussions.

I was instantly permabanned from Tekkify server for "advertising other servers" because I told another player about a PVP server that I hated. That's not the best part, though. The best part is that I made an account on their forums to appeal the ban, and they never approved it.

• 2 weeks later...
I was banned from Avsim a flight simulation forum because I got sick of the FSX fans trashing the MS Flight fans and said that if they didn't like the MS Flight sim and didn't play it then they should stop whining about how much they disliked it and stick to their own FSX forum. Even got a real nasty email from Tom the owner. The nastiness of the email put Tom very much into the complete a-hole category from my perspective as nothing I said was insulting to the FSX people. One does not insult the king's fanboys I guess.

Woah woah woah....you like Flight? HOW DARE YOU GOOD SIR. WE SHALL DO BATTLE.

Anyways, I got banned from a TTT server for having a furry avatar. Go figure.

Edited by IvanTehFennec

Woah woah woah....you like Flight? HOW DARE YOU GOOD SIR. WE SHALL DO BATTLE.

Anyways, I got banned from a TTT server for having a furry avatar. Go figure.

I got auto-banned from a TTT Server because I changed my name from a bunch of squares to my actual name after the admins requested that I change my name, fun times

i once got banned from a minecraft server after a im guessing i got hit with a ban hammer instead of the griefers i was asking the mod stop i don't know how all i did was ask a mod to stop some griefers trashing my shop and get logged out after the mods arrived, then when i logged back in i was banned. I do miss my lovely shop

had something like that happen with another MMO I won't name here. On investigating (using another account) why no action was being taken against the griefers I was reporting I found out the mod handling the case was actually himself one of those griefers...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.