[0.90] LazTek SpaceX Launch, Exploration, Colonial Transporter & Historic mods (1/25/14)

LazarusLuan

Are you going to make Dragon v2 compatible with Deadly Reentry any time soon? Right now it's possible to include heat shield module by config editing, but parts attached to the top of Dragon v2 (so docking port and nosecone) explode on reentry because (most likely) of issue with model collision convex-mesh.

If i understand correctly it's also reason for your Dragon V2 sinking underground if not landed properly, so it would also kind of help non-DRE users.

I've created all the parts for the mods the only way I know how, which is with Maya and Unity using separate visual and physical models for each part and am not aware of any other way to make parts for KSP. Are there any resources online regarding building for Deadly Reentry that I can study?

I've created all the parts for the mods the only way I know how, which is with Maya and Unity using separate visual and physical models for each part and am not aware of any other way to make parts for KSP. Are there any resources online regarding building for Deadly Reentry that I can study?

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/14497/actorupdatemassfromshape-error.html

From what i understand collider now is a planar object, instead of, for example, cube/cylinder. And since you are probably using right now some shape similiar to model (and not plane), i guess some setting in Unity is off the mark?

EDIT:

Ah, and also this: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/compute-mesh-inertia-tensor-failed.47271/

You can't use mesh as collider for rigid objects (and i guess parts in KSP are rigid). So it must be some primitive instead. I guess thats the problem, you are using just simplified geometry mesh as collider?

EDIT2: And if i'm at this - could you include config files for TAC/DRE compatibility?

@PART[LazTekDragonV2]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleHeatShield

direction = 0, -1, 0 // bottom of pod

reflective = 0.05 // 5% of heat is ignored at correct angle

ablative = AblativeShielding

loss

{ // loss is based on the shockwave temperature (also based on density)

key = 650 0 0 0 // start ablating at 650 degrees C

key = 1000 320 0 0 // peak ablation at 1000 degrees C

key = 3000 400 0 0 // max ablation at 3000 degrees C

}

dissipation

{ // dissipation is based on the part's current temperature

key = 300 0 0 0 // begin dissipating at 300 degrees C

key = 500 90 0 0 // maximum dissipation at 500 degrees C

}

}

RESOURCE

{

name = AblativeShielding

amount = 1000

maxAmount = 1000

}

}

And for TAC so it supports 7 crew pods.

@PART[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[7],@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!RESOURCE[Food]]:FOR[TacLifeSupport]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks&!RealFuels]

{

// 7 crew

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 4.97

maxAmount = 4.97

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 9.45

maxAmount = 9.45

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 1597.4

maxAmount = 1597.4

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 0

maxAmount = 1374.38

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Waste

amount = 0

maxAmount = 4.08

}

RESOURCE

{

name = WasteWater

amount = 0

maxAmount = 10.43

}

}

Edited by koksny

I've finished the updates to the SpaceX mods for KSP.24. After this, I am updating the Historical Archive with the Falcon 1, Falcon 9 Block 1 and Merlin 1C engines and adding the new SpaceX Planetary Colonization mod with Falcon X, Falcon XX and Mars Colonial Transporter spacecraft.

In addition to the following changes, are there any other issues I need to address for this update?

>>>>CHANGES IN LAZTEK SPACEX LAUNCH PACK v3.1:

- Updated all models to Unity 4.5 except those with emissives, which are staying at 4.2.2 due to incompatibilities

- Changed all prices for research and part purchase to reflect prices established by .24 career mode

- Moved Falcon Heat Shield to SpaceX Historical Archives mod as it is no longer necessary by using aero retrobraking

- Dragon V2 Parachute - Changed attachment point to accommodate changes in Unity physics

- Dragon V2 Trunk - Reduced size of cargo to allow space to attach docking port at top

- Changed engine control keys for Merlin 1D clusters to a configuration that allows more control

>>>>CHANGES TO SPACEX EXPLORATION EXPANSION KIT 2.1:

- Updated models and prices for KSP .24 career mode

- Replaced MonoPropellant Tank with 200 and 400 MonoPropellant tanks with more accurate tank sizes

- New Explorer Heat Shield V2 with same design as new Dragon V2

- Moved Nerva II and Advanced VTOL engines from Experimental Engine set along with several spaceplane .craft files

- Added Aft Dock to Dragon V2 Explorer craft to allow rear docking with V2 trunk attached to orbiter

- Moved Docking Trunk to SpaceX Historical Archive mod

>>>>>>> CHANGES TO SPACEX HISTORIC ARCHIVE 1.1:

- Moved Falcon Heat Shield from SpaceX Launch Pack

- Moved Explorer Heat Shield and Dragon Docking Trunk from SpaceX Explorer Expansion

- Changed launch keys for .craft files

Thanks for all the updates I can't wait to use the Falcon X/MCT. We will see the BFR variant aka the Falcon XX in Falcon heavy configuration?

In addition to the following changes, are there any other issues I need to address for this update?

If you take place in IVA in one of the outer seats you can watch through the window. And when you reentry in the Dragon V2 CP everything in the IVA glows orange.

If you take place in IVA in one of the outer seats you can watch through the window. And when you reentry in the Dragon V2 CP everything in the IVA glows orange.

Thanks - I fixed that already and had forgotten to mention it.

It should still function as a plain parts pack in 0.24, as it's not dependent on plugins.

LIES =O..

I get this [Error]: Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually! Followed by a CTD

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-748mPPvmGGallVcjk1Vm9BMVE/edit?usp=sharing

Edit#1: thats when i select the Dragon V2, everything else appears to work without CTDs

Edited by Sutima

This is a thing of beauty and awe! But if it has issues with DRE I'm going to have to make a new install for it. Does it play nice in FAR (fairings and trunk hide contents from drag)?

Well lets just hope we can get an update for .24.2 soon, you can make your own MM config for DRE or use This

As i wrote page earlier, config for DRE is not enough - part has no working physical collider (the mesh error in log), resulting in burning parts attached to capsule (like docking port and nose cone for example). We need to wait until Laz makes it compatible with DRE, no way around it.

It does, however, works nicely with FAR (since FAR calculates shape itself).

As i wrote page earlier, config for DRE is not enough - part has no working physical collider (the mesh error in log), resulting in burning parts attached to capsule (like docking port and nose cone for example). We need to wait until Laz makes it compatible with DRE, no way around it.

It does, however, works nicely with FAR (since FAR calculates shape itself).

Sorry, Posted just before i went to bed and was tired, diden't read your whole post and so i made a post without reading up on all of the facts first.

I'm sorry to have linked you to my assness.

read thru your post on P86 now.

I've finished the updates to get everything up to speed with KSP .24.2 and have posted them here:

Download from LazTek:

LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack 3.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack HD 3.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Launch Pack LR 3.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion 2.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion HD 2.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Exploration Expansion LR 2.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Historic Archive 1.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Historic Archive HD 1.1 [KSP .24.2]

LazTek SpaceX Historic Archive LR 1.1 [KSP .24.2]

I've tested these with Farram Aerospace and Deadly Reentry, as well as Dark Server multiplayer, MechJeb and the largest install of the Environmental Enhancement mods with no problems at 64 bit and 32 bit on Windows 7. Please inform me of any issues you may have and I'll do my best to straighten them out.

Edited by LazarusLuan

I've finished the updates to get everything up to speed with KSP .24.2 and have posted them here:

Download from LazTek:

I've tested these with Farram Aerospace and Deadly Reentry, as well as Dark Server multiplayer, MechJeb and the largest install of the Environmental Enhancement mods with no problems at 64 bit and 32 bit on Windows 7. Please inform me of any issues you may have and I'll do my best to straighten them out.

Cheers for all the work, surface attachments are working great on the inside of the Dragon V2 Trunk now, however I've installed all of the packs and am wondering if you forgot to include the Dragon V1 Cargo Capsule you said you've created? Thanks again.

Download from LazTek:

Nice.... Downloaded, Installed and bootin up now... I did notice on unpacking and installing that you included craft files for the SPH, I'll find out soon enough but does the 3.0 pack include your new items from a few pages ago?!?!?!?!?

Cheers for all the work, surface attachments are working great on the inside of the Dragon V2 Trunk now, however I've installed all of the packs and am wondering if you forgot to include the Dragon V1 Cargo Capsule you said you've created? Thanks again.

The Dragon V1 is the "Cargo Capsule"... It's the version that SpaceX is fly now. Or at least that is my understanding... could be wrong thought.

Can confirm, everything works fine with DRE, great work, so much appreciated.

One minor issue - Dragon V2 still spams "[Error]: Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!" in log while in VAB. It's not problematic, but it happens. You should probably deal with it somehow before 0.25 release.

The Dragon V1 is the "Cargo Capsule"... It's the version that SpaceX is fly now. Or at least that is my understanding... could be wrong thought.
I'll check to see why things aren't attaching to the inside of the V2 trunk and I forgot to mention the Dragon Cargo is also included in the updated Historical Archive. I've made it hollow with interior sides that allow attachment of equipment in the case of KSP adding some sort of cargo scenarios to the career mode. The top hatch/cap attaches separately and opens and closes on the Dragon Cargo to allow access into items within.

This was Laz's response when I asked about the Dragon V1 earlier in the thread. From my understanding, he did create the Dragon V1, the unmanned cargo capsule currently being flown.

This was Laz's response when I asked about the Dragon V1 earlier in the thread. From my understanding, he did create the Dragon V1, the unmanned cargo capsule currently being flown.

Oh... missed that... that would be cool... no more just sending it up unmanned.

Awesome =D.

As Koksny said, still getting the "[Error]: Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!"

The interior monitor is all white http://imgur.com/a/HDgIe#0

Edited by Sutima

Oh... missed that... that would be cool... no more just sending it up unmanned.

I have a different Dragon V1 Cargo capsule that I will add to the Launch Pack right after I confirm that my new colliders for the V2 capsule are workign correctly with Deadly Reentry.

Awesome =D.

As Koksny said, still getting the "[Error]: Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!"

The interior monitor is all white http://imgur.com/a/HDgIe#0

Thanks for the heads up on the monitor texture. I'm using a combination of a cone and a sphere primitive for the colliders for the Dragon V2, per the suggestions made earlier in this thread. What else do I need to do to make the V2 capsule work with DRE?

The new update is awesome, LazarusLuan! Thanks for putting your time into making these packs. :) I think hosting them on KerbalStuff is a good idea -- from your servers I get around 180 kbps; from Kerbal Stuff (which is hosted from Majiir's server) I can get 4.5 mbps.

Cheers :)

Thanks for the heads up on the monitor texture. I'm using a combination of a cone and a sphere primitive for the colliders for the Dragon V2, per the suggestions made earlier in this thread. What else do I need to do to make the V2 capsule work with DRE?

Well it works now fine with DRE, the "Compute Mesh Inertia" message seems harmless and it just indicates you still have somewhere in the model file a collider without depth. Maybe it's because your models are hollow? No idea.

Edited by koksny