What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

6 hours ago, Tw1 said:

So, I ah... found a little something near Ike today....

fg4fege.png

Full thread to come!

YEAH! The magic boulder is back :)

Today i continued research on building a nice Ares alike rocket. It looked nice on the pad... the numbers were right... the science was sound...

mHgIwBX.png

But obviously i did not go to space today, as the SRBs exploded and ripped the craft in half. Luckily, i had configured the Launch Escape Systems and all 3 testpilots survived.

4MohFXc.png

Please excuse the graphic glitches at the upper border...

6 hours ago, Tw1 said:

So, I ah... found a little something near Ike today....

UdwjGj4.png

Kls9zk4.png

It looks a little different...

2rztSXv.png

Weird lighing...

fg4fege.png

Full thread to come!

My favorite boulder!!!

Visiting!!!!  Wait...Go to that image on Imgur...

I know why it's different!  It's been cut out of images!!!

EDIT:

Observe:

RwUc32l.png

Classic masking.

Edited by Guest

I threw together a test plane in 1.1 to test engine UI symmetry and uh... it flew.  It wasn't designed to.  It's .. missing something important:

Pcd6RZi.jpg

(it's a bicycle gear system for.. reasons I guess)

Haven't tried flying something like that since the FAR days.  Flew pretty well, in fact.  Alarmingly well...

Today, I launched a massive box. With Jebediah within, in KSP 1.1. It is a space station with an enormous capacity, and around 1,060 parts on the pad. A perfect performance test, but a station with great potential once I or Bill Kerman uncovers the secret to refueling it

The monstrosity is called the Dyson Cube, and was 1,060 parts on the pad. The performance increases of 1.1 were evident, though it still lagged a lot when not in map view during the launch.

The fuel storage is 8 of the biggest Kerbodyne fuel tanks available, 4 of the half-sized Kerbodyne tanks, 10 of the Mk3 to 2.5 Meter Fuel Adapters, and 5 Mk3 Liquid Fuel Fuselage Long tanks (plus 16 Oscar Bs used to connect fuel pipelines from the space station's fuel reserves into the Oscar Bs and then from there, into the Vector engines of the suborbital/orbital stage). The LF + OX fuel storage was only filled about 1/3 of the way in the VAB (the Liquid Fuel Fuselages were empty) to give fuel to flow into the suborbital/orbital stage, allow the station to circularize the suborbital trajectory into an orbit.

There are many docking ports of all sizes inside the Dyson Cube. The Gigantor solar panels are also inside the cube. In addition, Jebediah's cupola is within (he is the only kerbal in the station core, and he takes up 100% of the station's default crew capacity. Now that I think of it, I should attach a slim solar panel and crew module to the bottom of the box).

The lag is noticeable, but minor, when looking at the time at the top of the screen, while it is in orbit.

The only problem with this space station, is extremely severe. It calls for a demolition team to get the job done right, to fix it. The problem is...

Lsmzszc.png2PK8rLO.pngAn ugly, disgusting, putrid, misfit SAS module sticking out right in the open, on one of the outside walls of the box! I, or maybe the construction crews, accidentally slapped this to the side of the station before launch in the VAB! As you can see, I have dispatched an elite astronaut in a state-of-the-art EnvyPack Mk I to destroy the uncalled for SAS module. A small missile on the back of the pack should get the job done. Let's see the results:7nmF0oF.png

The jetpack moving in for a docking?

mK8XFK8.png

Yes, this kerbal must of held the F9 key built into her jetpack joystick after the missile failed to give good results, and then she docked her jetpack to the station to merit a good accomplishment, without the main mission objective having been completed!

This EnvyPack Mk I has two Ants facing in every direction except the sides, where there is only one Ant per side, and there are action groups to toggle each direction of movement. This made maneuvering easy, not too far off from an RCS pack, and I was able to move around the sides to investigate the SAS module, and unsuccessfully fire upon it (before quickloading), before docking with ease, because of this.

Now I need a stronger missile...

Edited by LaytheDragon

I started my Space Station/ Refueling platform. This is the first time ive tried to do Orbital Rendezvous. During my first couple tried managed to get with in 6.8Km of each object, but I need to work on my orbit correction/changes. The first part was the center section and the second and third part were going to be large solar arrays. http://imgur.com/a/EDqKn 

8 hours ago, hendrack said:

After updating a couple mods through ckan I got this loading screen. wtf?

It's because mods disable themselves and show that loading screen in x64 (before the stable release was out) and modder probably didn't fix it yet.

Speaking of which, I spent 10 minutes quoting practically everyone on this whole page because of this stupid new editor and trying to remove the quotes... Clicked quote on one, gave me the other :confused:

This little aircraft  is able without detaching his parts to reach a very low (but over 70 km.) orbit of Kerbin, then to ascend to low orbit, in accordance with the contract, to rescue kerbal inside capsule and bring it from orbit to Kerbin.
The cost of the aircraft is only 34 838 kerbillars.

CkZvyH9h.png

Edited by luannei

Building a space station using stock early career parts.  Got everything orbited and realized I goofed and used a mix of standard and jr sized docking ports accidentally when it came time to start docking the pieces.  Need to build and orbit some adapters now..  lol

I finally completed my personal challenge to create a working and lookalike Ares I replica. Gets 4 Kerbals and a full setup of science experiments into 100 km circular orbit with 900 m/s of delta V in the tank left. The capsule also features a clamp-o-tron docking port, a light and comes equipped with 4 drogue and 4 main chutes. Some minor action-group tweaking and fixing some staging issues and i will upload the craftfile. Probably tomorrow. Happy now. Time to go out (yeah, this reality thing) and party :). Have a nice evening fellow Kerbonauts.

UEMsM2R.png

Did a Gemini(-ish) dual-launch moon mission, using Tantares parts and some other stuff. The crew return capsule is in one launch, while the Munar lander is in the second launch. After they dock, all the extra fuel gets transferred to the parts that will continue the journey. This leaves enough monoprop on one of the boosters that I can deorbit the thing instead of cluttering up space near Kerbin. I just finished docking them together last night when I realized I was about to fall over from fatigue, so it's still orbiting at 200km until I reload the game (presumably later today).

AS-2861_zpsk2ivjfsh.jpg

AS-2856_zps3xhokzkb.jpg

There were pictures of both vessels docked together, but they were so dark I could have posted a dark rectangle and you'd have seen about the same view. ;)

I also experimented with (what else?) weird-looking aircraft.

AS-2855_zpsx4lzglf8.jpg

AS-2854_zpsazkm5nvk.jpg

More here: http://s28.photobucket.com/user/SSgtBaloo/slideshow/1APR2016

Edited by SSgt Baloo

I had fun with the pre-release and built a bridge:

0ZSISvu.png

And driving on it!

ia07U6m.png

Or driving near it:

H2LhelB.png

And destroying it! (Tough thing. Shouldn't have used so much struts...)

5wFLMeJ.png

The bridge is > 600 parts, btw. and the game runs ok. Timer goes to yellow, so it's a bit too much for the game, but still playable, no 5 fps slideshow.

Today (thus far), I built and launched another weaponized jetpack in stock 1.1, this time RCS powered rather than Ant powered, bent on killing a large reaction wheel accidentally placed on the side of my massive DysonCube Station.

XUsLEsa.pngXMhRKtn.png

This time, though, I brought a jetpack with more solar panels, two kerbals, and two more powerful missiles.

Finally, the target was destroyed. That SAS reaction wheel never was meant to be there, and a small volley of unguided missiles (if it weren't a rocket game, I'd say "unguided rockets") took it out for good.

After a successful mission, I decided to dock the jetpack to the space station.

IHkWSZN.png

fpVJcga.pngAs you can see, there are now two jetpacks docked to the Dyson Cube.

The next thing I am going to do is dock a rear crew/solar panel module, which I have already prepared in the VAB (the solar arrays will have to be docked separately due to fairing size problems, but there are docking ports ready on the module just for that). The module comes with the same panel-encased style as the main station body.

Edited by LaytheDragon