What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Sent out a solar "exploration" satellite orbiting 15km above the surface of the sun in polar orbit. Of course i'm not running any mods however if I did it would be out to "map out" the sun. It has a gravity meter and at 15km the gravity is 15.32ms^2. Also temp measures is 25 degrees. Woot woot.

screenshot0_zps96a57dc9.jpg

screenshot5_zps193e02bf.jpg

screenshot3_zps5b8d5c21.jpg

Sent out a 2nd satellite in Kerbin 0 degree offset orbit. This satellite is called Solar Sunspot Weather Satellite. Its responsible for monitoring for sunspots that may affect Kerbin. It needed more power therefore more solar panels were added. I also have a secondary name for my satellite but i'm not sure it would be appropriate for the forum.

screenshot1_zps48d18fa4.jpg

The Shtuule was given extra (recoverable) boosters, and with the extra delta V, I delivered a three satellite network to the Mun.

zWnu9dh.jpg

Had barely enough to make it home though. Looked like I was going to overshoot KSC and end up in the ocean. But, fortunately, I managed to turn around.

It glided, completely empty, down to a safe landing between the SPH and the VAB.

ty33WNw.png

It lives to fly another day.

Also, Kerbals don't get stuck when they fall in the cargo bay any more.

YTRRIAx.png

Edited by Tw1

I started and ended a project today, it was called "A year around the sun and back".

The idea was to send a little manned probe in orbit around the sun, for so without fuel,

getting it back into kerbin orbit.

I had to do alot of math for this project, but unfortanly when the ship got into kerbin orbit, it had too high speed and got into sun orbit again.

Here's some pictures :

2ynqzrp.jpg

Leaving kerbin orbit

110lr7q.jpg

Still leaving kerbin orbit

29em591.jpg

Almost half way there!

23j0l09.jpg

There we go, the probe is now orbiting the sun

unfortanly i forgot to take any more pictures.

EDIT : here is a zoomed in picture of how "happy" obsen kerman was after realising he would never get back to kerbin!

wb8ms6.jpg

Well the probe have wifi, and obsen have his computer, and since the probe is orbiting around the sun, will the probe always have power so obsen can plug in his computer, and talk about failed KSP projects on the kerbalspaceprogram forum.

Sorry for my bad grammar, i'm not english.

Edited by kola2DONO

Working on my new SSTO, wanted to keep an older revision around to steal parts from, without having to continually save/load or lose temporary bits.

The workaround I came up with, was, well...

zTf9fNP.jpg

Useful? Somewhat. Hilarious? Oh, so very.

Jeb was at the controls, so naturally, I had to try...

WtYBuCB.jpg

T9uCw0Z.jpg

Edited by drewscriver

I finally had the time today to attach the last main piece to my interplanetary Ship the ENGINES! Good thing I tested out the first design I made, come to find out I had placed the fuel transfer cables in a bad spot and the engines would not fire. So a redisgn was in order once done and tested lifted the section up and out to my Space Station that was to become a ship. Currently it has my moon lander docked and is waiting for the escape pods, probe pod, science pod, ferry vehicle, and most importantly...fuel o.o.

The first task is to refuel the ship, undock the unnecessary tow craft and make a course for the Mun for a test flight. While I am there might as well get my first kerbal on the Mun.... Poor Ludo Kerman died on my first attempt due to a time warp..uh..mishap..he will be missed. I said next time I am coming prepared! While it is on it's way I shall launch up another few refueling rockets along with a pod or two and rendezvous with the ship at Kerbin.... yea we'll see if it goes that way...

Ship Details:

Name: NCSA-KES1-IPS

Weight: 126.19t

Part count: 574

5AA3689010B3DB32C76EE459BB1BF5D6DDCB0167

I finally had the time today to attach the last main piece to my interplanetary Ship the ENGINES! Good thing I tested out the first design I made, come to find out I had placed the fuel transfer cables in a bad spot and the engines would not fire. So a redisgn was in order once done and tested lifted the section up and out to my Space Station that was to become a ship. Currently it has my moon lander docked and is waiting for the escape pods, probe pod, science pod, ferry vehicle, and most importantly...fuel o.o.

The first task is to refuel the ship, undock the unnecessary tow craft and make a course for the Mun for a test flight. While I am there might as well get my first kerbal on the Mun.... Poor Ludo Kerman died on my first attempt due to a time warp..uh..mishap..he will be missed. I said next time I am coming prepared! While it is on it's way I shall launch up another few refueling rockets along with a pod or two and rendezvous with the ship at Kerbin.... yea we'll see if it goes that way...

Ship Details:

Name: NCSA-KES1-IPS

Weight: 126.19t

Part count: 574

5AA3689010B3DB32C76EE459BB1BF5D6DDCB0167

Wow, that's not a space station, that's a colony.

Last night I did an Apollo mission to the Mun, departing from my fuel station. Bill and Bob got to land in the big gash next to the dark side's largest crater while Jeb jibbered away in orbit... Today I took them up for rendezvous. When we came back around to the landing site I thought it would be fun to deorbit my lander (no kerbals harmed) aiming at the flag I planted. I missed by several kilometers but sent a shower of debris on long sub orbital trajectories, the longest one has an apoapse of 160 km and almost orbits! I only wish they could produce their own craters.

Downloaded NavyFish's Docking Indicator mod - that's right, now I'm running THREE mods. Decided I should try it out, so I launched an Igneo Globus 7 to dock at Mir. The mod's a lot more impressive when your graphics settings aren't turned way the hell down (like mine) but it's still usable, and despite not quite knowing what I was doing I successfully docked on the first try, no bouncing.

Still trying to figure out how to use jet engines on rockets. I put a series of twelve jets on the sides of my new Thunderbolt Very Heavy 7, and KER said I had a sufficient TWR for takeoff, but even after waiting a good minute for the jets to spool up the ship went in the wrong direction every time I released it from the clamps. I'm now considering a more traditional solution. The Very Heavy (unlike the Superheavy and the Ultraheavy) doesn't have sufficient thrust to lift itself.