What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

very nice! give us an update when he makes it home, mun rocks make poor snacks.

Hi r4pt0r,

I've just landed in Kerbin, still with most of the fuel in the last stage (the single small motor under the cabin).

I've been able to get an EVA report, samples, report, etc. As my former probes already landed in mountains and the Farside crater, this time I landed in the East Farside crater, so I still have obtained 388 science points.

Still I need to do some adjustments in my landing rocket. I have gained a lot of stability and solved the torque problem. But when reentering in the Kerbin atmosphere, it was quite unmanageable (I don't know what would had happened using a realistic mod). Moreover I would like to access the hatch in a easier way.

So I think I still have a lot of work to do! :-D

Lord

Down loaded some add on parts and played around. One of the creations was some drones. Pictured below Drone 2. Works well with small solid propellent booster mounted on a very high support so it can build up speed for flight (No wheels - chute recovery). Uses very little fuel. Should fly for a very long time.

31VvlhE.png

Low pass past the tower :-)

rWhiybG.png

I had a new interplanetary ship in orbit in my career mode game with FAR and DRE, so it was time to test it. Calculations suggested that it should have enough fuel for a Moho trip, so that's where I went.

moho_trip_01.jpeg

When you have a ship with initial TWR 0.25 on a 120 km orbit, the transfer burn begins at a scary angle.

moho_trip_02.jpeg

moho_trip_03.jpeg

moho_trip_04.jpeg

moho_trip_05.jpeg

moho_trip_06.jpeg

My standard Moho procedure: leave the mothership in a highly eccentric orbit, and proceed with the lander. This time the landing was a bit hard, as three landing struts broke.

moho_trip_07.jpeg

On the return trip, I realized that I had too little fuel for a safe return. When a ship returns to Kerbin's SoI from Moho with almost no fuel left and no heat shields, there's only one thing you can do.

moho_trip_08.jpeg

moho_trip_09.jpeg

moho_trip_10.jpeg

The rest of the ship burned nicely in the atmosphere.

More FourJade stuff?! It's really coming to a close. Gathered everyone up (there was more than enough fuel left in the Vall ascent stage to get orbit), took a good long while docking everything in Jool orbit, then determined that I could get an immediate return trajectory for under 1500 m/s with a Tylo slingshot and an inclination change in high Kerbol orbit (closer to Jool than to Dres). Burned the escape and the inclination change, still have quite a lot of fuel left. Set up a 50 m/s correction/adjustment burn at the altitude of Duna orbit to bring the Kerbin periapse into the atmosphere.

That burn is over a year and 300 days away, so I'll probably do a couple of other, small missions in the mean time. I plan to land back on Kerbin before 0.24 is released, and then write this last part of this mission up.

The return vehicle carries its own xenon supplies. Lots of them. Over 9000 units. This was in case I ran out of fuel for the orbital maneuvers and return journey, I could detach the 3-man capsule and fly it back on ion power. Looks like they'll go completely unused... I'm also bringing back the ion lander: might fill it back up from that xenon supply and leave it in LKO, or something.

I deinstalled local KSP Data from Steam to wipe out all mods and things and wait for a fresh install with 0.24 to beginn my new Space Program;)

Besides i have a question: I tried to start a new Thread. How long does it usuallly tend to take till it shows up on the forums?

Landed on and returned from Moho. Also I finally started taking pictures of doing stuff.

2hqyq80.jpg

Here's Robin posing triumphantly.

Now I've landed and returned from every atmosphereless planet. Next up it's the non-joolian Moons (Gilly then Ike), then Bop/Pol/Vall, then Laythe, then Duna, then Eve and Tylo.

Gilly and Ike should be extremely easy. Bop/Pol/Vall should be interesting because I'll have to either make a reusable lander (The current one ditches everything besides a tiny ion thruster+command seat) or somehow find a way to attach 3 landers to one rocket. Laythe should be relatively easy due to being able to use jets, Duna currently looks scary due to its atmosphere but should be easy, in fact I think I can use something I already built which was supposed to be an attempt to return from Eve but which completely failed at returning from Eve. It would probably be massive overkill on Duna though. Eve and Tylo are going to be extremely difficult.

I deinstalled local KSP Data from Steam to wipe out all mods and things and wait for a fresh install with 0.24 to beginn my new Space Program;)

Besides i have a question: I tried to start a new Thread. How long does it usuallly tend to take till it shows up on the forums?

About this long. Newbies go on a mod queue, it helps catch a good portion of spammers.

As for me...

n38Ijze.png

The Gilly base seems to be coming along okay so far.

Third time Jebediah has landed on Mun.

As former occasions, I've improved the probe. Also I've spent less fuel in all maneuvers, and I've landed in a more difficult place.

Here Jebediah before climbing again to the hatch.

Mun_Kerbal_landing3.png~original

Edited by LordCorwin

I sent my lander and spent fuel ship back home to Kerbin after fueling my orbital space lab orbiting the Mun. Next I need to send a more efficient lander, and another fuel ship specifically designated for fueling the lander each time it makes it back to the lab. The Mun will soon be my b!+@#.

Worked on Epica Base Stage 3. Didn't quite finish it completely, need to move two more habitat modules. Installed four of them.

Tomorrow will install the remaining two and it seems that my excessive amount of energy storage was not excessive enough so I added some more pipes to attach three more battery banks. That should do it.

4C6AD85DF2ED0F29FC6D2A09CCAC88F5E604C331

I did something!

The Explorer III made it to orbit on the first launch, nothing broke, no summsaulting despite the absurd large fairing encasing the big ship!

Next will be a final test of the Kethane conversion module before it gets up followed by the lander, the automatic Kethane miner and the three Tylo landing-assist-modules for the lander (basically three fuel tanks getting staged during landing, the lander will have enough to take off again.

The mission was slowed down by me getting interested in other games for a while, a two week vacation and lastly by my own dumbness: I thought my design was completely flawed, as the competely assembled ship with all equipment for the mission had less then 2k dV and would never reach Jool without extensive redesigning or a push from another module - but I just forgot to set KER to show orbit values instead of in Kerbin's atmosphere ... almost 5k dV available now and planning for gravity assists/aerobraking at Jool. *phew*

I also had updated KAC in a foolish way so I lost all my set alarms - I keep finding probes with nav-markers in 2-150 days time as well as remembering planned operations of my Kethane Mining Department ... luckily before the small ships shot out of Kerbins SOI or entered weird unrecoverable orbits. :P

Also, more attempts at building planes - it is ... argh ...