What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Today, I just messed around with my tech tree "mod" sorting out where the last of the stock bits go, consolidating the MKII parts into one node and moving some landing legs and rover wheels around. CTT is great! Still undecided if I want the turbojet in Aerodynamic Systems(90s) or in Supersonic Flight(160s).

I also did some research into how the decouplers work, then I found that the structural pylon has a built in decoupler that is not using its anchor correctly so switched it to the radial decoupler module and it now leaves half the pylon still attached. I did take a screenshot, but it came out as my desktop thanks to windowmode. And am off work tomorrow, so gonna wrap up my cargobay and try to get the fuse and adapter models textured and modded too.

Yesterday I had a contract to put 10 kerbals in a base on Minmus. Today I flew a crew bus out there and brought 8 of them home. 2 will remain on a long term mission (okay - there's not enough room for them on the shuttle, but they don't need to know that).

Had some minor shenanigans with the kraken on relanding the base, too.

Today, I just messed around with my tech tree "mod" sorting out where the last of the stock bits go, consolidating the MKII parts into one node and moving some landing legs and rover wheels around. CTT is great! Still undecided if I want the turbojet in Aerodynamic Systems(90s) or in Supersonic Flight(160s).
I've not seen the details of your tree, but I'd bear in mind that even the basic jet, normally on a 90 science node, can have a significant impact in career by enabling lighter launchers. Indeed it's one of the unlocks that enables a single launch Kerballed Mun landing and return in the 18 ton / 30 part limit. (The other option being the node with the 48-7S and fuel lines, both widely accepted as godly parts.) So the turbojet on a 90 science node seems rather early.

What did I do in KSP today? I got major league disappointed ... I was out rovering around on Mun, when something very important came up and I had to (literally) jump up and run away from the computer to attend to it. I got back just in time to find (what was left of) my rover hurtling across Mun at 40+m/s in pieces, with no idea where the occupants of the rover went to (I think all 3 of them perished in the crash). Basically, Kaboom. My disappointment was when I did a restore from a quicksave I'd done, only to find it missing all the work I'd done (last night) on my Voyager2 project - because I didn't quicksave there/then(?). I only started quicksaves just recently, I don't like using it (trying to rely on it)... this reminded me why. At least the Voyager2 ship I built is still showing in the VAB inventory.

Quicksave scummer here. Have you discovered the Alt-F5 and Alt-F9 functions? They allow you to name your quicksaves and choose which one to load, respectively.

Testing out Evepod MK3, as the second one was claimed by a strange glitch which makes structural pieces in craft from pre-0.90 saves explode.

oHJKfqQ.png

If someone has any idea why some craft are falling apart, my output logs are here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw8i7tfcdhiqgxq/output_log%20-%20Copy%20%286%29.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/30bicokqjyqak6g/output_log%20-%20Copy%20%285%29.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxvcg5k4qmzrp7d/output_log%20-%20Copy%20%284%29.txt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fvvxnfzo20feqqj/output_log%287%29.txt?dl=0

While testing, I made a daring close pass to this ground crew truck, leaping over the road ahead of it.

Ux8x8Pk.png

Edited by Tw1

Today I combined my mega tug and my Mono-E-Moho together, I figure go big or go home. But since I am already at home I guess I have to go big! I did leave the return tug attached to the lander for now as a backup means of getting home, but I think I may just remove it since the mega tug has 10k dv as it sits (I think anyways since that is what the unloaded version has sitting in LKO right now). With the Moho window coming up soon I may not get to test it as much as I would like to before hand, but normally I test things once, if successful, and put them into service. :D

I had a contract to land a small base (5 Kerbals) on Minmus. Upon arriving, I realized I happened, completely by accident, to land in one of the biomes that I had already stripped clean. Doh! At least I have some fuel to hop to another location.

KSP%202015-01-18%2017-04-11-53.jpg

KSP%202015-01-18%2017-22-31-29.jpg

KSP%202015-01-18%2017-29-37-61.jpg

Some mission highlights from this career so far:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by NecroBones

Maintenance & crew changes on my station. 10 crew & two paying passengers really taxes the life support, won't make that a regular thing.

Hey, that station is looking great! How well did your mods survive 0.90? It's been a while since I played, and haven't added mods to the new version...

Hey, that station is looking great! How well did your mods survive 0.90? It's been a while since I played, and haven't added mods to the new version...

Hey thanx. I'm still in .25 now :-/ Couple of my favorite mods are still having teething issues with .90, and as I'm still enjoying where this save is at and .90 really encourages starting over, I'm not ready to switch yet.

One of these days I'll feel the pull and then I'll get to de-orbit this station, which should be a hoot on its own.

Building up science so I can finish unlocking enough of the tech tree to get Nertea's 2.5 meter berthing modules for building my Extraplanetary Launchpad station with, starting with the power core. I've been landing with my ludicrously impractical yet extremely satisfying 3.75 meter inline pod on Minmus and the Mun, and I was about to wrangle an asteroid to bring back to Kerbin to start providing mining resources to place into orbit when the graphics glitched out and crashed me for the night. I need to get Porkjet's nuclear mainsail unlocked so I can really have fun asteroid-kidnapping for fun and profit so I can build a massive Jool-Ship. .... trying to launch that in one go.

Got paid to launch a very simple satellite into a Kerbin polar orbit. The hardware was unremarkable but I was very happy with the flight planning. Nailed the launch window, popped the satellite into a nice circular parking orbit, standard Hohmann transfer up to the requested orbit. Job done.

There's some slack built into the mission requirements of course, but hitting a close enough orbit first time with no corrections (particularly plane corrections) required felt good.

I've not seen the details of your tree, but I'd bear in mind that even the basic jet, normally on a 90 science node, can have a significant impact in career by enabling lighter launchers. Indeed it's one of the unlocks that enables a single launch Kerballed Mun landing and return in the 18 ton / 30 part limit. (The other option being the node with the 48-7S and fuel lines, both widely accepted as godly parts.) So the turbojet on a 90 science node seems rather early.

I followed that thread with great interest. Using FAR and KIDS(far->stock atmo) the basic jet is good to about 10-12k without wings, then the thrust gets so low it will start toppling over, it will cut 1500dV from the launch making it a lot lighter, for a disposable launcher. But yes, they are highly exploitable(I guess AJE might fix that, but I think FAR/KIDS is enough).

I dont like using jets for rockets, so mostly its for my enjoyment. Unlocking them at teir7 seems way to late(seeing as you get Aerospike and Rapier at the same time) moving them down to supersonic flight or so makes for a more fun progression, for me atleast, and I moved basic jet to start node(along with wings etc for aircraft). :)

Its a (almost) wrap!

Career in 23.5 ended with the Jool expedition picking up the out-of-fuel Duna expedition, sending the robotic miner to refuel from Ike, taking the lander for one more trip to vist Ike and spent a while in Duna's orbit to wait for a window.

Eager to deliver the science data as soon as possible, Jeb stuffed everything into a Mk1 pod and separated from the Explorer III with a Kerbin PE of 20km, while Bob steered the ship into a orbit parallel to the station in orbit.

The Explorer III - while not 100% perfect - performed admirably!

(Will have to upload some pictures at last.)

Just an ion probe - that will most likely lack power for anything so far out - is still out there and might catch a flyby at Eeloo ... or not, will see next Saturday, maybe.

In the meantime I am trying to get my .90 to work again as I want it to. No clouds are showing, memory usage is high and at least the Kerbal X in a sandbox test behaved ... strangely: the orbit wobbled about, my camera shifts hundreds of meters from the craft, g-forces keep killing the crew randomly ... I hope it is a problem inherent in the stock craft and not an updated mod ...

Needed a flag on the Mun, a Kerbin orbital station and a Minmus base. As luck would have it, both the base and the station had the same requirements (aside from location) so I decided to do them in one launch - flew up a lander/station/thing with an extra fuel tank, dropped the fuel tank in LKO, then sent the lander to the Mun. It then returned to LKO and refueled, ready to pop out to Minmus.

The whole contraption is currently sat, uncrewed, in LKO, as I sent up an SSTO crew shuttle to pick up those on board and then relaunch them for maximum XP gains. The rest of the recrewing operation (I haven't landed the first lot yet) will have to wait until tomorrow, though - got a dinner party to cook for.