What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Looks like it's main use is to be lobbed at London...

I've not played in ages, and came across this in my screenshots folder, not sure how Bob feels about the situation but Dudner seems to be enjoying it

screenshot7s.jpg

Started a new game and the need to train crews plus a lot of more interesting missions has led me down a different route to my usual playing style. I've built a 4 kerbal lander with twin nukes that's capable of 2 or 3 landings on the Mun before having to dock with one of the tanker I've got orbiting at 50km. This allows crews to gain experience by planting flags, and they can do some temperature or seismographic scan missions while they're at it. Just need a transfer vehicle to get new crews out to it now.

screenshot13s.png

I began my mission start to my circumnavigation of Duna. Having never built a rover in my entire KSP career, I spent several hours figuring out the wheels, and thirty minutes getting it in the air and landing it.

HEc6AvX.png

I've affectionately called it the "Prowler", since it sits so low to the ground. I'm only 50km in from the start, so I've still got a while to go

Put my RSS adventures on hold for a while since I stumbled across kOS (no idea why it took so long). Installed it, swore, cried. Googled for some resources and found the documentation, but also found details of a challenge over on reddit to write an autonomous program to go from the pad to the Mun and precision land on arrival.

Not being one to walk when I could run, my first program was therefore of a fair scale, but I seem to have cracked it. Pad to Mun in under 30 minutes realtime, entirely automated to a spot landing of undisclosed accuracy (because the contest isnt closed), but lets say its pretty sharp.

As I stare down at the Mun, I realise that every one of those twinkling grey diamonds is a can with a Kerbal in it and begin to feel the first twinges of guilt. Perhaps its time to write a Return script... there are no end of test-pilots raring to go, most of em can see at least half a dozen identical ships from their windows. Jeb is stuck in Munar orbit because a mis-placed '}' caused his ship to fire a staging comand every 0.1s as he aligned for deorbit, Bob and Bill are each in one of the ships far over the horizon. The majority I dont even know the names of, its whoever mission control stuffed into the can as I systematically fired them off around the clock for several Kerbin days. I reckon by the end they were hauling in Kerbals off the street and packing them off to the Mun...

tEmEuhH.jpg

Edited by celem

Still moving that class E asteroid to Minmus. I won't be taking those contracts in the future unless it's a C or less as I've spent nearly 3 million on it and it's only half way there. Half of was spent on this blunder...

I was thinking I could use a 3 connector design to move the asteroid

1TPnluv.png

tYgxXoh.png

I ended up transferring the fuel over to the single connector mover I had riding the asteroid already as that's really the only way to steer the mammoth rocks.

This contract will be around 6 million in the hole by the time it's done (after the minmus construction site is built).

In an effort to stem any further spending on this I'm going to build a construction site on Minmus. Needed to send a satellite to search for karbonite. Two space stations in orbit have already scanned the whole thing for other resources. Picture of said satellite.

Satellite Class A-2 (10k d/v initial) generic satellite (A-1 has goo canisters, A-3 has the materials kit)

Karbonite scanner, Gravity, seismic sensors

HVwyRmv.png

Edited by michaelhester07

J41SKIz.jpg

xWC4UEg.jpg

Was able to land my Mun Space Centre and then dock with it. The docking ports didn't line up on the Mun as easily as they did on Kerbin, though, so really had to whack the rover into it to get them to click. There were some hair raising moments, but it eventually worked. Discovered that I can actually drag the whole station around with the rover which is an interesting development.

I also transferred the crew into my latest SSTO which I am about to test. Can fit 27 kerbals in the hold, plus 2 in the cockpit, so can transfer 29 kerbals into LKO hopefully!

rcuR5Nl.jpg

jPgwi5u.jpg

Edited by Bay23

nothing special today. Sent Jeb in 2-man Tantares craft to dock with station and rescue one Kerbal that was left there for a long long time. After they were safely back at KSC I then deorbited the station as I will be getting better one soon.

Also I have completed few "put satellite" contracts. After that I was trying to make a unmanned plane to do temperature scans around Kerbin, but it was unstable and I have crashed it about 5 times (loosing a bit over 100k funds in a process).

All of that was while waiting for Eve window

Sent a probe into the sun:

1D9hs9v.png

And took this shot of my Minmus Science Lab with the mobile science collector in the back, the lab in the front, and the crew with a flag (notice Kerbin and the Mun in the sky):

kvK6JSE.png

Small is goood.....a three part probe gets to orbit, I think this is the smallest craft that works. Some must have already done it...?? who was the first Kerbalnaut...that did it...??

Also a lander that launches from the KSC pad and gets to Mun landing with juice to spare..

Montagesmlest-1.jpgscreenshot119.png

So I was making a centrifuge to test rovers in orbit. Lets just say I got "distracted."

Hey! Admin Building! Look what I made!

aDbsjBo.jpg

0ewJabf.png

A poor speed of 10 m/s was just not fast enough... So things got messy.

DHemiLv.jpg

Very fast... 25 m/s.

LvZsy0v.png

Was going to smash it into the water for explosions, I did not expect this however:

jDh6u4l.png