What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I started a new career and did about 4 launches.

A launch to get to 5,000m, that was Quick 1.

A launch to break through the Kerman Line and into space, Quick 2.

A launch into orbit, that would be Quick 3.

And a final launch into orbit on Quick 4, which was almost perfectly designed. It was a bigger payload than Quick 3, so it needed some boosters on the first stage. The 1st stage engine was replaced with the LVT-45, and I added retro rockets to the payload. The payload was a Mk.1 Capsule with a chute, and an antenna. It then had a science module underneath it, which had the Science, Jr., two Goo canisters, some batteries, two chutes, and the three retro rockets.

At exactly 30 parts. Lucky me.

I haven't recovered Quick 4 yet, though. The game crashed a bit after landing... But I know it has a lot of science.

Yesterday I sent up a Crew Return Vehicle and an orbital tanker to refuel a heavy tug/lab vehicle back from Dres and bring the crew home. The tug was then sent on its merry way out to Duna to push the crew there back home. The million-credit-lifter that lifted the tanker and CRV was de-orbited for recovery this morning, but it met its doom against the cliffside of Mt Kerbin.

pLIYh8I.png

That would have been worth around 500kfunds if I recovered it intact!

Next, I sent up a small, Klaw-equipped tanker to rescue Kirbald from where he mysteriously appeared in orbit, then upward to give some gas to some other empty lifters so they could be recovered. One was another million-credit lifter (Leviathan), but it was on older, unperfected model that broke apart when the chutes opened. The last target was a small lifter where the upperstage failed during the circularization burn, ripping off the lifter's probe unit. The lifter was all that was left in orbit. Despite being a rookie scientist in a capsule with no probe control, Kirbald was able to Klaw the small lifter and gently push it into the atmosphere, where it successfuly landed and was recovered for a measly 176kf. You can see his capsule stuck to the side.

mGQbdb5.png

Been doing alot on Eve recently. Spent the last couple hours farting around Gilly, and discovered the North Pole (no elves were in sight, however).

Here, Bobfrod departs from the Magnus E-2 in his small ion-powered lander.

bt4rriW.png

Drifting around on the surface of Gilly is so slow and relaxing (or boring, since you can't time warp). Even when you crash, you don't crash. Discovered this great big crack right through the asteroid.

Bmzwvyi.png

I see you peeking at me Eve, you cheeky monkey!

maK6Jjk.png

Happened upon the north pole thanks to a contract. Bobfrod was so excited he had to do a little dance.

EbxrhzC.png

Yup, real dancin' fool, that Bobfrod.

L3v5hbG.png

Oddly enough, the north pole is NOT the highest peak around. Gilly is weird.

qYuNTio.png

Finally got to send my 6 ship convoy to Duna/Ike (First time going interplanetary). Did it with a double burn from a 300x300 orbit (intermediate orbit it a 300x3040 which is 4 300x300 orbits). Burn time were in the 2-3 minutes range, so i'm guessing optimal enough: Full transfer + intercept was probably 20m/s more that calculated with alexmoon online tool.

1hoUOyv.png

The only annoying part is having to use a drawing tool (photoshop like) to know where to put the Pe for appropriate ejection angle.

That, and forgetting an antenna on one of the ships (base contract), so I was forced to RDV in the final orbit to dock a small patch section to it. :P

Finally got to send my 6 ship convoy to Duna/Ike (First time going interplanetary). Did it with a double burn from a 300x300 orbit (intermediate orbit it a 300x3040 which is 4 300x300 orbits). Burn time were in the 2-3 minutes range, so i'm guessing optimal enough: Full transfer + intercept was probably 20m/s more that calculated with alexmoon online tool.

http://i.imgur.com/1hoUOyv.png

The only annoying part is having to use a drawing tool (photoshop like) to know where to put the Pe for appropriate ejection angle.

That, and forgetting an antenna on one of the ships (base contract), so I was forced to RDV in the final orbit to dock a small patch section to it. :P

You might benefit from the precomputed transfer burns linked in my signature, along with the PreciseNode mod that shows the ejection angle of the first node. Makes it much easier to do multiple-burn transfers and hit the window at the correct ejection angle.