What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I just launched my first satellite into geosynchronous orbit...and one I'm rather proud of, too. It is within 0.05 degrees longitude over Kerbal Space Center, with inclination 0.04 degrees. According to Kerbal Engineer it has an orbital period of 5:59:59.9.

Finally docked the half-forgotten comm. module to my space station.

Started building for a Mun-landing, lander looks good and can even safely land after ... launch trials ... on Kerbin. Rover works satisfactory.

The rocket - something weird came forged into life here - it kinda works ... will have to post pics on sunday.

Lately I've been playing with Ioncross life support add-on. Having to carry along oxygen enough to keep everyone alive adds a fun design challenge.

Yesterday I had Bill gathering Kethane on Bop, and using it to refuel his lander and his interplanetary drive section. It's almost fueled again, and there's an unmanned resupply vessel on its way that's designed to refill his oxygen and take Kethane back to Kerbin.

Tried sticking two probe cores on my superheavy lifter; the second was inverted relative to the rest of it so I'd have a control point for launch. Whole thing UVD'd about 45k up.

Planned to extend the docking capabilities of my existing station core; got most of the payload's initial design built. It didn't survive the initial launch attempt; shored it up, need to add a proper booster to it now.

Today, a journey of a hundred million Km begins with a single.... Boom!

nJvWZJ6.png

Fly safe, Eelooman. May you have much better luck than my previous Eeloo probes.

Did some exploring with planes.

2GEOyoc.png

I like Tomcas, but with his record, he's safer not going to space.

And made a tiny but not very useful SSTO, after my "bottle" rocket experiments showed oscar-B tank stacks did not make very useful rockets.

ljT5LpZ.png

Edited by Tw1

The Nova Lander is on its way to Mum with a probe and enough fuel in stage 2 for orbital insertion. That leave a full fuel tank for landing and another for return. The big probe with its four outboard boosters and thruster pack center core fourth stage that can carry a three Kerbal capsule is also en route. With a better launch path this time, the outboards will have enough fuel to orbit Mum.

Today i was playing truck driver :) After multiple launches and landings of my fuel hauler on the Mun, i managed to finally top my space station's fuel tanks. Monopropellant still needs some working, but i have enough for now. Next load of fuel goes to Duna along with two landers for planet and Ike.

Destination Laythe:

x9fD8WI.png

5 kerbal craft with rovers:

alAX10X.png

And a couple kethane probes to test for kethane at landing zone:

ZQLyobh.png

The cupola pod is quite heavy (4.5T?!?!), but it's worth it for the view.

Aerobrake around Jool:

PlOMfcI.jpg

Burn to laythe intercept:

p8PODHU.png

My computer's version of re-entry effects:

JntVIf3.png

Destination dubbed "Crescent Eye Island" .. the only equatorial kethane deposit on land (and a paultry 42k deposit at that):

suIkIDa.jpg

e8YRqbl.png

dlXprMB.png

And there my Kerman analogue waits for his rescue (already in route)

:confused:

Whackjob... What is the TWR of this craft? lol

Not entirely sure. But if you'd like to calculate it, there are 168 of the spike rocket engines. 21 per cluster, 8 clusters.

#EDIT: Taking it into orbit tonight when I get out of work. I strongly believe, once I fix the attitude controls, that I can make orbit, which would make that the largest SSTO vehicle ever made. I think.

Edited by Whackjob

Taking it into orbit tonight when I get out of work. I strongly believe, once I fix the attitude controls, that I can make orbit, which would make that the largest SSTO vehicle ever made. I think.

I'd like to see a picture of this. Does this thing have any steering?

Presented the KSP to educators in a Aerospace summer workshop yesterday (A fill in presentation). My Kerbals made it to orbit and back safely. Designed and built Rescue-3 (Single capsule on top of the three person capsule). It made orbit in good fashion, to Minmus, Landed and back. All kerbals made it back in one piece after a EVA walk on Minmus and tearing off one solar panel by over zealous use of the backpack thrusters. A good day :-)

http://i.imgur.com/Li5nl55.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cT85HmA.jpg

BJ Quest.

Edited by BJ Quest
images/Rescue 3

The Nova Lander probe made it to Mum orbit insertion on second stage power alone. Note, that rocket used onion staging having been launched with 7 Skipper engines with outer ring fuel fed to the second stage. Weight in Mum orbit, 20.5 Kerbal tons plus the weight of the spent second stage with a nearly full thruster tank.

The Apollo Probe made Mum orbit with fuel to spare in its third stage. That was the result of a better launch and more precise Mum insertion. Weight in Mum orbit, 31 Kerbal tons

Edited by SRV Ron