What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

After a week building the ship to Duna, today I arrive and descent the two space planes, one to Duna and the other to Ike

3gw7.png

This was the ship when I leave Kerbin. 186t of ship with space for 13 kerbals, the two space planes have 3 seats, and command module have 7 seats.

b6nk.png

Hey, this ain't a popularity contest (at least in this thread)! It's "What did you do in KSP today?" :D

Sure, others might have done it, but that's no reason to not feel some pride in your accomplishment. Good job! I remember well how it felt the first time I dropped a vehicle down there. And the second, and the third. You know what, I dropped like twelve different things on that kerbal-hating planet until I actually got a rover to survive the landing.

Pretty sure the neighbors thought I'd just won the lottery or something that night.

So yeah, good job, and don't dismiss your accomplishment just because somebody else did it first. After all, that doesn't stop the Chinese, now does it? :D

Oh I am happy, considering most of the other tries at this has ended up crashing into the surface at a rate of speed. Actually everyone has been very nice on here in helping other users from what I have seen, to also just being positive to what the newer players have done.

Silly slopped hill nearly tipped this thing over, but I turned off SAS as soon as it hit the ground and held D with all the might my finger could muster....that sounded a lot dirtier than I intended it too :sticktongue:

Launched the upgraded Sh'tuule (now with motorised wheels and apostrophes,) in its B configuration, to set up a cheap Dres mission.

The rest of the space program has been focused on base building, the probe would be small and cheap.

JGMfMkR.png

The vessel was accelerated to near Kerbin escape speed, then the probe deployed. Then it slowed down again, so they wouldn't spend more time in space than they had air for.

Po739w7.png

On the way down, bits of wing started to go "poof"

uAIajpU.png

Collided with the launchpad somehow. That can't be right.

VghHZQW.png

Albart Kerbin got going really fast...

screenshot30_zps600a80c0.png One of the few jets I have designed capable of getting the vapor trails.. The only one that ever managed plasma trails as well (though the engine burned out 2 seconds later)...

Then he had to eject

screenshot31_zps819bb151.png

And now that he will soon be recovered timed to redesign the plane to make it easier to fly.

screenshot32_zpsf6da83be.png

I have been playing around with aircraft again:

This turns out to be a lovey little thing. . . flies really nicely and very maneuverable

867C16ECA52A5297F8D5CBF4F795936A9149D76F

At the other end of the scale this is the largest plane I have ever made and the first time I've really used the MkIII parts

Not big by other peoples standards but I was pleased to get it off the ground, needed a plane that could fly 3 kerbs around!

8E1A5CCAF910B9E7D2F268DBCE726F08479E455C

More experimenting with KW Rocketry.

The 21 ton payload Service Module;

k9KiAp1.jpg

The 4 ton single capsule design;

kXBvmxg.jpg

The suborbital Launcher; The small SRBs add an extra push during the first 30 seconds to aid the low thrust engines in use.

NfwNkK8.jpg

The orbital launch vehicle. It will put the Service Module into a 150K+ orbit. Launch weight 230 tons

QKYbCaF.jpg

The orbital launch vehicle for the single Kerbal design. Also, has fuel left in the second stage for orbit. Weight 63 tons

MLmJR6K.jpg

One note with KW Rocketry, engines cannot be stitched to the fuel tanks. Like the Nova Punch ones, big designs will fall apart on the launch pad unless stitched together.

Like Mainsail Engines, a small fuel can is needed under some engines to prevent overheating.

Edited by SRV Ron

the small side open and close like doors so u open and you open the cam arms and close the doors @ homes ar in side for 8 kerbels the side with out solar pannels can open close too so you can put kerbels in

@ the command Station the top ProcFairing hides a 350gm Sat

the mods i use

AIES

B9

RemoteTeck 2

SCANsat

Mechjeb2

ProcFairings

i can remove the scanning and mach if you like so you dont need all the addons

her a pic all open

ZOoVfug.jpg

Edited by Spooks

I'm toying around with airplanes as well. Following a month of failed spaceplanes designs, I decided it's high time to go back to the basics... ^^'

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/kJvmG/embed"></iframe>

Today I made my first rover called Roller. It is far from perfect right now as it was kind of tipsy on Kerbin, was even more so on Duna. However the deployment drone worked greater than expected, with all chutes open on Duna I was down to 6.3m/s on landing. Combined with a bit of thrust I was down to 3 m/s, not bad for just guessing what I needed to land. Also my approach to Duna was not Ideal as I came in at the poles :D

2zq2.png

47wt.png

hnp8.png

I put a seat on there so I could give the Kerbals somewhere to sit if they wanted to go for a drive, however it moves near 30m/s downhills and is hard to slow down.