What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

So far this morning was do more fine tuning to the space station I am designing. First thing I did was add another habitation module, although this one is empty right now for testing purposes. Second part of the of the process so far was deciding on keeping or dropping the single nuke engine that was on the craft. While it will remain on the build screen craft I think once it is orbit it will be released to float away. Last bit was deciding to put a tug on to the station, this will be used for rescue mission in the depths of space. Also by doing this I will not have to launch another craft, I can just switch and go on the rescue mission. As the need for larger tugs is needed the smaller one will be replace, or maybe a new piece will be added to the station. Here is a picture of the nuke motor being decoupled from the station, and where the tug will be placed until it is needed for a mission.

934c.png

Finally managed to make a plane get into the air.

Landing,however, isn't working as well.

odds are, if it can take off, it can land, it's just a matter of trying to keep your horizontal speed around 100 mp/s or slower, but not too slow because you want your vertical to be real slow, try to touch with your back wheels first. Gotta alternate inbetween cutting your engine and turning it on at like 10% thrust

Very first thing I have build in .23 was a SSTO to check on all that fuss about the new engine... well, it works very fine, literally just strapped an engine on a fuel tank with wings and a cockpit and jeb made it up to a perfectly round 80km orbit with enough fuel for a mun visite, prolly not including a landing though.

odds are, if it can take off, it can land, it's just a matter of trying to keep your horizontal speed around 100 mp/s or slower, but not too slow because you want your vertical to be real slow, try to touch with your back wheels first. Gotta alternate inbetween cutting your engine and turning it on at like 10% thrust

This is half true. My first plane I made had a slight malfunction at takeoff, the landing gear came off. there was a random bump, or maybe I was going too fast, and it blew the back 2 off. I was lucky enough I was able to pull it up into the air to avoid making a big boom on the runway. I "landed" it in the water losing all but the cockpit, it was fun in its own way though.

Well I got everything attached on my space station on my testing save, now I just need to get it over to my main save that I use for youtube and get it all back up into orbit. I also now have a bit of a "story" to go along with why the KSC division has been ramping up missions to other planets as well, more on this once I do the start of the space station video. I think I will try and do that on the 24th.

Side note, how do you make sure a Kerbal does not get resurrected?

found me an easter egg on the lab module XD

n4yp.png

those numbers on the top of the module? NORAD Tracking ID Numbers for Zarya Module and MIR Space Station or 1998 067A and 1986 017A respectively. the hint for this is directly BELOW the numbers at the modules bottom edge ISS and the Russian Characters :)

found me an easter egg on the lab module XD

-picture-

those numbers on the top of the module? NORAD Tracking ID Numbers for Zarya Module and MIR Space Station or 1998 067A and 1986 017A respectively. the hint for this is directly BELOW the numbers at the modules bottom edge ISS and the Russian Characters :)

Wow that's interesting, its like how the Communotron-88 has the launch date of Sputnik 1 on it.

Wow that's interesting, its like how the Communotron-88 has the launch date of Sputnik 1 on it.

it does? now I gotta go look XD

EDIT: yup XD S1 04101957 Sputnik 1 April 10, 1957 ALSO note the 0X62656570 in ASCII it spells BEEP lol <had to look that one up lol>

wondering now what other fun historic tidbits are hiding on our gear :)

Edited by AlamoVampire

I just pulled a HUGE 'MaxMaps' coming back from Minmus.

I lowered my periapsis a bit lower than planned to -55km. No real problem as I don't use deadly re-entry. I engaged high timewarp to get back to Kerbin faster. The timewarp might have been a bit too extreme. In no time flat Kerbin filled my screen and before I was able to get back to normal time I was already back in outer space, close to Minmus' orbital path.

Bad day yesterday - the Ranger Fox mission ran out of gas at 200 m/s and 5,000 m over Vall, and then essentially the same thing happened with the Ranger Able mission over Dres. That's the third time the Able mission has failed, so it looks like yet another redesign is in order. May go ahead and take the time to care what the Fox says too.

Sent the first ATLAST probe off to Eve. Note to self: when the maneuver node vector is straight down, DON'T BURN. The result will generally be pretty spectacular. Ultimately did send a Sandstone probe off to Eve and it arrived successfully - probes now around every body in the system except Bop.

Sent a Storax Sedan to Duna; botched the landing badly enough to put one of the two Hellhounds on the planet upside down. There's just enough gravity on Duna that righting it again is probably going to take a pretty steep hill. At least the other one arrived intact and is usable.

COMPLETED MY FIRST EVER SUCESSFUL MANNED INTERPLANETARY MISSION. my space craft "Eisenhower 1" launched from kerbin, nerva-ed to Duna, aerobraked in Duna atmosphere, with a minor adjustment to reach Ike orbit. then I landed on Ike Apollo style. did my SCIENCE, then managed to re dock with the command module. eva my science to command module, drop the lander, left Ike retrograde so to catch a Duna grav assist. burned back to Kerbin and had only 2.4 liquid fuel left when i re-entered Kerbin atmosphere. MOST EXCITING MISSION EVER (all stock career btw) :D