What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Yours and a couple other forum threads were the references I used for my attempt. Since my TWR are still reasonable (.25 to .45), I decided to only split it in two, which allowed me to have the intermediary eliptical orbital period being a multiple (4) of the initial orbit, which makes placing the nodes really easy.

That allowed me to have the "leading" ship establish its eliptical orbit 8 [300x300] orbits before departure time, then have the others follow 4 orbits later: targetting the leading one, making these really easy to plan with regular manoeuver nodes too. This way you only do the hard work once.

And since I'm very relunctant on mods (i have KAC because I just can't do without) I did the ejection angle manually, but I know preciseNode would have helped me.

SnWhcXk.jpg

Hi! My name is Derbro Kerman, and I'm here to introduce you to...

The Condor!

frO4HIuh.jpg

The Condor is a mid-tier aircraft, uniquely built into a two point five meter form factor. Comfortably seats eight!

xtv0YSgh.jpg

The very pinnacle of safety-conscious engineering, the Condor comes fully equipped with training wheels Hi-tech outboard landing gear, to prevent accidental rollovers! Not to imply the Condor would ever roll over on landing!

lPyknjth.jpg

As you can see here, the Condor's quad-turbojet engines provide plenty of power for an exhilarating ride!

1edbvXyh.jpg

Remarkably maneuverable! Not at all terrifyingly slippery!

qY87hech.jpg

Landing is the most terrifying experience I've ever encountered a dream!

YQ0udYI.jpg

Includes our patented "Rapid Unloading Technology" for those busy crewmen!

9aPX7nDh.jpg

"I'm Commander Jebediah Kerman, and this is my favorite aircraft on the cita...err... at KSC!"

oOB2VXEh.jpg

Also available in cargo transport configuration!

q5iezh1h.jpg

Since your time is important to us, we've also integrated our Rapid Unloading Technol

3BfI50Nh.jpg

Arrived at Duna. The aerobraking there is quite different from the kerbin one... Scary how low you have to get.... (even though i used an online calculator to have an clue of where to aim) Good thing it is short enough, because some of my ships were coming in pretty close to one another.

First experiment: Deploy the Ion Glider!

dki9xgb.png

So this flies quite well (as designed), and was even able to sustain 500 m/s at 10K during the descend on ion power only. Duna is really fun to fly, except for the complete lack of control authority... :D

But it's way way too slippery, and there's no way I can land this thing on Duna rugged terrain! (yeah, it's a monocycle gear, so it doesn't help....)

After crashing a couple of times, I realized that this happens to have a TWR of about 1.02. So I can vertical land it! (launch into a climb, get a vertical trajectory, stall, full powered retrograde hold until touch down). I've already done two of the four seismic reading the glider was designed for this way. Hopefully my backup rovers won't be needed.

Now, I've got a Xenon tanker drone capable of dropping and returning to orbit for surface refiling, but i'm way less confident it will work...

I'm driving from location to location for seismic surveys on the Mun, in a rover. It takes an incredibly long time.

I had to load an autosave I made just before going into one of the craters, because I wasn't sure if I could make it out again. I wasn't able to.

Looks like I'll have to visit that location last and EVA-pack my way back to the moon base. If there's more locations I can't drive out of then I'm not sure what I'll do honestly.

I decided to build a concorde. This was my first test flight, I can't believe how well it handles!

ySFbsp1.png

ZV7GD5h.png

AG2Pqrp.png

I'm a little unhappy about the nose, but I'm not sure how to emulate the downward pointing nose of the concorde.

Edit: hectic reentry effects as it gets pushed to the limit.

Bl9qoBk.png

Edited by Bay23

Finally got my first shuttle working properly. Took 25 builds (mostly minor changes) and countless launches. Should've downloaded hyperedit. More frustrating than engineering the craft was discovering the many limitations that exist in the editor, which I never really noticed before. Action groups are somewhat limiting as well. I finally got all the thrust limiters set correctly and figured out when they needed to be changed, and got into orbit, though admittedly I brute forced it a bit with two giant reaction wheels on the main booster. It's also not even close to stock, I have both Modular Rocket Systems and Novapunch installed, it uses parts from both. It lands ok, but the drogue chutes are giving me fits. They insist on deploying a split-second apart from one another, which leads to veering off the runway. I might have to get rid of them or cut it down to a single chute.

"Eagle" Shuttle Orbiter Mark I

PH9zUQm.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edited by Randazzo

Jeb "Jetman" Kerman's custom Mobile Lunch Platform!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Our KSP facepork group posted a wingsuit, so I made a smaller one powered by a 35cm mini aerospike from the Sounding Rockets mod. There's about 5 minutes of fuel for the tiny rocket on low throttle.

Not tested yet, due to busy work schedule. But wingsuit checks out perfect in FAR.

Today I came up with crazy idea to bulid a Mecha titan (A big one) and destroy the ksc. FOR FUN! and Science! :cool:

And thats it. I dont how bulid it and use it. I know mods like Tweakedit and Infernal Robotics and all that stuff But I have no idea to make it. :P

And have a great day!

Leave a comment about what did you do today! :D

Landed this little supply drone near my base because I had forgotten to bring some of the EPL stakes, tried to use the workshop because I didn't want to send a drone and the workshop was there, however, the workshop is broken for some reason, so, I had to send the drone anyway.

screenshot57_zpswulidlvb.png

I decided Eeloo didn't have enough furrows in it. So…

My ionExplorHer

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-9.50.36-PM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-9.50.56-PM.jpg

Sent it to Eeloo

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-10.24.19-PM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-10.33.38-PM.jpg

It looks like a nice vacation spot…

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-10.39.11-PM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-10.43.55-PM.jpg

Uhhhh, coming in too faaaaaasstt!

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-10.54.13-PM.jpg

Splat. A new trench on Eeloo. Call me a Creationist.

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-10.55.26-PM.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-04-08-at-10.55.25-PM.jpg

Spoiler Alert! This post contains pictures of an easter egg. You´ve been warned.

So... I´ve been fooling around again.

A long, long time ago I set myself the challenge to launch a Kerbal into orbit from the easter egg launchpad. Not because it was easy, but beca... okok, I shut myself up.

This was the craft I´ve been using for the job:

5lddXRR.png

"But Mü. that´s just a one man rocket. That´s not complicated!" you say. Yeah, I get it. The voices in my head were telling me the same.

So I remembered an idea I had for a cargo plane (idea came from a pic I found somewhere on the net) and started building.

So here is the Flatonov FL-11 rocket delivery system:

5q0mRPo.png

Capable of carrying a 3 man rocket for a few hundred kilometers. That should do.

And here is how this little adventure went:

And now, after this shameless last exploit of the old aero system, I allow 1.0 to be released ;)

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to KerrMü again"

Absolutely fantastic work, just great!

I've been experimenting with solids again in order to create a series of early-career economical boosters. The more I play with the rt-10's and bacc's the better these parts seem. They can do early crewed flights and interplanetary probes (with a liquid kick stage). Also if you cluster 7 bacc's you get a cheap and cheerful first stage for larger boosters, only needing a short tank Skipper stage to do the rest of the work of getting a payload out of the atmosphere.

Edited by DunaRocketeer