What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Been away from KSP for an (Earth) week and forgot I had left the Usual Suspects exploring the Mun in a RoLander. This one is the Mk4, 42tonne balanced payload+fuel+payload version. Anyway, I thought I had better bring them home. Here Bob is checking the ascent engines, Bill has been making sure the remaining supplies are safely stowed in the aft hitchhiker and Jeb... Well, Jeb is getting a bit impatient to be home so Bill & Bob have strapped him to the exterior seat so he doesn't 'accidentally' press any buttons in the command pod while they are on EVA

IQALhzzh.png

Everyone on board and Up She Goes:

eAMzsjwh.png

After an uneventful re-entry they are safely back on Kerbin and I can start getting ready for 1.0!

Finally completed Sarsaparilla Depot, just in the nick of time! Asteroid Beef Stew is the biggest I've ever wrestled with, a D class, and the depot itself is one of the largest orbital facilities I've made. Once 1.0 rolls around I'm going to upgrade it with mining equipment and a refinery. It's going to be a hot destination for ships heading to interplanetary space. Never hurts to top off your fuel!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Having only recently started a game in Beta I guess I'm not going to get that far before version 1.0 comes out. Thanks to a visual/temperature/gravimetric scan mission on Mun I've made it quite a long way through the tech tree without even visiting Minimus. Currently got a scansat prone mapping minimus and am putting together a big expedition to Minimus. This is my Kerbin station in the middle, with a 16 seater tug on the right, smaller 4 kerbal transfer vehicle on the bottom, and the beginnings of the Minimus station on the top, docked via the Minimus lander. Need to add a lab and a big fuel tank and then the tug can transfer it with 20 level 1 trained kerbals to Minimus to get them to all plant a flag for extra training.

screenshot16.png

Been away from KSP for an (Earth) week and forgot I had left the Usual Suspects exploring the Mun in a RoLander. This one is the Mk4, 42tonne balanced payload+fuel+payload version. Anyway, I thought I had better bring them home. Here Bob is checking the ascent engines, Bill has been making sure the remaining supplies are safely stowed in the aft hitchhiker and Jeb... Well, Jeb is getting a bit impatient to be home so Bill & Bob have strapped him to the exterior seat so he doesn't 'accidentally' press any buttons in the command pod while they are on EVA

http://i.imgur.com/IQALhzzh.png

Everyone on board and Up She Goes:

http://i.imgur.com/eAMzsjwh.png

After an uneventful re-entry they are safely back on Kerbin and I can start getting ready for 1.0!

Sounds like that Rover just made its last successful reentry. The new atmosphere and heating effects aren't going to allow for that kind of thing any more. #mixedfeelings

First time in a long time I had another object visit another planet:

1881BEB6077452F02C99230C0C2673172382BEC5

And to stay as moltan slag with an impact creater going about 1600 m/s at impact:

36DB06F2EADAE0067D6CD0F183772BBA35CE8E3C

Also found out that the Gilly contract appears when you return science from around Duna. A bit late I know.

Sadly my comp went out of action today and likely won't be back up till sometime next week. Today was going to be the last day I really had time to sink into KSP before 1.0 is released which means that I won't be able to finish my Duna return mission.

Gives me something to look forward to in 1.0 thoug

Sounds like that Rover just made its last successful reentry

Only the command pod reenters (there's a decoupler just behind it). The rest of the rover is just for ascent, return & deorbit and burns up. Not very economical but brings the whole craft home and doesn't leave any debris on the Mun.

Been playing for a few months and just getting the hang of orbital maneuvers. My last hurrah before 1.0, I had contracts for science around Mun, science around Minmus, Satellite in specific Minmus orbit. Built a ship only for the Mun contract (not thinking ahead) but had enough fuel when I got there to set up a completely unintended slingshot back around Kerbin and out to Minmus. Got to Minmus orbit, sent data, 2nd contract fulfilled. Had enough fuel left to do a five step correction out to the satellite orbit. BAM... 3rd contract fulfilled!

Pretty proud of myself. Previous major achievement was a terrible probe orbit around Eve. Can't wait for 4/27!

Only the command pod reenters (there's a decoupler just behind it). The rest of the rover is just for ascent, return & deorbit and burns up. Not very economical but brings the whole craft home and doesn't leave any debris on the Mun.

Cool design!

I managed to fix the screenshot issue and so here is a picture of the Kerbal Empire's most recent large station design. It currently has one old design fuel pod attached to it as I don't want to waste any precious fuel.

2015-04-17_00001.jpg

The two things in hanging off the station in the foreground are 1 old style construction tug and 1 new style construction tug (with the grappling claw facing outward, it came in handy wrangling the new style fuel pod into position). The new fuel pod is not very visible as it is behind the docking control tower on the right.

The power station has an jettison system in case of overload, but it is still much more compact than the old one (IE: fewer parts).

The ring of lights is on the science station. The T shaped structure is a docking terminal. This station will house 16 Kerbals in comfort. Nobody has to sleep in their workstations.

I sent this all up in cargo cage structures. I don't know how that will work with the new aerodynamic system. I hope I can still find a way to bring them up.

Edited by BDelacroix

Did a little rovering on Minmus to finish the tech tree on one of my old saves.....may have exceeded the wheel speed limit on the way down from the highlands. On the other hand the inline reaction wheel really kept the rover stable during the slide out and having a level three engineer on board helped.

speedrun1_zpsany7lfmw.jpg

I thought posted too soon... figured this out five minutes later...

seperated servo controls and add a ride on viewing chair...much better for BK.

Now if only the optics worked....

screenshot4.png

Did some more Duna related contracts. Now have a colony while 0.90 lasts Group photo of the colonists and one of Ike high above:

DF5620287131852D9D2C8758A60535E4E39A1F38

4E57D4410DAFCFC8FAA85B5815E34427679A28D5

I enjopy this science fun as well as slowly finishing up my Duna and Eve missions:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/544150537478726532/A185BA35A74CC23578792527B4401DDE02FA3184/

Just the list of Kerbals living on Duna:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/544150537478706455/4FE10B70DA11E90FED351699518BAFF1F3B6144B/