What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I saved a group of brave Kerbals who were stranded in orbit around Kerbin because I didn't put enough fuel into their ship to make the touchdown on the moon and leave. I saved them using the RCS to adjust orbit from 2000 Km to 60 Km and then dropping them into the planet, using RCS to slow the drop enough to not tear off the parachutes.

Wow. Kudos for that, man. Docking is fun as it is, but docking when you have to juggle the attitude controls of two separate things? Oy!

I confess that in the end I needed assistance from mechjeb to stabilise the target craft. Trying to dock two moving craft was just too much, especially as I was moving the craft around using thrust-vectoring curtosy of the docking washers from Infernal Robotics.

_b1e687aa2e0c429e94e308056582e73a

I confess that in the end I needed assistance from mechjeb to stabilise the target craft. Trying to dock two moving craft was just too much, especially as I was moving the craft around using thrust-vectoring curtosy of the docking washers from Infernal Robotics.

Mad props. I wonder if I can use mechjeb to help with the aerial docking of my two airplanes.

I JUST WON AT EVERYTHING! :cool:

But seriously, after a rather stop-and-start effort at a VTHL Klipper-style spaceplane, I managed something incredible.

Using a parachute, said space plane, deployed landing gear, and an LV-909, I managed to land on and drive up the side of the VAB. I'm going to see if I can replicate this for the screenshot potential. Also science.

I made a nice lander that I plan to take to Eve sometime in the future. But mostly I've been working on my mission generator again now that a financial issue that caused me to lose $35k is over and done with.

UnWDNBt.jpg

Final assembly, fuel section, Valkyrie-class Intra-planetary craft. The singles attached to the side are basically tugboats. Engines, tons of probes/landers, and primary crew section coming next (once I decide what that's going to look like)

Today I successfully docked two thrust-vectored VTOLs in air :D. Aning Kerman was speachless!

[impressive images]

Just when i was wondering if this was even possible...

Yesterday, i built a moonlander and a seperate ´ground mobility unit´ (read: automated rover-base with docking module for a lander). Plan A is to be able to choose weather to land on the mun with either or both at once. Plan B is to be able to first send the ´GMU´ and land the lander on top of it, later. And during test preperation (the only part of testing my kerbals usually go through, skipping the rest of the test-phase, like, you know, going from thinking about test-procedures to actually executing them) i asked myself if what you did here was actually do-able. Thx for the answer!

Sent a probe to Jool via Laythe slingshot. It landed, fell through the surface, and was crushed by extreme pressure.

VTMOnMi.jpg

HwoSVYr.jpg

Note booster also floating down to the upper left.

K1XlT6e.jpg

The borderline between reality and reflection of some sort of surface,

vozQ6EP.jpg

Below the surface.

dyG6FOd.jpg

Crushed by extreme pressure.

Xr1Vmz8.jpg

The report

6VHHKik.jpg

Today (in fact yesterday :-) ) i started a trip to the jool system with my 600 ton cruiser Flaggship II. I tried a slingshot at mun... and it almost ended in a fatal crash. Noone told me, there are so high mountains on the mun. :-D

german commented (!) video of the almost-desaster:

Have fun!

My attempt at a full-crew (I did the single Kerbal-Scott-Manley-Style already, but this one's "for real") Mun landing has started!

Apollo 9 at the launch platform. Yes, there have been various other missions before, mostly ship trials, and two missions that got aborted while orbiting Mun as there was no fuel to get to the surface and make it back in orbit (let alone back to Kerbin). Yes, there's no lander; that one was launched a little while earlier and will dock once in orbit. And a spare lander is already on it's way to Mun!

p1753124252-3.jpg

Night time ascents are so awesome!

p1767199735-3.jpg

The cracker jack crew (nobody less than Jebidiah, Bill & Bob!) docked with the lander and are ready to get underway. They made it into a 35km circular orbit last night, but then I was tired and went to sleep. I'd rather be fresh for the landing!

p1782579429-3.jpg

Last night I attempted to build new boosters for the JSS Mun Station someone posted as a challenge a few weeks ago and one for my Barn Burners. The JSS came in at over 800 parts and I'm already running KSP on a below minimum box at it is, so I didn't even attempt a launch. The Barn Burner booster was fairly solid, it just didn't have enough delta-V as it turned out. Since I need that one working before I can make any renewed attempts at interplanetary missions, I'll be attempting a rebuild tonight. Provided the weather cooperates for once.

Getting irritated at the Castle Romeo. KER insists there's enough thrust to make it into orbit on the booster in the VAB and promptly changes its story once I get it on the launch pad. Since I haven't successfully gotten the Romeo into orbit without cannibalizing fuel from the payload yet, guess which set of numbers I'm apt to believe?

Continuing work on my KSP-inspired card game; initial card editing is complete.

Edited by capi3101

I was trying to fly the Kerbal X without mechjeb or any kind of numbers to tell me my delta-v and everything went more-or-less flawlessly (I didn't want to make a round trip anyway...) until I was about to land. The parachute deploys right on time, but the ship isn't stopping! Well, I crashed into duna.

I was forced to push back operation Snow Cone (kethane mining on Duna's southern pole) due to an unexplained explosion on the mobile drills skycrane.

I forgot to check the debug for why it exploded, I can only guess that it happened due to a rather rough (putting it lightly) docking procedure with a fuel satellite while trying to get enough fuel to land.

I don't really know what to call the thing I just built. A VTOL mobile launch platform? A reusable jet engine first stage? Stupidly brilliant? Or just plain stupid?

I slapped together the first prototype, estimated it could lift a 100 ton rocket about 12km in the air, and naturally smacked an existing 300 ton rocket on top and hoped for the best. And it actually worked :0.0:

Definitely one to file under "I can't believe that worked!?!"

BnOz3I2.jpg

It's very haphazardly put together in case you couldn't tell

YkO7Fgi.jpg

Spooling up and getting rid of excess fuel

8m3e9JM.jpg

Going up ... slooowlyy

e9RlK2v.png

Sadly it got destroyed while decoupling due to my timing and shoddy design. It also took out a few engines of the rocket, but those weren't that important anyway.

Launching a rescue mission to Duna to rescue Jeb, Bill and Tomemy. They're just sitting in orbit right now, completely out of fuel. I've got 2 transfer stages coming to push both the lander and command module back to Kerbin.

Took a break from figuring out how to save operation Snow Cone, built a very Jeb type craft...

screenshot3_zps29e6ff0b.png

He seems to be having a rather good time though its a bit like trying to fly a pogo stick...

screenshot4_zps42881ca7.png

Edit- Decided to finish Operation SnowCone, also finally got imagur so I could start doing whole albums rather than one picture at a time...

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by annallia