What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Not sure what the point is in caging a dead kraken :)

I would have taken some samples to see how good it is sauteed with butter and salt. Maybe garlic.

We all know the Kraken is not dead, merely sleeping, and when she wakes she mustn't be able to threaten our Kerbals. As for calamari, I've never been much of a fan of squid, I prefer chicken. Now if you know of any space chickens...

I performed my first ever rendezvous and docking today! Tried to keep it relatively simple and just sent up a big orange tank to refuel the station I'd put into orbit a week or so ago.

Of course the first attempt went a bit wrong as I passed the target before I matched orbits and missed the intersect, so I adjusted my orbit to above the target and let it catch back up to me then somehow managed to get it right by accident and blind luck!

2013-08-10_00001.jpg

2013-08-10_00003.jpg

I actually got a lot done today! I sent a few Kerbals on an adventure to the Mun, I sent a probe to Moho and will shortly dive it into the sun, I sent a satellite/probe lander ship to Eeloo, and I refuelled Ascension Station.

The gang fooling around on the Neil Armstrong memorial:

SmWjnlW.jpg

PX-500 Sundiver in orbit over Moho:

VMnerAo.jpg

PX-600 Infinity splitting in two over Eeloo:

EagUvNB.jpg

And a resupply ship flying up to Ascension Station, passing over my space center's mass driver:

8jnVycP.jpg

Whackjob, what brand of supercomputer are you stealing time on?

I'm not. That's the heck of the thing. I'm using a laptop with a processor that predates the i3 family. One of those core 2 duo quad extreme laughable things. Hold on, lemmie get my DXDIAG info.

It's an "Intel® Core2 Extreme CPU Q9300 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz" with 8GB RAM. That's it. I know many of you have better than that.

Also:

b53zbsn.png

I [redacted] DID IT!

#EDIT: I'm celebrating so hard, I woke up my family, scared the pet bird, and had the neighbors check in to see if something was going on that might need to have the cops involved. They gave me a weird look and left. They just don't know any better.

#EDIT2: My hands are shaking. I gotta chill for a bit before I try something like a Munar landing, if I have the fuel for it. I'm skeptical. I'm gonna sit down with a fresh pot of coffee and chug until I'm under control of myself again.

Edited by Whackjob

So the space kraken developed an obsession with de-orbiting my retrograde communications station. I decided to move to a more stable configuration. So instead of two stations flanking Kerbin in its solar orbit, I have three stations in an equilateral triangle at the edge of Kerbin's SOI.

3am9YgB.png

I'm really, really starting to like atomic engines. They stretch fuel to wonderful lengths. I'm going in for a landing on the Mun now. I really don't think I'll have fuel enough to land, but then again, I didn't think I'd have fuel enough to get into Munar orbit. The Arkingthaad lander continues to surprise me.

But, either way, it's going down to the surface. Even a nice sized crater I will count a success. I don't even have crew on board... was just expecting to do an engine shakedown that I'd utilize the metaphorical Kentucky Windage from.

#EDIT: I might be able to make it! I'll have to use the atomic engines almost all the way down, but I *might* just pull this off!

Edited by Whackjob

RcWG5dy.png

What can I say? It took me three times, and I had to use the atomics up until the last second, but I landed it. Hands shaking again. I honestly thought it would be days and days of tweaking before I got this far. This is by far my greatest challenge and greatest victory.

#EDIT: Recorded the landing. That's going on youtube.

Took the LCLS 01 on a trip to the mun with Adny Kerman.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I had previously done munar flybys but had never orbited with this vehicle. I am pretty happy with it and it is a great improvement to my 0.18 shutle. The LClS 01 is all stock but i did use a vab glitch to get 5-way symettry on the ET's engines.

Edited by xub313

(images public on facebook - not sure if they work: link https://www.facebook.com/dr.julien/media_set?set=a.10151507056005566.1073741829.623630565&type=1)

The Duna Mission - because we can.

:cool:

Day #45: After a long voyage and detours, the ISP (Inner system probe) arrives at Duna and notices its strange moon. The periapsis was 23 km, enough to sample the thin atmosphere and take readings. No sand worms were spotted, so the manned mission will proceed!

970321_10151507056105566_607948258_n.jpg

:sealed:

The SNM (Service Nuclear Module) is sent to the KSS to refuel. It's 3 nuclear rockets should easily send the mission to Duna and back. The SNM was piloted at headquarters by RCMP (Remote Control Mission Pilot) Sophia Kerman who later commented: "I'm happy to be part of the mission - this is the closest I can be to be a true astronaut, for obvious reasons!", she laughed.

1150422_10151507061880566_2089574888_n.jpg

:0.0:

Docking was simple for the pilot who have built this station; Huge unstable modules that require 2, sometimes 4, simultaneous ports. SNM refueled and left the station for a lower obit, waiting for the other modules. Stuart Kerman of GB (Glorified Butlers) has embarked on the storage bay of SNM. He will take care of logistics during the mission.

543853_10151507066905566_1139633801_n.jpg

:confused:

The Lander Module is launched, manned by the 3 famous cosmonauts of the USA (United Space of Astronauts). Fun fact: In their vanity the USA members call themselves "Astronauts" for short, even though astronauts may belong to other groups and making others furious. On launch day, fuel calculations could not be made; all mathematicians of Mission Control called in sick simultaneously (what are the odds?). Crew member Jebediah Kerman (USA) said: "Fill 'er up! - just to be sure." His teammate Bob wondered who made him in charge, but 'Jeb' continued: "We spare no expense. I would not be so stupid and be stingy on a space program.". Bill agreed: "Good point. And he's an idiot!". And they were off.

1002508_10151507082705566_1777966532_n.jpg

:D

Final Launch stage: The ABS (Abort Bailing Structure) tower is ejected after the initial dangerous stages. The ABS can save lives if something goes wrong by pulling the capsule away from the exploding rockets. After reaching space, the structure is ejected and flies towards the horizon. A reader asks on ‪#‎AskJeb‬ : "Where do the ABS towers end up after ejection?". Jebediah Kerman answers: "Simple! They are dumped in a parallel universe where all launch have a catastrophic failure and they can be useful and happy."

531856_10151507130325566_204625570_n.jpg

:0.0:

Finally in orbit, we can see the lander has two rovers and various equipment. The crew take the time to address the media and present themselves on this important mission.

Jebediah: "I am Jeb Kerman and I hope we find sand worms on Duna."

Bob: "This is Bob Kerman, same name, but no relation with Jeb..."

Bill: "Is this too late to call in sick like the mission control guys?"

Thank you for your service, gentlemen!

535824_10151507140660566_844746374_n.jpg

Stay tuned for more updates ~

I took my MKD (Mobile Kethane Drill) out for a quick spin on Kerbin to make sure it could drive, and that everything worked.

screenshot35_zps3d9432a3.png

Now to figure out how to launch it... I am thinking of dropping the winch on the command pods nose and adding a docking port, building a rocket under that. Then designing a large skycrane that can dock on the top docking port to land it.

Then all I have to do is build a mobile Kethane storage rig, Mobile generator rig, Mobile converter rig....

I recently downloaded Kethane and KAS, and I've been having a grand time prototyping fuel trucks and refineries on the Mun while I wait for the next Moho and Eeloo transfer windows to open up. Both of those missions received a redesign with Kethane scanners for future manned missions.

No pictures today. :(

Started a new save today. Since I play with RemoteTech and Figaro GPS I set up a double duty constellation first:

BjokIqu.jpg

Came out pretty nicely in my opinion. Took quite long to get the orbital periods and inclinations sorted (since I don't use mechjeb). All orbits contain 3 sats spaced evenly and have a period of 3 hours exactly.

Next up is a ring with 6 interstellar com probes so I can start expanding into the rest of the system and a smaller constellation around the Mun where I'll set up my primary kethane mining base.