What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Um. Research Precision Propulsion. Install Kerbal Alarm Clock. Research fairings.

With 10% science, 20% gold that's difficult to get :P. But why precision propulsion can't seem to have anything that holds true value.

@aerodynamic shape: well it's actually still very sleek, going higher makes the world collapse before it launches also I want to keep the tripod engine at end as that's my landing gear (no true landing gear unlocked). As said I've tested both with and without the nosecones: and found that without I'm actually more efficient this way. Heck I tested using cones together with decouplers...

I could maybe reduce the amount of engines in stage 4 from 3 to two. But that would almost bring the TWR of that stage to 1 - and that stage is meant for the attitude directional control, so still fighting against gravity. It might be better to bring more umph directly at start, having a higher TWR there so I actually do not move only 100 m/s when the first stage burns up.

Well it wasn't technically IN KSP, but... on a whim I made a flag for my latest space organization savegame.

http://i.imgur.com/GXMjtdA.png

I hope it shows up and works in-game.

Edit: It DOES work! Mega-yay!

How does one design your own patches/flags?... :?

Over the weekend I returned my Minmus & Mun Orbital stations as their science objectives had been met after ~ 3 years, with the long-range idea that now I might try to dock them to the Kerbin station, more as a practice exercise than anything else. Given I have not yet successfully docked *at all* however, this is very much future business. The per-requisite for this is removing the crews, as a) 3+ years is long enough, and B) it would be far too risky. This being the case, I am attempting to design a "crew bus" to collect as many as 12 Kerbals at a time, however the mock-up has yet to make orbit.

Edited by GarrisonChisholm

RL gave me a run for my money this past weekend, so not a whole lot done in KSP. Friday night saw a redesign of the Fireball 7 craft (now the Fireball 7c) for added delta-V and a transfer stage that'd get it to Mun with all that delta-V still intact. Shot that out towards Mun; Bob is currently en route, with the goal of getting enough sci in this mission to finish out the tech tree. Keeping my fingers crossed there. On Saturday night, I built a booster for my new Naquadah 7 ore hauling craft and shot it into orbit with the intent of sending it to Mun, but I forgot to add batteries; I had to revert that flight to correct that, and while I was adding the batts I decided to go ahead and fix up some structural issues that I noted in the first launch as well. I ended Saturday with a (finally) successful launch of my standard space station core after redesigning the booster so it wouldn't stall and slip so easily. Large ASAS modules work wonders sometimes. The core is now on its way to Mun as well, where its arrival will fulfill a relatively high-paying contract. Finally, last night saw a successful launch of the Naquadah 7 to Mun. It will rendezvous with the Munport space station awaiting the first delivery of materiel from the Munar Wildcat site, which may still be a while in coming - the Munar Wildcat won't arrive at Mun for another four hours, and then Theogel will still have to pick up Verise from Munport before the two of them can head down there...

I really should put up some screenies at some point.

Found that you can not aerobrake asteroids. Wanted to take an empty C-class down from Minmus orbit to LKO, Ap at 35 km, it overheated rappidly then my ship tumbled and I lost the claw, just after the asteroid disintegrated. Ship lost its solar panels and a rcs port in addition to the claw.

Ship is put in parking orbit, it should be possible to repair with KAS if needed, much cheaper than making an new one.

I got the mk2 expansion working, and made some planes using the nuclear engine that comes with that that doesn't need fuel. could have higher thrust, and it does lose a lot of speed in a turn, but it can be good for just concentrating on putting as many bombs as possible on something. Also tried out the f-13 raptor stock plane coming with the mod, and it is epic. although if you yaw you spin out, it is incredibly maneuverable and can get out of it. i span out, and pulled out of it less than a meter from the ground. I was amazed by the fact that I could do that with my mediocreish skills. I almost landed it once as well, but the nose apparently hit the runway and exploded.I made a ground attack version with 228 rockets, but they were all facing backwards :(. I also made a fighter version with 4 hidden vulcan 20mms on the nose, 6 sidewinders, and 2 amrams on the wings. Also, countermeasures. may try and put an AI pilot on one of my other fighter planes and figure it out and try and dogfight it. My money is on the raptor since I'll be piloting it, plus it has missiles and I don't think the other plane does, as well as the fact that I don't know anything about the flight computer and hence the other plane is probably screwed. also, I think the raptor, due to its two thrust vectoring engines, can probably at least turn for longer than the other plane, and maybe tighter, though not sure. I'm kind of psyched for it now that I've been writing about it.

I have collected most of the components for my first off-world base in minmus orbit(well, almost, still need to unlock the fabricator; using Roverdude's USI kolonization system)

My prospective landing site(intersection of Greater flats + midlands) turns out to have everything at 3%+ except substrate, so I need to bring my 'Minmus pusher' vehicle in to prospect for a better site(currently landed on Mun with a 'Rescue + pod' klawed, refueling and loading ore for a contract; planning to drop the pod off in LKO where I have a klaw-pod which will recover it, then push a set of colony components which had to use too much LF to circularize and can't get to Minmus on it's own).

I had forgotten what a drag it is to mine ore with only a 1 star engineer.

One problem I am really worried about is bouncing. My test-base on Kerbin(rather a failure as only water and uranium are above 1% at the test-site) will usually jump into the air whenever it comes within focus causing all the drills to stop working and often breaking things. As I am planning on connecting all my components on Minmus the same way(flexotubes), I am rather expecting that my base will loose critical components any time I try to access it.

Hopefully Joint reinforcement will alleviate this issue(it will supposedly gradually ramp up forces when coming into focus, and that sounds like a probable fix, will need to try it out tonight)

My Jool probe was a complete failure. It did manage to arrive int he Jool system, but after separation from the transfer stage it did not have enough electrical output to run all the engines OR the probe core. An exhaustive investigation placed 100% of the blame on an intern at a sub-sub contractor.

Whatever the hell this is apparently:

FDcEMdm.png

That's supposed to be my manned Dres lander, but apparently the game didn't like it. This is what's left of it in the last quicksave, and it's completely gone in the persistent save.

Between this, random parts overheating and blowing up, random contracts not completing despite meeting all the requirements, and the lousy performance in the latest versions I've pretty much had it with KSP for a while.

Hummm... it must be a day for glitches.

I was up on Minmus, rovering on over to its one Anomaly, when I encountered this...

EakmobX.png

It's a tear in surface of Minmus (and "It's full of stars!" :wink: ), and it's nearly impossible to bridge/jump. I had to detour quite a way down the hillside before it became level enough where I could manage the rover to hop over it. This tear goes on and on for kilometers!

WguJnQ9.png

I did, finally, make it to the Anomaly though. :cool:

czUYbUN.png