What do you name your space agencies?

GalaxyGryphon

Defiance Aerospace - One reason is because it's the name of a faction in a story I'm writing, another because it's Kerbals fighting gravity and vacuum and huge distances to explore brave new worlds, and also because it sounds cool. :D

I have a few purpose space agencies.

ice_flag.png

Institute of Celestial Exploration (ICE) - The governmental body responsible for space exploration. Kinda old hat in these modern times, but they are still the only ones who explore the outer planets. They also have a penchant for really horrible puns in craft names (Dunaverse, Eeloosive, etc.).

cold_flag.png

Coalition of Officious Legal Defenders (COLD) - This used to be a firm of lawyers that would defend ICE when one of their missions failed. Then ICE stopped having failed missions. They recently took over the Kerbin-system operations of the ICE (ie. exploration and discovery). Sometimes they launch joint ICE/COLD missions.

satnet_flag.png

SatNet, Inc. - The satellite launching company. Any permanent satellite around Kerbin, the Mun, or Minmus gets launched by them. ICE and COLD have no interest in telecommunications, and only grudgingly ever let any of their satellites be used for such.

apoapsis_flag.png

Apoapsis Mining Co. - Bob Kerman's Kethane-mining operations. He pretty much fuels any deep-space explorations from his ground base on Minmus. Once resources are officially added to the game, his work will expand considerably.

ev_flag.png

Escape Velocity - The space tourism company. They set up stations and bases around Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus, and let Kerbals with an excess of cash and lack of good sense ride rockets into near space. They do surprisingly well for themselves.

Edited by SkyRender

Default lol.

I should name it....

Federture.

Voyager Labs Aeronautics and Space Administration, Mainly because I named my first Plooto-I and Satellite "Voyager" Because I thought it would never work, But they worked and the name stuck :P

Its been a long time...

Potato Astronautics...

hfrNm4v.png

Be careful, that potato only generates 1.1 volts of electricity, don't fry it. If you stick it on some magnesium it should generate an extra half-volt.

(Portal 2 reference, anyone?)

Anyways mine is named SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

(Another Portal 2 reference, is anyone getting these?)

Nah, I actually have two, Phoenix Aerospace and Infinity Aerospace... I don't know which one to keep... what do you guys think?

Edited by RocketTurtle

New here, and my space agency is just starting. The name is very simple and just a combination of my online name and kerbal, KerBush Space Program. I have yet to make a flag or anything and currently only have one Kerbal orbiting Kerban.

Well my space agency is just called the "Kerbal Space Program"

However, their main contractor is "AmpsterMan Space Craft Industries Incorporated" otherwise known as ASCII

I like this. That would mean my corner of the Kerbal Space Program contracts out to 'Are We There Yet?' Astronautics and Launchpad Demolition Services, LLC.

I use to have two, but now only have one. My first (and excuse the use of a "K") was "Kerminos Aerospace", whose motto was "If the chutes don't open within 30 seconds, then the landing is on us."

My current one is G.E.B.A.H. (Gee-BAH) which stands for "Get Em Back Alive Hopefully.

I currently have three at the moment:

- The NIR (Neat, Interplanetary Ruffians) corporation who currently holds a monopoly on almost all space travel from and around Kerbin. NIR was the first to achieve space flight with their 'Pav7' space capsule and then landed on the Mun with 'NCL-1', a one-person lander. They're not very well liked since, y'know, they're a big corporation and apparently all big corporations are evil. Also, their PR department smells funny.

- Then there's the Beta group. When NIR first landed on the Mun with NCL-1, the region it settled was known as Alpha Site. When they made a second attempt to land, this time with all that was needed to manufacture ships on the Mun, the landing area was known as Beta Site. The colony flourished and eventually declared independence as the Beta group. There's a lot of tension going on between Beta and NIR.

- Lastly, there's Pavonis. The scientists who created the Pav7 capsule and its siblings eventually defected from NIR and started their own SSTO group, Pavonis. Despite their origin, they are in reasonably well standing with both NIR and Beta, and are using the resources of both organizations to create interplanetary ships that will be assembled and launched from the Mun. To further their goals, Pavonis is currently working on a series of SSTOs that will allow transit between Kerbin and the Mun, to ease the tension between NIR and Beta.

So, pretty much, if it's launched from Kerbin, it's NIR. If it's launched from the Mun and intends to be around the Mun, it's Beta. If it's launched from the Mun and goes anywhere, it's Pavonis.

Yay, roleplaying!

Mine is:

"My Universe Space Program"

It kind of sprung to mind when designing flags, because I had named my main world "My Universe"

My second one would be SACK (Spacecraft Approval Center of Kerbin)

This one is basically where I do all my random crap that I don't want to populate my main (serious) world with.

STDC, or Space Technologies Development Corporation. A flourishing private space company, which has yet to build it's first rocket, which will be the Aphrodite MLV. Our slogan is Learning from the past, teaching to the future.

Also, this is an actuall company-check my signature. I am on my iPad, but will edit this post and put in our flag as soon as I can.

I usually go with "Imperial and Royal Space Administration". Sometimes the "Royal Space Colonial Service". Or sometimes the "Cascadian Space Administration". My flag is a mashup of the Cascadian flag and the German Empire's colonial office flag.

mmGSC2d.jpg

+

nvMG1VI.png

=

GwYcl6X.png

Edited by DGatsby

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.