[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

I'm using the latest PWing and NathanKell's fixed DLL and it does not seem to load symmetry. Whenever I load a plane created with PWings, I basically get half a plane. If I attempt to load from the runway, the game freezes. I am also using NEAR.

No idea what is wrong - but it happened to me too. I redownloaded the files, and it was fine..

Maybe worth a try, if a newer file is up maybe.

It seems that crafts made with FAR+PW that works just fine with that mod combination is not loaded properly if you try to load them with NEAR+PW combo.

Alshain discovered this when he was try to test my planes made for SSTO/Spaceplane/Airplane DEsign Contests II.

I have made that crafts not only for contest, but also to promote this mod. You will find more info in mentioned link. It will be good if someone can make some kind of compatibility craft converter between FAR+PW and NEAR+PW mod combinations. I will try to make same crafts for NEAR+PW, but some disclaimer could be mentioned in OP, so people know about issue if for ever reason they want to switch between FAR and NEAR mod at some point of gameplay.

EDIT: I have tried to make some crafts from strach using NEAR+PW, but neither have worked, original PW downloaded files or with NathanKells patched dll. Could be that other mods are also in conflict, but I doubt that it is a case.

Only thing that I'm able to notice is that the same installed mods, only difference is FAR/NEAR gives different number of applied patches on loading screen. With NEAR I got only 1200 patches, but with FAR I have 1205, if that is of any help to narrow down issue.

Edited by kcs123

[LOG 22:13:29.493] B9.Aero.Wing.ControlSurface.SH.4mProcedural: Calc Aero values
[LOG 22:13:29.493] Gather Children
[LOG 22:13:29.493] FAR
[EXC 22:13:29.496] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
WingManipulator.CalculateAerodynamicValues (Boolean doInteraction)
WingManipulator.Setup (Boolean doInteraction)
WingManipulator.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)
PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)
Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)
PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)
PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
PartLoader:StartLoad()
:MoveNext()

Seems to be the relevant error from the log, installing FAR fixes the issue

Pwings and FAR work just nice for me, made several realy good planes with it, search couple of post above for link with crafts and pictures.

Only thing that doesn't work is Pwings and NEAR. I'm using lot of other mods with it and didn't find issues.

Only issue I have expirienced is that sometimes when CoL is not centered when you grab wing and want to attach again on hull. If it is still not centered after you reatach wings that grab wing from oposite side of plane and reattach again. It is explained in OP. It could be that it can't work with some other mods, but without detailed explanation I doubt that anyone can help.

Saying things like - "It just don't work" does not provide enough information for anyone to help you. Other user with more expirience with mod that could help you with some workoraund and doesn't help modders to find issue and provide fix for it.

I'm having a problem with Procedural Dynamics, I can't place the wings at all, i can select them from the menu but when i try to add them to my craft the just don't "stick" or let go of the mouse, if i try to let them go outside of the ship the whole game starts to lag and eventualy crashes, is there a fix for this?

this is a list of all the mods i use:

Mechjeb

Mechjeb Embbeded

Ferram Aerospace Research

Cross Feed Enabler

Editor Extentions

Kerbal Alarm Clock

KerbTrack

Kronal Vessel Viewer

Advanced Fly-By-Wire

Alternate Resource Panel

Part Catalog

Raster Prop Monitor

SCANsat

Vessel View

Real Solar System

Stage Recovery

Toolbar

Tweakscale

Floor It

Enviromental Visual Enhancements

Astronomer's Visual Pack

Better Atmospheres

Texture Replacer

Chatterer

HotRockets

Smokescreen

Ambient Light Shifter

Reflective Ambient

B9 Aerospace

KW Rocketry

Romfarer Lazor System

Interstellar

Firespitter

Infernal Robotics

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Aircraft Expansion

B.Dynamics

HullCamera

Near Future Technologies

FusTek Station Parts

ALCOR

Mk2 Cockpit Internals

And Procedural dynamics ofcourse.

I had that exact same problem, wings just didn't stick, then the game crashed. Drove me crazy trying to figure out what went wrong. I then updated my FAR to the latest version (0.14.3.2) and it worked fine.

I'm trying to make a spaceplane with PWings... but B9 legs keep getting crazy when attached to these wings. They start to wobble after a while, then they make me lose control of the craft and it obviously crashes.

I'm also thinking that they don't give the same amount of lift as normal wings, my plane can't even take off at 130 m/s ( and my FAR derivatives are all green or white ) despite having lots of wing area

How can I solve these problems?

I had that exact same problem, wings just didn't stick, then the game crashed. Drove me crazy trying to figure out what went wrong. I then updated my FAR to the latest version (0.14.3.2) and it worked fine.

I have updated my FAR, i also tried NEAR but some people seem to be having problems with NEAR and PW(?) and i also tried with neither one installed, wings just wont stick.

I'm trying to make a spaceplane with PWings... but B9 legs keep getting crazy when attached to these wings. They start to wobble after a while, then they make me lose control of the craft and it obviously crashes.

I'm also thinking that they don't give the same amount of lift as normal wings, my plane can't even take off at 130 m/s ( and my FAR derivatives are all green or white ) despite having lots of wing area

How can I solve these problems?

...no one?

Is there a way to disable the automatic snap to size when connecting different wing sections? I'd like to build a wing with a gap in it for reasons. I know I could make multiple wing sections from the start when attaching to the craft, but I'd like an even single section of wing to go along the hull of the craft first for aesthetil and part count reasons

I've found another big issue! Yay!

Yesterday I was building an SSTO and I discovered that Pwings just don't get saved and make the plane a bunch of useless parts, even the cockpit loses its root part properties. Moreover, if I try to load any vessel with Pwings on the runway I only get a static KSC view or random void...

Well its been almost 10 days since i inquired about the issue with NEAR and P-wings..im guessing its not as well a known issue as i assumed so let me give some details of my experience...I have used far up until this point...however since its patch for .25 it seems that most if not all of my craft are not even close to flying like an aircraft..this is frustrating to me and i think maybe far has just gotten to a realism point that i cant keep up with seeing as how no one on that forum has made any such claim...thus i want to move to near to maintain the enjoyment level of the game ...P-wings is essential to this due to the fact that the stock aircraft wing options are just ..well you know...anyways that all being said when i removed far and added in near upon loading my aircraft all of the wings were just missing and i was completley unable to attach more...i then made a completley new sandbox save thinking that i may have just corrupted my save somehow ...but even still the P-wings would not allow me to attach them to the fuselage...they basically just act like a part that has no snap point...please let me know what i can do to correct this issue or what i can provide you to correct it as it is truly cutting down on the amount of enjoyment i get from KSP...Thank you for your time and fantastic mod.

Edited by djphllps

Well its been almost 10 days since i inquired about the issue with NEAR and P-wings..im guessing its not as well a known issue as i assumed so let me give some details of my experience...I have used far up until this point...however since its patch for .25 it seems that most if not all of my craft are not even close to flying like an aircraft..this is frustrating to me and i think maybe far has just gotten to a realism point that i cant keep up with seeing as how no one on that forum has made any such claim.(snip)....

Problem you have described is only with NEAR+PW combo. Can't help you with that. I found however that FAR is even easier to use if you know how to read graphs. Many people reported issues with latest FAR version due to new wing mass/strength feature. Those could be solved if you reduce weight/strength from 1.0 to 0.7 or 0.6. For me there is fun to create new craft instead using old ones. You can even recreate your old craft and improve better if you build it from scratch. When SQUAD release KSP 0.90 beta most probably we all have to rebuild our crafts from stratch due to lot of changes in VAB/SPH.

I've found another big issue! Yay!

Yesterday I was building an SSTO and I discovered that Pwings just don't get saved and make the plane a bunch of useless parts, even the cockpit loses its root part properties. Moreover, if I try to load any vessel with Pwings on the runway I only get a static KSC view or random void...

Hmm. sounds like you have a bad install of some mod or even KSP.

The issue isn't with PWings you have a conflict somewhere. What does your output.log say? Post it here in the forums so we can take a look at it and see what the possible problem is.

It doesn't. As I said before:

And there's a fix for your second problem here.

Hey Master Tao,

Im having the same issue, I'm running on steam and have only been able to locate a KSP.log file. If this is the correct log, how do you suggest I post this for help? the log file is considerable longer than the allowable maximum character number for a reply in this forum. (first time poster)

Thanks,

Problem you have described is only with NEAR+PW combo. Can't help you with that. I found however that FAR is even easier to use if you know how to read graphs. Many people reported issues with latest FAR version due to new wing mass/strength feature. Those could be solved if you reduce weight/strength from 1.0 to 0.7 or 0.6. For me there is fun to create new craft instead using old ones. You can even recreate your old craft and improve better if you build it from scratch. When SQUAD release KSP 0.90 beta most probably we all have to rebuild our crafts from stratch due to lot of changes in VAB/SPH.

So is there some sort of fix available/being worked on for this or are NEAR users just SOL?