[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

I'm experiencing some weird issues with the procedural wing control surface. It seems to snap to the innermost section of the wing, and I cant move it anywhere else. I have already checked for conflicting versions of KSPAPIextensions, but all entities of it are up to date. Any help?

EDIT: It seems that any parts placed on a pwing will have snapping issues.

Same issue here. I've avoided PWings in the past, but between larger plane parts and what a cluster the parts list has become, I finally gave in. Didn't know if being unable to snap parts to wings was intended or not.

Same issue here. I've avoided PWings in the past, but between larger plane parts and what a cluster the parts list has become, I finally gave in. Didn't know if being unable to snap parts to wings was intended or not.

Pwings worked great on my .25 Ubuntu install, angle snap and all IIRC. I also want to add that while the game breaking issue doesn't appear to be present in Windows KSP, I don't believe the angle snapping (for control surfaces) is working as intended.

Edited by nebuchadnezzar
words

I'm having a issue where i can't attach any Wing part to a surface.

Even more, after that i can't select any other part on the list and the game doesn't respond to any input anymore.

It's a shame Procedural wings always worked well before 0.90.

Even more, after that i can't select any other part on the list and the game doesn't respond to any input anymore.

What version of KSP are you running? Windows, OSX, Linux? Are you using a clean install with a new save?

Turn off the snap feature in the SPH and this will fix this issue.

It's a shame Procedural wings always worked well before 0.90.

There is somekind of error being thrown hit ALT+F2 and see if there is a spam of red text saying NULLREF. If so you are getting an error from something check your output.log and post it here so that it can be seen if it is a PWings fault or something else.

EDIT-I found that KER was having a conflict with something and throwing most of my errors, I removed it and it fixed the problem... So I strongly suggest you check your Output.log

Edited by Hodo

Stupid question, how do i create a Output.log without having a CTD (or where do i find it)?

Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)

Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )

Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

Turn off the snap feature in the SPH and this will fix this issue.

That's avoiding the issue though, not fixing it. Yes, there are ways around it, including going back to adjust with the rotation tool, but the problem of not being able to use the initial snap attachment is still there.

It's nothing game-breaking if you figure out what the problem is, but already it looks like people are assuming that you can't attach anything to PWing parts because it's not working with snap.

Question: Procedural wing only modify the shape of the wing, but it can't modify the thickness of the wings, does it? Kind of want a bigger wing for MK3 parts, but would look weird putting paper thin wings on huge bodies, like how the stock ones are now. =/

Question: Procedural wing only modify the shape of the wing, but it can't modify the thickness of the wings, does it? Kind of want a bigger wing for MK3 parts, but would look weird putting paper thin wings on huge bodies, like how the stock ones are now. =/

Don't know if that has changed, but you can change the thickness.

Not a lot, sorry ( at least, for me.. NK might get more from it)... Try and replicate on an install with only FAR and pWings OR in the KSP settings.cfg file, change VERBOSE_DEBUG_LOG to True. Then, replicate the issue, open up debug menu, expand an exception and screenshot.
Thanks for your help!

Alright, i tried the second option (changing the Settings.cfg file) and opend the red colored text.

Screenshot002_zpsc4646edd.jpg

The upper opened text is made by selecting the part.

The lower one by dumping it.

I hope this helps.

EDIT:

There does seem to be an issue with FAR at the least. I'll look into it.

I'm using NEAR, btw.

Yeah, I'm using FAR and I get nullrefs that force me to quit and restart. Going to try a FAR-less run.

e: Yep, no nullrefs when I pull the Ferram folder from gamedata. I'm going to guess that if I throw the ferram folder back in, it should work until I start placing pWings.

Edited by falken

Same problem with NEAR

EDIT: I removed NEAR and attaching / manipulating a wing worked. However, when I remove the wing or try to sick it on somewhere else, nothing (not even other parts) will attach anymore.

Edited by philly_idle

Yep. NEAR compatibility still borked, in a same manner as month ago.

Months, really?

I had no reason to complain about it before 0.90.0.

But on the other hand i never created very complicated ships/rockets so i never missed a offest function or all the other stuff stuff that came with 0.90.0, anyways.

Those new editor "enhancements" that came with 0.90.0 made a huge mess with the editor IMO. :(

Those new editor "enhancements" that came with 0.90.0 made a huge mess with the editor IMO. :(

That's all just getting used to. I feel the editor is reborn and building complex stuff costs 1/3 of the time now. I really love the new editor and never want to go back.

Yep getting the same fault as Drelam. I have posted my full output.log in the FAR thread, when I get home in 7 hours I will post it here if needed.

Hello I have a problem with procedural wings.

Everytime I try to attach the wings in the editor they don't attach (light up green but when I click nothing happens) and then the game crashes in a very strange way.

I can click things and see my mouse and the buttons seem to work(they react graphically) but don't react in any way so that I can't even exit the game. Also when I try to place the wings every other part becomes unable to be placed.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance :)