[0.90] Procedural Dynamics - Procedural Wing 0.9.3 Dec 24

DYJ

Looks great man, keep the goodness coming..C:

btw, a question. This pack contains a very nice procedural adapter for stacking different diameter parts together, I cannot make it work for the life of me though...As soon as a craft is loaded in the launchpad, the adapter flies away forcefully, with rather dramatic results.

I'm using kerbal joint reinforcement and FAR, if that is any help...

Not seen that myself, does the adapter explode without kerbal joint reinforcement? It really shouldn't explode since it doesn't move the nodes, but weirder things have happened.

Not seen that myself, does the adapter explode without kerbal joint reinforcement? It really shouldn't explode since it doesn't move the nodes, but weirder things have happened.

DYJ, it's good to see you back. The control surfaces look great! Are they compatible with FAR?

Also, and I hope this isn't a taboo subject, will your next version include variable thickness wings?

I'm honestly not sure how FAR will handle the update, so they might potentially not be. Not sure yet.

Variable thickness has always been planned but turned out to be messier to implement than I had planned, but it's still on the list. Will have another look.

Will try without KJR as soon as I come home from work. Its really weird, but hilarious too. I use it currently as propelant charge for a large mortar, using a small sepatron as a shell..XD

And yep, its the KJR that does it. Will post in its thread for some help..C:

Just to throw in my two cents, I am having the CoL position problem as well. I have a pure unmodded install on my computer an put the mod in that, it worked. So it's most likely one of the mods I have installed? The mods I have are Infernal Robotics, B9 Aero-space pack, boat parts, Firspitter parts, Roamfarer Lazor guided weapons and lazor systems, and finally robotic arms.

I have discovered that the problems with the CoL arise when I have wings that are not connected. It even happens when you don't use the symmetry mode. I can place a procedural wing on one side and place any kind of wing on the other side and the CoL will act as though there is no other wing attached. It does show, what I think, is the correct CoL when the second piece is attached though...

8Er6DZn.png

vUGBXAV.png

s7na0Jf.png

The non-FAR CoL bug seems to have fixed itself in the latest version.

Added thickness scaling. (Still WIP, goes backwards on some parts for whatever reason, will try to figure it out)

Added ellipsoid wing pieces that can be used as wings or wingtips.

@DaMichel i simply put them on top of the fuselage and used WASDQE to rotate them back down.

Edited by DYJ

Wow. Can't wait, really. I was excited for 0.23, but now I will probably have a hard time sleeping thinking of what the next update will bring. :)

There seem to be control surface bug: when using symmetry mode, editing surface (well, both of them at once actually) shifts CoL like if you've placed just one surface, not 2 in symmetry mode. Workaround: make one surface, then pick it up, switch symmetry on and it'll be placed correctly. Can anyone confirm that?

there's something funny going on with how the CoF of the Pwings is handled. it seems to be inverted =/. Along with symmetry on control surfaces(AWESOME) combined with root/tip thickness to be inverted on the other surface, repicking won't help.

qk8H7gf.jpg

BTW thickness scaling is controlled through the new tweakables menu (right click).

It's still WIP as changelog says, but shouldn't thickness setting affect visuals of the wing/surface? I tried to change them and.. nothing. Seems that it has no visual or CoL impact for now.